T Nation

Friend Has Taken Bad Advice

A guy I occasionally lift with tells me he is in the middle of a cycle of Winny orals and that its working great. It does look as though the winny is doing its thing but when I asked him for some more details I begin to wonder if he is about to make a huge error.

He tells me he takes two pills every day for three months and when he is done he will have put on “size” and gotten leaner. I ask him about his Post Cycle plans and he has zero. His “guy” says he needs nothing but rest and Milk Thistle to help his liver recover.

I have no idea how much he is actually taking but is buddy fucked or what?

I asked him to show me the bottle next time we hang out but I have little to no knowledge in regards to what a proper cycle of Winny would look like.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

So what kind of advice should I give. He thinks he’s going to be find and can’t wait to do it all over again.

tell him to join up here and post his cycle up for us :slight_smile: it should get taken care of pretty quickly then lol

[quote]wood wrote:
So what kind of advice should I give. He thinks he’s going to be find and can’t wait to do it all over again.[/quote]

A basic check of his lipid profile should be enough to scare any halfway intelligent human into rethinking future damaging cycles.

I told him to research before trying ANYTHING but his dealer is a good friend that “knows” his stuff. Just don’t want to see him get all fucked up from one cycle when there are a million resources out there.

“Winny only” cycles work well in the short term (like 2-3 weeks) but not so much for longer periods. If using it for a longer duration he is best to stack it with test.

after a few more weeks he should start getting a negative feedback to his own test levels because of the elevated DHT, his libido will start to crash, and he will feel lethargic. In short he will get shut down and the longer he is on the more trouble he will have getting it back without a proper PCT. After just 3 weeks you bounce back pretty quick…after 12 weeks not so much.

winstrol is really hard on the joints for some people, very liver toxic, and notoriously bad for lipid levels so 12 weeks is pretty foolish. He will likely start to experience problems with some if not all of these after 12 weeks of continuous use.

Your friend is crazy. Just plain winny for 12 weeks?!

Goodbye liver, hello joint pain.

Bushy, what are the odds of this guy having serious shutdown issues? i.e. f*cked for life?

Should he stop altogether at this point? Will he still need a post cycle plan. I’m not sure he should be going to his supplier for any PCT.

orals for 12 weeks!? Holy fuck. What is he gonna use his liver for, cracker spread? If he doesn’t listen to advice and is adamant about knowing his stuff, let him be and watch. I know a couple guys like him. The second red flag was raised when he was clueless about his PCT. In the words of Mr. T, I pity the fooh.

The fooh?

Fool, but you know how he says it. Poor bastard, what a waste of a liver.

What happened to them? If he’s going to have it rough for a few weeks after the cycle than I can live with it but if he is permanently damaging himself with only his first cycle than I want to help him out. Is there anything I can recommend he do for PCT?

[quote]wood wrote:
What happened to them? If he’s going to have it rough for a few weeks after the cycle than I can live with it but if he is permanently damaging himself with only his first cycle than I want to help him out. Is there anything I can recommend he do for PCT?[/quote]

You’re a good friend, but is he likely to listen? Ask bushy or rainjack or another vet, they’ll be the best source of advice.

He’s probably not likely to listen to be honest but I would feel better about it if I helped him out and I would be more convincing if i was able give him some options. He seemed to chalk up my concerns to being a seroid newb. His supplier is an experienced user where I have never done a cycle.

[quote]wood wrote:
His supplier is an experienced user where I have never done a cycle.[/quote]

Which means his supplier is very dumb or an unscrupulous cunt. Or both. For an experienced user to supply that to a newbie…

So I spoke with him again after a lift this morning. I mentioned alot of the things that you guys explained to me and he seemed genuinely concerned about it. If fact he seemed to panic a little at the prospect of his liver turning to goo and his dick not working. How can he help the recovery process besides stopping right away?

How many weeks is he on now? Tell him to get to a doctor. Tell him to get his liver enzyme values checked. The liver can regenerate. as for an emergency PCT, wait for the Vets to chime in.

Its been a little over 10 weeks, but he may be understating to look less stupid.

ouch. get him to the nearest doctor for said blood tests.