Free the Jenna 6 Shirt Banned

[quote]lixy wrote:
School Bans “Free The Jena 6” Shirts.

School officials in Jena Louisiana have banned students from wearing t-shirts that read “Free the Jena 6.” The school superintendent said the t-shirts are a threat to the order of the campus.

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/31/1435243

Sad.[/quote]

white people in the south are stupid, it’s not the black fault it’s all thier falut i say free the jena 6 and let the balcks rule!!

white peole in jena are a bunch of lame-o’s just like white people in the south to blame thier problems on the balcksm they are a bunch of stupid ugly worthless dead beats who have nothing better to do than blame black people for something.

There is controversy over the use/disbursement of money raised for the Jenna 6 defense fund.

EXCERPT:

[i]Parents of the “Jena 6” teens have refused to publicly account for how they are spending a large portion of the cash, estimated at up to $250,000, that resides in a bank account they control.

Michael Baisden, a nationally syndicated black radio host who is leading a major fundraising drive on behalf of the Jena 6, has declined to reveal how much he has collected. Attorneys for the first defendant to go to trial, Mychal Bell, say they have yet to receive any money from him.

Meanwhile, photos and videos are circulating across the Internet that raise questions about how the donated money is being spent. One photo shows Robert Bailey, one of the Jena 6 defendants, smiling and posing with $100 bills stuffed in his mouth. Another shows defendants Carwin Jones and Bryant Purvis modeling like rap stars at the Black Entertainment Television Hip-Hop music awards last month in Atlanta.[/i]

More here: Michelle Malkin Archive - The Unz Review

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
There is controversy over the use/disbursement of money raised for the Jenna 6 defense fund.

EXCERPT:

[i]Parents of the “Jena 6” teens have refused to publicly account for how they are spending a large portion of the cash, estimated at up to $250,000, that resides in a bank account they control.

Michael Baisden, a nationally syndicated black radio host who is leading a major fundraising drive on behalf of the Jena 6, has declined to reveal how much he has collected. Attorneys for the first defendant to go to trial, Mychal Bell, say they have yet to receive any money from him.

Meanwhile, photos and videos are circulating across the Internet that raise questions about how the donated money is being spent. One photo shows Robert Bailey, one of the Jena 6 defendants, smiling and posing with $100 bills stuffed in his mouth. Another shows defendants Carwin Jones and Bryant Purvis modeling like rap stars at the Black Entertainment Television Hip-Hop music awards last month in Atlanta.[/i]

More here: Michelle Malkin Archive - The Unz Review [/quote]

So let me get this strait. 6 thugs severly beat two people who might have offended them. So then a bunch of other people rally and reward these six assholes with a bunch of mula for commiting battery. Now we are surprised they are misusing the money? Sounds like some folks got duped. Good they deserved it.
I hope those cock sucker buy plasma tvs, shoes, and what the fuck ever else, incredibly selfish people do. I hope their lawyers never see a dime.

[quote]lixy wrote:

What’s Islam gotta do with this? This analogy is just ridiculous.

What you probably mean to say is that the school would ban your “Fry the Jena 6” shirt.[/quote]

Wait, wait, wait. You are actually complaining about somebody bringing up something that is slightly off topic? (And that is debatable.)

Talk about hypocrisy.

The latest Atlantic has a very interesting article on the facts behind the whole Jena 6 situation:

The latest Atlantic has a very interesting article on the facts behind the whole Jena 6 situation:

The Truth About Jena - The Atlantic [/quote]

It would be a good article if not for all the football content.

Seriously, what the hell does football have to do with anything?

Yes, he was good at football, blah, blah, blah. That has nothing to do whatsoever with his criminal behaviour except that criminal behaviour is often tolerated and forgiven if the perpetrator is “good at sports”.

They seem to be using his football record to paint him as “not such a bad guy” when really it just points out that he was likely a spoiled jock who felt he could do whatever he pleased.

ElbowStrike

[quote]
BostonBarrister wrote:

ElbowStrike wrote:
It would be a good article if not for all the football content.

Seriously, what the hell does football have to do with anything?

Yes, he was good at football, blah, blah, blah. That has nothing to do whatsoever with his criminal behaviour except that criminal behaviour is often tolerated and forgiven if the perpetrator is “good at sports”.

They seem to be using his football record to paint him as “not such a bad guy” when really it just points out that he was likely a spoiled jock who felt he could do whatever he pleased.

ElbowStrike[/quote]

I think it was an attempt to “balance” the narrative by showing that the powers that be in the town were willing to use the kid for his football skills and look the other way instead of intervening early and giving him consequences for his initial, smaller misdeeds.

Well in that case it was a useful tool for expressing the author’s message.

My mistake.

I think it was an attempt to “balance” the narrative by showing that the powers that be in the town were willing to use the kid for his football skills and look the other way instead of intervening early and giving him consequences for his initial, smaller misdeeds.[/quote]

While this is a different discussion I think sports are poisoning many aspects of our society. We have to stop taking them so seriously.

[quote]
BostonBarrister wrote:

I think it was an attempt to “balance” the narrative by showing that the powers that be in the town were willing to use the kid for his football skills and look the other way instead of intervening early and giving him consequences for his initial, smaller misdeeds.

Zap Branigan wrote:
While this is a different discussion I think sports are poisoning many aspects of our society. We have to stop taking them so seriously.[/quote]

I agree - particularly at the lower levels where all these kids with big dreams of going pro slack off on their educations - and 99% don’t go pro…

Of course, all Congress’ attention on steroids in pro sports is a crock too - not like there aren’t a few other priorities on which they could focus.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
While this is a different discussion I think sports are poisoning many aspects of our society. We have to stop taking them so seriously.[/quote]

Agreed. Opium des Volkes that thing has become.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.