Freezing Ground Beef

How long can you keep ground beef in the fridge before you need to freeze it? I bought a monster size pack of lean ground beef from Walmart. I thought I could eat it all and it wouldn’t be an issue. But just in case, I don’t want it going bad.

Mike Matarrazo used to brag about eating 5 lbs of red meat a day in the offseason. He had open heard surgery and quit bodybuilding. He was taking alot of drugs too he said. I use my Foreman grill so all the fat drains out.

Freeze whatever unused portions you have immediately. ground beef goes bad quicker than any other style of meat. 1 or 2 days tops in the fridge before it turns.

[quote]bench300 wrote:
How long can you keep ground beef in the fridge before you need to freeze it? I bought a monster size pack of lean ground beef from Walmart. I thought I could eat it all and it wouldn’t be an issue. But just in case, I don’t want it going bad.

Mike Matarrazo used to brag about eating 5 lbs of red meat a day in the offseason. He had open heard surgery and quit bodybuilding. He was taking alot of drugs too he said. I use my Foreman grill so all the fat drains out.[/quote]

I buy 10 - 20 pounds at a time depending on where the sales are and weigh it into 1 pound packages which are then frozen. I always have neat 1 pound increments of beef ready that will last a couple years. You sound like a meat lover which is great for your muscles.

Grass/range fed beef is superior in every way to grain fed commercial beef, but is also more expensive by a lot. If you can’t afford grass fed beef, which I can’t either, it’s not a bad idea to drain a lot of the fat off.

Pick up a bottle of extra virgin olive oil and some fish oils like are provided in Flameout. Those 2 oils are good for both your health and your physique goals. They will counteract a lot of the problems with the fat in grain fed beef.