Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA)

[quote]Spry wrote:
Wait a minute.

So the right to bear arms should afford you the right to fully automatic mini guns?

But the right to privacy should NOT afford a person the right to make decisions regarding their own body?

If conservatives take the line of protecting ‘rights’ (no one ever speaks of responabilities) no matter what, then Roe v Wade should stand and as I understand it FOCA codifies this case law.

This will not stop anyone from carrying a child to birth if they so desire (after an unexpected pregnacy) so why don’t conservatives take some of their own medicine and stay out of others business?[/quote]

Overwriting laws that require women to be warned of all risks associated with abortion and that abortions only be performed by licensed physicians DO NOT help us.

[quote]streamline wrote:
oneforship wrote:
streamline wrote:
Maybe you should read the full text version. Not the Pro-life edition, which you all must be members of high standing. This is a “Right for Women”, so when did you all start wearing skirts.

Oh wait, you mean men can’t have abortions? Shit I had it all wrong.

The word male/man/men is not mentioned in the act. You may influence her decision as her partner. You may not however make it for her. Her body equals her right to decide.[/quote]

Is this restricted to killing female babies? If not, what does gender have to do with anything?

Society decides if murder is acceptable, not individuals.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Spry wrote:
Wait a minute.

So the right to bear arms should afford you the right to fully automatic mini guns?

But the right to privacy should NOT afford a person the right to make decisions regarding their own body?

If conservatives take the line of protecting ‘rights’ (no one ever speaks of responabilities) no matter what, then Roe v Wade should stand and as I understand it FOCA codifies this case law.

This will not stop anyone from carrying a child to birth if they so desire (after an unexpected pregnacy) so why don’t conservatives take some of their own medicine and stay out of others business?

Because it’s another human life. [/quote]

Its your Bill of Rights.

You either afford EVERYONE ALL RIGHTS or you dont.

I was just commenting on the law.

I also stated that this law will not affect your right to make your own moral decisions.

Unless you have a vagina, you have zero right to an opinion on this topic.

Regardless if your pro-life or pro-choice, no vagina = no opinion.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Standard Donkey wrote:
more abortions = fewer liberals…in a perfect world

how can they call the conservatives heartless?

i thought obama was a christian?

But you say he’s a muslim?
[/quote]

i don’t recall saying that…personally i believe he is the anti-christ. I bet you he is.

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
Wreckless wrote:
Standard Donkey wrote:
more abortions = fewer liberals…in a perfect world

how can they call the conservatives heartless?

i thought obama was a christian?

But you say he’s a muslim?

i don’t recall saying that…personally i believe he is the anti-christ. I bet you he is. [/quote]

wow you raise a really good point…i’ve never seen such an outstanding usage of flawed reasoning.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

Regardless if your pro-life or pro-choice, no vagina = no opinion.[/quote]

Incorrect. We are talking about laws which govern society.

Such laws affect women who men such as myself care about so I get an opinion.

You can’t remove my right to an opinion anymore than I can remove your right to decide on having an abortian.

As a woman, I have to disagree with that. I respect that many people feel abortion is absolutely murder, and I can’t imagine a human being keeping silent about something that they considered to be murder.

I’m pro choice because I think the alternative is worse. I’m not a fan of trash can babies or young frightened girls getting mangled by greedy psychos with coat hangers and broken bottles.

I think the FOCA is a step backwards though. Abortion IS legal, and to take away regulations that make it safer is ridiculous. I don’t see the point, and I don’t understand who it’s supposed to benefit.

[quote]Spry wrote:
countingbeans wrote:

You can’t remove my right to an opinion anymore than I can remove your right to decide on having an abortian.
[/quote]

Opinion on the law itself? Yes.

Opinion as to what a woman can, or cannot do to her body, if she has proper medical care? No. (unless your sperm fertilized the egg of course.)

Counseling and trying to convince her to do what YOU believe is right, fine, but to take away her ability to choose, is well, communist.

[quote]Spry wrote:

Its your Bill of Rights.

I also stated that this law will not affect your right to make your own moral decisions.

[/quote]

Ok. Not sure what you meant.

[quote]MarvelGirl wrote:
I’m not a fan of trash can babies or young frightened girls getting mangled by greedy psychos with coat hangers and broken bottles.

I think the FOCA is a step backwards though.[/quote]

I realize I may have come off as supporting FOCA, but I don’t.

But like it was said above, fighting to make abortion illegal is something that can’t be supported either.

More idiocy on the forum tonight.

Spry wrote:
countingbeans wrote:

Opinion on the law itself? Yes.

Opinion as to what a woman can, or cannot do to her body, if she has proper medical care? No. (unless your sperm fertilized the egg of course.)

Counseling and trying to convince her to do what YOU believe is right, fine, but to take away her ability to choose, is well, communist.[/quote]

I’m confussed? You just agreed with me - almost.

I can also have an opinion ‘as to what a woman can, or cannot do to her body’. I just don’t get to force my will upon anyone.

If I can’t hold this opinion then you can not hold an opinion as to father’s paying child support as this is a ‘male only issue’, etc., etc.

Do you see that opinions are allowed to be held by everyone?

We just can’t force our will upon others that easily.

[quote]Spry wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah, trust me,I clicked submit like a douche bag, without really explaining what was going through my head, and being very short versed and unclear.

And to everyone, sorry about that

This act appears to me to be about the right to a safe abortion, anywhere in the USA. Since it is the right of a woman to choose, it is also her right to safe medical care. Exactly what is the problem with that.

Spry wrote:

Yeah, trust me,I clicked submit like a douche bag, without really explaining what was going through my head, and being very short versed and unclear.

And to everyone, sorry about that[/quote]

no worries

[quote]Spry wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Spry wrote:
Wait a minute.

This will not stop anyone from carrying a child to birth if they so desire (after an unexpected pregnacy) so why don’t conservatives take some of their own medicine and stay out of others business?

Because it’s another human life.

Its your Bill of Rights.

[/quote]

you just completely contradicted yourself, or you too ignorrant to see it.

The most basic of these being life,

I am a christian and a conservative, but believe the morning after pill and birth control to be good thing.

But once you have another living person in you, it deserves the same rights.

Females also have the obligation to be responsible and accountable for their actions

[quote]Spry wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Spry wrote:
Wait a minute.

Because it’s another human life.

Its your Bill of Rights.

[/quote]

Murder is illegal in our system. If you kill a pregnant woman, you get changed for double murder. If you punch a pregnent woman in the stomach and it kills the baby, it is considered murder. So already in certain circumstances, the unborn person has protections.
If you can prove to me that an unborn baby is not a human being then I won’t care about abortion. But you cannot, because the unborn person is a human. The woman’s right ends at her body, when it harms the right of her off-spring to live.

Besides, this bill extends the right to kill beyond the woman uterus. That is unacceptable in all circumstances and it must be stopped. Omaba was not elected with a 100% majority, he must respect the rights and opinions with millions who disagree especially on such a fundamental issue.