Friend Bought Some Muscle Shocker

my friend bought some muscle shocker. apperently its supposed to “work for your muscles”. this is gay; id like to know… is this stuipid thing going to put him ahead of me by strength and size? it bothers me that he can buy these crazy expencive supplements with a little zapper to make his muscles get big while im busting ass… let me refrase that, i like to work out in the gym. i enjoy it. but it angers me that my friend eats like crap and doesnt lift. then he looks for the newest wonder pill that will grow muscles for him or something. is this muscle stimulator thing that great?

[quote]tin_soldier wrote:
my friend bought some muscle shocker. apperently its supposed to “work for your muscles”. this is gay; id like to know… is this stuipid thing going to put him ahead of me by strength and size? it bothers me that he can buy these crazy expencive supplements with a little zapper to make his muscles get big while im busting ass… let me refrase that, i like to work out in the gym. i enjoy it. but it angers me that my friend eats like crap and doesnt lift. then he looks for the newest wonder pill that will grow muscles for him or something. is this muscle stimulator thing that great?[/quote]

No, It is not that great. In fact- Martketing those units as a muscle builder is borderline scam artistry. They have some legitimate applications in rehab, but sure as hell will never replace moving weight to build muscle. His mentality will be his own demise.

Leave him to waste money and what little effort he puts forth, while you keep investing sweat equity in getting results.

Depends on what model it is.

A properly built and operated EMS (which is what I’m assuming he bought…) can really do some great things for muscle size and strength. I’m going to take a wild guess and say that his “muscle shocker” is probably not the EMS that Charlie Francis uses on his athletes.

However, as was said before, EMS is DEFINITLY INFERIOR to lifting in terms of muscle growth. The main applicatin for EMS (IMO), is that it allows speed and power athletes to maintain or improve muscle mass while not fatiguing themselves as greatly.

Think about it like this, how many really big guys do you know that rely on EMS for gain? Probably 0.