Friend May Have Gotten Screwed Out of a Job UPDATE

It was more along the lines of “as long as you are employed by us you are expected to have a valid and active driver’s license”

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
It was more along the lines of “as long as you are employed by us you are expected to have a valid and active driver’s license” [/quote]

Could be AQ I was just saying that to complete an I9 you need this also. Your friend may be freaking out a little bit, and she may need to clarify this. Also drug screening and back ground checks are also driven by drivers license, so it may not be for actually driving.

State ID, get one. She has her permit she is over 18, once youre over the age of 18, at least in illinois, im pretty certain you can just go challenge the driving exam, whats that take, a day of studying, semi comfortable driving, and if she has a permit she should be, and a day of test taking. bada bing bada boom problem solved. youre welcome. i give this info out of the kindness of my heart, you can thank me later.

Print out the emai as evidence for your/her claim just in case.

It sounds weird that they are requesting a license number. Why wouldn’t a SSN or non-driver’s suffice?

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
It sounds weird that they are requesting a license number. Why wouldn’t a SSN or non-driver’s suffice?[/quote]

Like I was saying Spar hiring practices in the US is now required for two forms of ID on the I9. Also if she is going to be working with children back ground checks are also a probable requirement and these are normally checked with drivers license.

As long as she is not a total spaz, she could go to the DMV and have her DL in a day. Why freak out?

The easiest course of action is to just get a DL. If she’s already started the process, just finish it post-haste. It shouldn’t be that difficult and it probably could be done in a day.

DB

Update: She spoke with the place, and the license is only for people that are traveling out into the suburbs or further away. They also try to place people working with students in their own neighborhoods, which is nice. So crisis averted. She’s still going to get her license asap though so we can avoid this in the future.