Friendly Competition Between Buddies

“Got some gas” meaning NoS

Get a bench shirt, or did they say no cheating?

Practice with heavy weights 1/4 bench press
then 1/2 bench press when you feel more comfortable. I recommend you use 250 pounds.
When you’re comfortable doing 250 pounds 1/2 bench press add 20 more pounds and start on 1/4 bench press.
Every cycle should add about 5-10 pounds on your real bench press

Any other thoughts on these partial presses??

Also anyone else have there sticking point low on their bench press?? What do you all do to work through it??

Thanks alot.

p.s. I didn’t ask about the shirt. I bet I could get away with it but I want to get bigger so I’m two birding it with one stone by working on this.

Had a Max Effort Bench day today:

Floor Press:
I worked a few warmup sets in (135 and 185 etc) then for work I got:
225x3, 235x1, 245x1

Tricep PushDown(Rope Attachment):
140x10, 140x10, 140x10

Front DB Raise:
30x10, 30x10, 30x10

FacePull:
100x10, 100x10, 100x10

This was my first time doing floor press’ and they looked a little awkward on the various vids I watched to see form…however when I tried them they felt really second nature to me. I’m looking forward to doing them again.

Just a though, spend a lot of time on your lats too if you are interested in a big max. As odd as it sounds, your back is what gives you the explosion at the bottom.

Lifted in a different gym and had to write down my dynamic effort leg day on a piece of loose lief…having trouble finding it now :?..

Heres the dynamic bench day I had today:

Dynamic Bench 135 8x3
Rack Lockouts 225 3x3
Military BB 115 4x6
BB Row 160 4x6

These are just the worksets of course, warmups not shown.

The top half of my bench feels strong (relative to me) its the bottom portion that I think will be what might limit my performance. Keep giving me ideas for improving that area of my horizontal press!!

As you know my comp is about 12 weeks from start to finish so I think testing the max at week 6 makes sense… gauge where I am and see whats going on with my bench. (For instance see if this low sticking point is being corrected).

As far as I’m concerned 95 percent of you know more than I do so I love the feedback. Take it easy.

[quote]Fabregas wrote:
Practice with heavy weights 1/4 bench press
then 1/2 bench press when you feel more comfortable. I recommend you use 250 pounds.
When you’re comfortable doing 250 pounds 1/2 bench press add 20 more pounds and start on 1/4 bench press.
Every cycle should add about 5-10 pounds on your real bench press[/quote]

As assistance MAYBE otherwise BOLLOCKS!