Frenchie's Killer Queen Log

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Yep. I saw the flapping. Here’s the funny thing. I’m in the process of breaking myself of the habit. Didn’t do it at all for my recent PR pull. I’ll just leave you in suspense for what I’m doing now. Yep. Got a new habit.

[/quote]

Dammit Snap!! how’s a girl to learn if you keep switchin the rules on me??

ok no flapping. don’t tell me you’re hitting yourself now? :wink:

Let me be the first to say you have KILLER lats. And you can cook! I wanna be like you.

Great work on the deads. Nice PR

[quote]nlmain wrote:
overhead squat as per request.[/quote]

YAY!!
This isn’t SAMA so I’ll keep my yap shut.

WOW!
I now love OHS!

Seriously enticing pic there, Mainy.

No, I’m not hitting myself before I DL like PMPM does. I’m jumping five times. Gets the adrenaline flowing and calms me down all at the same time if that’s possible.

What’s your plan for winding down as your meet approaches? This should be your last serious training week, right?

Wow N. Awesome DL’s, awesome food, and that OH squat… well, I’ll be over there in the corner with GIT, trying to keep my mouth shut :wink:

Ink and Git in the corner?

shit, bitch, i’ll be saddling up behind you offering a spot. with mah FACE!! (HAHA! pw rules. we can be naughty and its up to the logger to say if the boys can! double standard, yiz.)

The down week before a meet kills me. of all the times to want to expend some energy, and you cant. grrr. Hope you do better than i did with the downtime, I’m pretty sure i crawled the walls and ceilings. (no, no video.)

All the pics on this page are appetizing, from the lamb to your rump roast ;D

So much win in this thread! I very much enjoyed the camera angle – very delicious, and the food too.

And, what a great idea doing overhead squats with DBs! Why have I never thought of that?!?

Whoa! Nice erectors!

Back to business.

Snap - plan is to practice bench commands tonight, do a light leg day tomorrow, hit the squats heavy with the coach on friday and I suppose chill out next week? What do you do the week prior to competing?

Benching with commands.
“Start”, 5 count pause on chest, “Press”, 3 count pause at lockout, “Rack”…

95lbs 1x5
115lbs 3x1
135lbs 4x1
140lbs 1x1
135lbs 1x1
115lbs 2x1
125lbs 2x1
130lbs 2x1
125lbs 2x1
115lbs 12x1 - with longer pauses.

Facepulls
35lbs 1x12
45lbs 2x12

Cable rows
85lbs 3x8

can’t believe this took me 2 hours…

Nice pressing Mainie, those commands sound like they make the weight that much harder.

[quote]nlmain wrote:

Benching with commands.
“Start”, 5 count pause on chest, “Press”, 3 count pause at lockout, “Rack”…

…[/quote]

this will really help me. thank you.

[quote]nlmain wrote:
lamb shanks marinated in Grand Marnier and all spice. Looks like I’m on my own this evening.[/quote]
omg this looks amazing… PM a generalized version of the recipe??? … GOD THAT LOOKS GOOD. your pics are hot too, but I can’t eat you!! :slight_smile:

5 count pause on the chest?! Shit that’s a long time. Nice benching and pics.

The pause has def added a challenge to my game.

For Bree:

Slow-roasted lamb shank with onions and potatoes

Ingredients

4 lamb shanks
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons brown sugar
allspice, ground
2 ounces olive oil
2 ounces butter
4 garlic cloves, just cracked
1 onion
3 sprigs rosemary (I sed a table spoon of dried stuff)
3 sprigs thyme (again I used dried)
a generous splash of Grand Marnier
vinegar
3 cups chicken stock
12 white mini-potatoes

Method

rub the shanks with some salt, brown sugar and allspice

Pick a roasting pan sized to comfortably accommodate all the shanks lying down. Add oil and butter. Brown meat on all sides. Remove. Brown onion and garlic, deglaze with the vinegar. Add Grand Marnier and broth. Place meat back in and add potatoes.

Turn the oven to 325F and add the rosemary and thyme and bake for 3 hours. Check every hour or so to see if liquid has evaporated. Add water if necessary.

Serves 4.

I have been a ravenous house of hungry since my deadlift day on saturday. Lunch = a bunch of almonds, an RTD, 2 protein bars. Thats like easy 800 cals right there. In normal circumstance I’d be giddy thinking “I’m growing!” but I’m pretty much at the top of my weight group right now and I don’t want to fuck it up. Good news is I’m sitting on 156 - just a pound above my bikini trip weight a month ago. I just cannot bust 158 until after this meet.

After that, I be growing some legs.

whooo hooo!!! meet excitement!!!

what are federation are you lifting in? when is it again?!!

ee! i’m excited :)!!

Wow it is busy in here!
Pictures, food and some serious lifting. Can’t go wrong!

Great job on your deadlift progression. Looks like you had a pretty awesome day in the gym there.

Those overhead squat pics are awsome. Very strong!