French Presidential Elections

From what I remember, a few years ago there were several incidents with him vowing to bring a project to terms but at the ended completely ignored it. I’ll have to look it up but I have a feeling it was between 2002-2004 when he was still ministre de l’interieur (for the first time).

[quote]pat36 wrote:
You may have even felt strongly about it, but you couldn’t known. I have been to Europe many times. [/quote]

Would we have taken it to the streets otherwise?

Everybody saw the BS justifications coming ever since the “axis of evil” speech. And I guess we remembered all of the infamous CIA cases. So, I say we knew.

If you call the ever rising death toll “progress”, I might agree with you. But when you guys built the biggest US embassy on earth in Baghdad, you’ll have to forgive me for questioning the true extent of your presence there.

And the walls you’re building are supposed to prevent that exactly how? From the looks of it, you’ve purposedly accelarated the balkanization of the region.

And invading it was responsible?

Fair enough. I have a feeling you’re genuinely concerned about the welfare of the Iraqis and their future. So, I’ll give you a break.

But how about impeaching the idiots that got you there already? I heard Vermont was on its way…

Blaming one politican for “not doing as he promises”… well, please show me one politican that holds every promise, I have a hard time believing you can find one single.

Again: France needs a new line, both when it comes to immigration and when it comes to economics. I think Royale isn’t “man enough” (ho ho…) to do the unpopular things needed.

It would be good if France stood with us in our war against the Islamic goals of world conquest. Maybe the riots in the suburbs of Paris woke the French people up to the true nature of the enemy.

They (the French) only need to read about Charles Martel and his defeat of the Muslim ambitions to realize that France is one of the first in the path of the global Islamo-Fascist plan.

“Welcome into the fight, Mr. Blaine. This time, I know we’ll win.”
— from ‘Casablanca’

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
The beauty of a two round election is that fringe candidates can be given a shot at leadership in the first round and then have them dashed in the second round. Think about it–in the first round Bush and Gore win the first round election and Nader gets defeated–this is good for two reasons:

1. Naders voice and opinions reach a wider base.

2. In the second election Bush probably would have been defeated because the “Naderites” are now going for Gore.

Its a win-win situation. I would also like to see this or ranked choice voting being seriously discussed.

Viva la France.[/quote]

Bye!!

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Tolerant nations acceping intolerant immigrants…does not work at the end of the day.[/quote]

You, sir, have nailed it!

[quote]Adamsson wrote:
Blaming one politican for “not doing as he promises”… well, please show me one politican that holds every promise, I have a hard time believing you can find one single.

Again: France needs a new line, both when it comes to immigration and when it comes to economics. I think Royale isn’t “man enough” (ho ho…) to do the unpopular things needed.[/quote]

Do not get me wrong, I agree that France need a new line and this will most likely come from Sarkozy however, I feel it is neccessary to point out that he isn’t the spotless politician that some believe he is.

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:
Adamsson wrote:

Again: France needs a new line, both when it comes to immigration and when it comes to economics. I think Royale isn’t “man enough” (ho ho…) to do the unpopular things needed.

Do not get me wrong, I agree that France need a new line and this will most likely come from Sarkozy however, I feel it is neccessary to point out that he isn’t the spotless politician that some believe he is.

[/quote]

Are any of them?

They are all kooks by definition. Some are just kookier than others.

Run across yet another piece warning of the threat of a Sarkozy in power. Excerpt:

“I have yet to see a Sarkozy poster in Paris ? or even just a sticker with his name on it ? that has not been defaced within a few hours of being posted. The fear and resentment here in regard to Sarkozy, especially in working-class neighborhoods, is palpable. The French left credits the record highs in voter enrollment and turnout for the presidential election of April 22 to anti-Sarko sentiment. ?If it?s Sarkozy on May 6th, it will be war?(1), a youth from the suburbs is quoted as saying”

http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=74&ItemID=12660

I’ve said it before and will say it again, if the guy gets to the Elys?e, last riots will look like a peaceful walk in the park on a quiet afternoon. Mark my words.

Yeah, anecdotical evidence is great… and a campaign by a minority of leftist extremists really makes your point valid… :slight_smile: You keep demonizing people from the right lixy, without anything other than anecdotical evidence and propaganda from leftist journalists… Try to act like something else than a zealot for once.

[quote]Adamsson wrote:
Yeah, anecdotical evidence is great… and a campaign by a minority of leftist extremists really makes your point valid… :slight_smile: You keep demonizing people from the right lixy, without anything other than anecdotical evidence and propaganda from leftist journalists… Try to act like something else than a zealot for once. [/quote]

I’m amazed at how you can read a 3900 words (yes, I counted them) piece and come up with a well-thought reply to it. Wait…scratch that last bit.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Run across yet another piece warning of the threat of a Sarkozy in power. Excerpt:

“I have yet to see a Sarkozy poster in Paris ? or even just a sticker with his name on it ? that has not been defaced within a few hours of being posted. The fear and resentment here in regard to Sarkozy, especially in working-class neighborhoods, is palpable. The French left credits the record highs in voter enrollment and turnout for the presidential election of April 22 to anti-Sarko sentiment. ?If it?s Sarkozy on May 6th, it will be war?(1), a youth from the suburbs is quoted as saying”

I’ve said it before and will say it again, if the guy gets to the Elys?e, last riots will look like a peaceful walk in the park on a quiet afternoon. Mark my words.[/quote]

So, people shouldn’t vote for Sarkozy or those who have no respect for the republican process will riot in the streets and attempt to exert their will by force - and yet Sarkozy is the one who represents the danger?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Adamsson wrote:
Yeah, anecdotical evidence is great… and a campaign by a minority of leftist extremists really makes your point valid… :slight_smile: You keep demonizing people from the right lixy, without anything other than anecdotical evidence and propaganda from leftist journalists… Try to act like something else than a zealot for once.

