I love this site and have been lurking for over a year now. I have decided that it is time to finally post my training log and get involved in the forums a little bit. I will lay out the basic guidelines of my current plan below. I also intend to switch over to Jim Wendler’s 5/3/1 program upon completion of this program.
To give a little background on myself I am currently serving in the U.S. Navy and stationed onboard the USS Essex LHD-2. My job is a Fire Controlman. I am charge of maintaining and operating all the missile defense system onboard the ship. We are currently on patrol in the Pacific Ocean. I should also note that I am just starting week six of this program. I will post my starting weight and where I am at right now.
- Workout Split: 3 workouts per week with at least 1 day of rest in between
- Rest Intervals: 1-1.5 minutes between each sets
- For each exercise use 55-60% of target load for set 1, 75-80% of load for set 2 and 100% of load for sets 3 through 5
- Increase weight weekly by a cumulative 10lb, but only if able to do 5 5 5 5 5 the previous week
- If unable to achieve 5,5,5,5,5 with a given weight for 2 consecutive weeks, deload on the third week by 10-20lb and continue the program
- One final note. Unforunately due to my ships pitching and rolling, I am forced to relinquish myself to the forbidden smith machine for my bench press movements. You would be surprised how heavy a relatively light barbell can get when the ship takes a heavy roll. I still do everyhting else including squats with free weights.