French President Pushing Homework Ban

"He doesnâ??t think it is fair that some kids get help from their parents at home while children who come from disadvantaged families donâ??t. Itâ??s an issue that goes well beyond France, and has been part of the reason that some Americans oppose homework too.

Hollandeâ??s reform plans include increasing the number of teachers, moving the school week from four days to 4 1/2 days, overhauling the curriculum and taking steps to cut down on absenteeism.

â??Education is priority,â?? Hollande was quoted as saying by France24.com at Parisâ??s Sorbonne University last week. â??An education program is, by definition, a societal program. Work should be done at school, rather than at home,â?? as a way to ensure that students who have no help at home are not disadvantaged."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

Actually, homework has been banned in France since november 1956.
Theoretically at least.

In practice, french teachers never ceased to give homework to their students, regardless of this law.
And it won’t change anytime soon.

It’s nothing more than a populist, cheap talking point.

I wholeheartedly support a world-wide ban of homework. Forever. I also demand retroactive recompense since I have already finished school and had to do homework all throughout. A few million should suffice.

What’s next, we gonna give trophies out for 2nd, 3rd, and/or last place???

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
What’s next, we gonna give trophies out for 2nd, 3rd, and/or last place???[/quote]

We should probably handicap intelligent kids in some way, they damage the other kids self esteem.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
What’s next, we gonna give trophies out for 2nd, 3rd, and/or last place???[/quote]

We should probably handicap intelligent kids in some way, they damage the other kids self esteem.

[/quote]

Reverse curve?

You guys ever read Harrison Bergeron?

Here’s a short film of it

and the short story
http://www.tnellen.com/cybereng/harrison.html

'Nuff said about the yellow bellied cheese eating surrender monkies

[quote]csulli wrote:
I wholeheartedly support a world-wide ban of homework. Forever. I also demand retroactive recompense since I have already finished school and had to do homework all throughout. A few million should suffice.[/quote]

lol right.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[/quote]

Reverse curve? [/quote]

There would still be the same group of kids with the worst grades being unable to figure out the idea of a reverse curve.