Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA)

And THIS, is the main reason I detest that piece of shit Obama:

FOCA Would Wipe Away Every Restriction on Abortion Nationwide
This would eradicate state and federal laws that the majority of Americans support, such as:

-Bans on Partial Birth Abortion
-Requirements that women be given information about the risks of getting an abortion
-Only licensed physicians can perform abortions
-Parents must be informed and give consent to their minor daughter’s abortion
-FOCA would erase these laws and prevent states from enacting similar protective measures in the future

“With a single stroke of the pen, the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) would establish the right to abortion as a fundamental right (like the right to free speech) and wipe away every restriction on abortion nationwide.”

"The first thing I?d do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. - Barrack Obama

What an asshole.

Here is the on-line petition.

Signed it,

And yes he and his racist wife should be criminals for enacting something like this.

This alone in my mind would be grounds for impeachment.

Signed.

[quote]tedro wrote:
Signed.[/quote]

+1

+1

Maybe you should read the full text version. Not the Pro-life edition, which you all must be members of high standing. This is a “Right for Women”, so when did you all start wearing skirts.

[quote]streamline wrote:
Maybe you should read the full text version. Not the Pro-life edition, which you all must be members of high standing. This is a “Right for Women”, so when did you all start wearing skirts.[/quote]

Oh wait, you mean men can’t have abortions? Shit I had it all wrong.

Signed.

[quote]oneforship wrote:
streamline wrote:
Maybe you should read the full text version. Not the Pro-life edition, which you all must be members of high standing. This is a “Right for Women”, so when did you all start wearing skirts.

Oh wait, you mean men can’t have abortions? Shit I had it all wrong.[/quote]

The word male/man/men is not mentioned in the act. You may influence her decision as her partner. You may not however make it for her. Her body equals her right to decide.

She decided to have sex.

This Bill goes much too far and should not be passed. But one thing it does not to is completely eradicate bans on partial birth abortion. Rather, it only does this when necessary for the life and health of the women.

This is a good thing. And the Supreme Court never should’ve allowed otherwise in Gonzales v. Carhart.

Incidently, neither FOCA nor the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act are valid exercises of Federal power under the commerce clause.

Yep, now the right is going to feel goatfucked for a while. Ah, government.

more abortions = fewer liberals…in a perfect world

how can they call the conservatives heartless?

i thought obama was a christian?

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
more abortions = fewer liberals…in a perfect world

how can they call the conservatives heartless?

i thought obama was a christian?
[/quote]

But you say he’s a muslim?

The abortion issue has played a big role in getting Obama into the white house.

FOCA makes my soooooooo angry and disgusted.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Incidently, neither FOCA nor the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act are valid exercises of Federal power under the commerce clause.[/quote]

I agree. Both are well beyond the powers given by the Commerce Clause. FOCA more so than the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act.

Wait a minute.

So the right to bear arms should afford you the right to fully automatic mini guns?

But the right to privacy should NOT afford a person the right to make decisions regarding their own body?

If conservatives take the line of protecting ‘rights’ (no one ever speaks of responabilities) no matter what, then Roe v Wade should stand and as I understand it FOCA codifies this case law.

This will not stop anyone from carrying a child to birth if they so desire (after an unexpected pregnacy) so why don’t conservatives take some of their own medicine and stay out of others business?

[quote]Spry wrote:
Wait a minute.

So the right to bear arms should afford you the right to fully automatic mini guns?

But the right to privacy should NOT afford a person the right to make decisions regarding their own body?

If conservatives take the line of protecting ‘rights’ (no one ever speaks of responabilities) no matter what, then Roe v Wade should stand and as I understand it FOCA codifies this case law.

This will not stop anyone from carrying a child to birth if they so desire (after an unexpected pregnacy) so why don’t conservatives take some of their own medicine and stay out of others business?[/quote]

Because it’s another human life.