T Nation

Friend Suggested that I Inject Estrogen?

I have a co-worker that is pretty big, about as big as me. He’s 5’11" 225 at 12% BF and I’m 6’2" 230 8% BF. He has taken steroids and I haven’t, so I ask him a lot of questions concerning steroids.

It’s a well-known fact that if you inject Test that not only your testosterone levels, but your estrogen levels as well will shoot up. He jokingly said to me that if you injected estrogen into your body that, in reaction, your testosterone levels would rise as well.

Keep in mind that this was all in good fun to joke around with this with my friend, for we do not know what would happen if we really did such a thing, but I wanted to put this through the T-Nation members to see what they think.

What would actually happen, as a man and not a woman, to your body if you injected Estrogen? Would you just see the typical estrogenic side effects from taking gear or would testosterone levels increasing be a possibility? Possibly even something else. Any discussion is welcome.

Feminization obliviously. What else were you thinking of?

So where would you go to find injectable estrogen?..Doesnt seem to show up as a desirable compound for bodybuilding, both male and female, unless you want to cook up a spoonfull of birth-control pills and inject that…Someone is blowing smoke up your ass, Kumba’…

I don’t know. That’s why I’m asking. This is mere speculation, but could it be possible that it would affect the Testosterone levels in the male body?

[quote]BestDaddyEver wrote:
I don’t know. That’s why I’m asking. This is mere speculation, but could it be possible that it would affect the Testosterone levels in the male body?[/quote]

ok some estrogen is good for building muscle but injecting mass amounts of it like you would with test will do nothing more than give you soft skin and some nice boobs

not only smoke is being blown here but dude is peeing down your back and trying to tell you its raining

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
So where would you go to find injectable estrogen?..Doesnt seem to show up as a desirable compound for bodybuilding, both male and female, unless you want to cook up a spoonfull of birth-control pills and inject that…Someone is blowing smoke up your ass, Kumba’…[/quote]

We were kidding when we were talking about it. I was just speculating what would happen if a male were to inject estrogen regularly.

I found a research webpage that studied the effects of injecting hormones into female and male rabbits and the managed to use injectable estrogen. The information itself, however proved to be of little use because all they were looking at was the bladder changes.

[quote]nichaaron wrote:
BestDaddyEver wrote:
I don’t know. That’s why I’m asking. This is mere speculation, but could it be possible that it would affect the Testosterone levels in the male body?

ok some estrogen is good for building muscle but injecting mass amounts of it like you would with test will do nothing more than give you soft skin and some nice boobs

not only smoke is being blown here but dude is peeing down your back and trying to tell you its raining[/quote]

Did you read? We were joking about it. This thread is simply a topic of curious discussion about “what-if’s”.

Regardless of what any information anywhere says, I would never inject estrogen into my body… unless, of course, my financing for my sex change goes through.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]BestDaddyEver wrote:
nichaaron wrote:
BestDaddyEver wrote:
I don’t know. That’s why I’m asking. This is mere speculation, but could it be possible that it would affect the Testosterone levels in the male body?

ok some estrogen is good for building muscle but injecting mass amounts of it like you would with test will do nothing more than give you soft skin and some nice boobs

not only smoke is being blown here but dude is peeing down your back and trying to tell you its raining

Did you read? We were joking about it. This thread is simply a topic of curious discussion about “what-if’s”.

Regardless of what any information anywhere says, I would never inject estrogen into my body… unless, of course, my financing for my sex change goes through.[/quote]

I know i just wanted a excuse to say peeing down your back and tell ya its raining

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
In which case, I trust you will be changing your screen name to ‘best non-functional mommy ever’ yeah?

Bushy
[/quote]

Ah bushy, with all the advances in medical technology, he may well be functional.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Maybe this “friend” thinks you have a pretty mouth too.

“MMMmmm… doncha just love my new breasts and limp dick darling…”

“NO? But you said i wasnt sensitive enough…”

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
No one else seems to want to answer your actual question, so I shall give it a go.

In the male body (and the female, actually) testosterone is secreted and then a proportion of that is converted (via enzymatic action) into E.

There is no pathway for E to be converted into T.

Therefore, if you inject E, none of it will be converted into T.

However, it would seem likely that via feedback, levels of the enzyme that converts T into E would drop, possibly leaving you with more of your natural T, since not as much will be converted to E.

On the flipside, the excess E will be seen by the hypothalamus which will then reduce your natural T output to compensate.

It’s a lose-lose situation, any way you cut it.

Bushy[/quote]

Sounds about right. How the hell did you get so damn intelligent?