Frequent Urination & Elipticals

A couple weeks ago I started using the eliptical machine at my gym.  I used it for about 4 days straight.  On the 5th day I noticed that in certain situations, I had to urinate alot.  As soon as the bus would hit a bump I would have to piss so bad, it felt like I was going to piss my pants.  I actually had to get off the bus and walk home <about 1 hour> while stopping about 10 times to piss.

So I thought something might be wrong with me, but I couldnt figure out why I was urinating so much. Was it too much coffee or caffine or was my weight training to heavy or something??? So, I decided to go to the doctor. Big mistake.

I got to the doctors the next day and waited an hour in the waiting room. by the way, i had to piss 4 times in that hour. So the doc calls me in. I tell him what’s been happening. So he tells me to lay down on my side. The dude snaps on the gloves and says hes gonna check my prostate. So, I thought that was the worst part. WRONG!

He tells me to roll over on to my back… The dude checks my wang and my nads. Everything is all good. Then he tells me to put my head back. The dude pulls out the cotton swab and shoves it in my pee hole… AHHHHHHHHH!!! This is very painful. Some of the worst pain i’ve ever felt. So he has no explaination, and he tells me that i probably got an STD.

A week goes by, I dont have an STD. I stopped caffine and heavy lifting…everything went back to normal. So i figure i will start cardio, so i go back on the eliptical. Intstant piss attack. So now I know what caused me to have to pee all the time.

so that is my story. has anyone else had this happen?

Um, you got a thorough going over by the doc and you checked out fine. So you drop the weights which wasn’t causing the problem and continued doing what is the problem.

Now I am not a doc but how about you ditch the elliptical?

I’ve never heard of anything like it…

Previous back injuries or nerve issues?

I’ve always had frequent urination after intense lifting. I’ve talked to more than one doctor about it, and I’ve been checked for STDs. My prostate was not checked, but supposedly I am “too young” to have any serious issues. The frequent urination only happens for a few hours after, though. I honestly don’t know what it is.

maybe your drinking more watter than you think with all that cardio

dude, i didnt know the eliptical was the cause… only after eliminating everything and trying the eliptical again after a while , that I found that it was the cause of the problem.

You’re sure you don’t, like, have a UTI or somehting? That’s so weird.

[quote]ThatGirl77 wrote:
You’re sure you don’t, like, have a UTI or somehting? That’s so weird.[/quote]

They had me take a test for that with the little pee that I had left, after having gone pee many times while in the waiting room.

By the way, after you get “the swab”, if feels like you are pissing razor blades after for like the whole day, which sucked cuz i had to pee like 15 times.

[quote]animal4life wrote:
ThatGirl77 wrote:
You’re sure you don’t, like, have a UTI or somehting? That’s so weird.

They had me take a test for that with the little pee that I had left, after having gone pee many times while in the waiting room.

By the way, after you get “the swab”, if feels like you are pissing razor blades after for like the whole day, which sucked cuz i had to pee like 15 times.[/quote]

How do you know what it’s like to piss razor blades? Maybe this is why you are having problems. You are pissing out weird shit.

2 years ago for a couple of weeks i would get this urge to piss so bad i’d have have to drop everything immediately and go. i’m not exagerating it was unlike anything i’ve experienced and i’ve always been able to hold as long as i needed -even if i had to take a 2 minute piss.

sometimes i’d get this urge even when i didn’t have to go much at all. it sort of came and went every couple of days.

anyway the doc didn’t think anything was wrong but my urine test came back micro-haematuria and he referred me a urologist, who i got to see 3 months later.

my piss symptoms stopped about a week after i saw the 1st doc.

when i finally saw the urologist i was feeling completely normal. i still had m.h. in my urine he wanted to check out my bladder for cancer and told me i had less than a 1% of having it.

so on we went to the cystoscopy…when he told me about it i had pictured something wicked M.I.3 you know, like the size of a single strand of fiber-optic cable or something…then the doc whips out this clutch cable housing off his gixxer 1000 and i thought he was joking…

JEEZ-S-FUCKING-CHRIST !!!

he put that thing into my bladder and i was competely helpless… every pore i had in my skin was running full-on and i was soaked in sweat almost instantly.

god. that. sucked.

the good news is i had no cancer, nor anything else wrong in there. he attributed the m.h. to the running and jumping i was doing. he couldn’t explain the urge to piss i had, which i lived with for 3 or 4 weeks and never returned.

that was the first time i’ve been to a doctor for anything other than a check up.