Frequency or Basic Volume Training for Size?

I think it’s pretty clear Maazersmiit was joking…

DED.

To OP’s question, I don’t think going to 2x weekly but keeping volume the same will make a noticeable difference. You add frequency to get more volume in or hone technique, and honing technique doesn’t make you bigger. Add a second day of everything and increase volume by, say, 50% total. So do 75% of your previous volume each day.

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:
Add a second day of everything and increase volume by, say, 50% total. So do 75% of your previous volume each day.[/quote]

I switched to this a while ago and it’s awesome

DED.

To OP’s question, I don’t think going to 2x weekly but keeping volume the same will make a noticeable difference. You add frequency to get more volume in or hone technique, and honing technique doesn’t make you bigger. Add a second day of everything and increase volume by, say, 50% total. So do 75% of your previous volume each day.[/quote]

Sorry, don’t understand.

let’s say i’m doing 16 sets for back one time a week and i switch to 2 times a week.
training 1 = how many sets ? and training 2 ?

[quote]SwissIron wrote:

DED.

To OP’s question, I don’t think going to 2x weekly but keeping volume the same will make a noticeable difference. You add frequency to get more volume in or hone technique, and honing technique doesn’t make you bigger. Add a second day of everything and increase volume by, say, 50% total. So do 75% of your previous volume each day.[/quote]

Sorry, don’t understand.

let’s say i’m doing 16 sets for back one time a week and i switch to 2 times a week.
training 1 = how many sets ? and training 2 ?[/quote]
Yea, the wording there was funny.

You would hypothetically do 12 sets each lifting day for a total of 24. Volume is the biggest driver of muscle building, so you need to make that your primary training variable rather than the frequency lifted, which is just a means to an end.

Take 16 sets and multiply by .75 16x.75=12. Do 12 sets twice a week

[quote]mbdix wrote:
Take 16 sets and multiply by .75 16x.75=12. Do 12 sets twice a week[/quote]

thanks :wink: it seems to be a big increase in volume / week / muscle doesn’t ? i mean, doing that with all body part, overtraining can be very closeâ?¦

[quote]SwissIron wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:
Take 16 sets and multiply by .75 16x.75=12. Do 12 sets twice a week[/quote]

thanks :wink: it seems to be a big increase in volume / week / muscle doesn’t ? i mean, doing that with all body part, overtraining can be very closeâ?¦
[/quote]

no