T Nation

Frequent DLing, Kidney Pain

I’ve been deadlifting every day (different variations, different speeds) for a while, with some days off, of course.

The last few days I’ve been having kidney pain (mild), only when I wake up in the morning.

What is this all about? I’m trying to form an idea before I go to the doctor.

can be a stone.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
I have no idea what you might have. But, here are some signs of perhaps early kidney failure. Things that you don’t want to ignore:

A decreased amount of urine
Urine that looks foamy or dark
Pain in the flanks
High blood pressure
Loss of appetite
Nausea and vomiting
Itchiness
Swollen face, hands or feet
Muscle cramps

Good luck. [/quote]

It’s funny, because as with any list of symptoms, some apply, some don’t.

For example, urine is plenty. It’s foamy, but not dark. I do have pain in the flanks, but only for a few dozen seconds in the morning. I don’t have high blood pressure, and I have a very good appetite. I do have cramps, but that’s from the training volume.

Are you sure it’s your kidneys and not just a tight back?

This is what I’m trying to find out.

I’m used to super-frequent and heavy training.

Has it taken a toll on my body? Can that kind of training affecy my kidneys? Or is it just back tightness.

Thing is I have extremely high pain tolerance. I can train myself into the ground and then keep going at it. That’s why I have to look out for things like these. It would be very easy for me to dismiss the morning pain.

[quote]Classy_Cojones wrote:
This is what I’m trying to find out.

I’m used to super-frequent and heavy training.

Has it taken a toll on my body? Can that kind of training affecy my kidneys? Or is it just back tightness.

Thing is I have extremely high pain tolerance. I can train myself into the ground and then keep going at it. That’s why I have to look out for things like these. It would be very easy for me to dismiss the morning pain. [/quote]

Have you considered backing off on the DLs for a few days to see how you feel? I suspect that is what your doctor will recommend. And yes, I know that’s exactly what you didn’t want to hear.