I’m amazed at how you can read a 3900 words (yes, I counted them) piece and come up with a well-thought reply to it. Wait…scratch that last bit.[/quote]

I’m amazed at how you can critizise a presidental candidate over two pages, without ONE SINGLE serious, credible and rational critique… You have yet to make any points of yourself, you have yet to demonstrate that you actually know ANYTHING about french politics… You have not commented his economic politics, his foreign politics (or, beside “He likes Israel, he must be the devil”… but that is mandatory, right?), you have not commented on his employment strategies… You are just spewing propaganda… one sided, single minded PROPAGANDA.

So, how about you try to write something yourself, that YOU thought up… that YOU can back up… with YOUR thoughts…? Care to do that? Or STFU beacause we are sick and tired of your black/white propaganda.

(btw, the “if you do <insert legal, democratic political action here> we’ll rage havoc” is not a valid OR legitime way of debating, I know that your dear palestinians… your friends at ungdomshuset in denmark and blitzhuset in oslo think so, but no: threats of violence is NOT a valid argument)

The “article” (or propaganda piece, as it is… written by an extreme leftist to smear a presidental candidate from the right…) lixy points to has a few nice points…

Right… did we use enough buzz-words this time? I think you forgot “facist”…

Ah… here it is, they didn’t forget “facist”, i just overlooked it…

So… propaganda, with labels like “racist”, “facist” and “labels” like: “Authoritarian, ?facho,? violent, capable of anything, out-of-control; a divider”

well… serious? No… worty of reading? Neeh…

[quote]Adamsson wrote:
Yeah, anecdotical evidence is great… and a campaign by a minority of leftist extremists really makes your point valid… :slight_smile: You keep demonizing people from the right lixy, without anything other than anecdotical evidence and propaganda from leftist journalists… Try to act like something else than a zealot for once. [/quote]

His internet connections in Afghanistan must be weak. That, or his cell leaders won’t let him access any other kind of sources.

[quote]lixy wrote:

I’ve said it before and will say it again, if the guy gets to the Elys?e, last riots will look like a peaceful walk in the park on a quiet afternoon. Mark my words.[/quote]

Yes, and how about that?

We see these “immigrants” using threats of violence and terror as a form of blackmail to “influence” a particular election?

How about that? A “war” if Sarkozy gets elected - despite the fact that he is a legitimate candidate in a fair process?

Should anyone ever wonder again about the barbarism and incapability with modernism of your “others”, Lixy?

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
lixy wrote:

I’ve said it before and will say it again, if the guy gets to the Elys?e, last riots will look like a peaceful walk in the park on a quiet afternoon. Mark my words.

So, people shouldn’t vote for Sarkozy or those who have no respect for the republican process will riot in the streets and attempt to exert their will by force - and yet Sarkozy is the one who represents the danger?[/quote]

The logic of that escapes Lixy. Remember, Muslim extremists don’t use logic and reason; they follow medieval mystical mumbo-jumbo, written by a bandit-chieftain, for goat-herders.

Damn it, you idiots!

Where did I say people shouldn’t vote for Sarkozy? They can vote for whoever the hell they want. I pointed out that given the lack of choice (Royal not having any kind of program), the inevitable will happen and Sarkozy will ultimately get into office (by a razor thin margin though). All of these are mere speculations, but we’ll see in two weeks time.

As for the “threats”, it’s not at all the way you’re trying to portray it. It’s not “Don’t vote for him or we will riot”; it’s the opinion of someone who knows what his policies are and knows the mindset of the French people. They won’t tolerate the police state he’s bound to establish. Did you even read the article? If not, do so.

Also, where did I say that I agreed with its author on every point. The quotations of Sarkozy she put were well referenced and that’s one of the reasons I linked to it. Yeah, sure, the author paints a simplistic view of reality and the piece is pretty close to propaganda, so what? It doesn’t make all the article worthless.

I’m sick you twisting my words. Next time you accuse me of something, make sure you have evidence or can quote me.

STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTHS!

[quote]lixy wrote:
Damn it, you idiots!

Where did I say people shouldn’t vote for Sarkozy? They can vote for whoever the hell they want. I pointed out that given the lack of choice (Royal not having any kind of program), the inevitable will happen and Sarkozy will ultimately get into office (by a razor thin margin though). All of these are mere speculations, but we’ll see in two weeks time.

As for the “threats”, it’s not at all the way you’re trying to portray it. It’s not “Don’t vote for him or we will riot”; it’s the opinion of someone who knows what his policies are and knows the mindset of the French people. They won’t tolerate the police state he’s bound to establish. Did you even read the article? If not, do so.

Also, where did I say that I agreed with its author on every point. The quotations of Sarkozy she put were well referenced and that’s one of the reasons I linked to it. Yeah, sure, the author paints a simplistic view of reality and the piece is pretty close to propaganda, so what? It doesn’t make all the article worthless.

I’m sick you twisting my words. Next time you accuse me of something, make sure you have evidence or can quote me.

STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTHS![/quote]

1. The aricle isn’t pretty CLOSE to propaganda… it IS propaganda, with a very clear agenda.

2. I have read it, twice now. The fact that you’re a slow reader doesen’t have much of an impact on my reading speed. I even managed to write two blog posts about international law… amazing.

3. “police state”… You are just as simplistic, populistic and propaganda fueled as the article you refer to. I have YET to see any SERIOUS and RATIONAL critique of him… where is that? Where are your factual critique?

[quote]lixy wrote:
STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTHS![/quote]

Mouths? Would that be one for each of your two faces?