Free Speech Is a Priviledge, Not a Right...

At least that’s what NY pols think.

… four Democrat NY State Senators write:

[i]

Proponents of a more refined First Amendment argue that this freedom should be treated not as a right but as a privilege â?? a special entitlement granted by the state on a conditional basis that can be revoked if it is ever abused or maltreated.

[/i]

Full story:

http://www.dailytech.com/New+York+Democrats+Argue+Free+Speech+is+a+Privilege+That+Can+be+Revoked/article22929.htm

Question at end of article:
“Is Sen. Klein (D) right – “Our laws are not keeping pace with technology?” Is free speech no longer a feasible right in the digital era?”

T-Nation thoughts?

Already?

Nothing but contempt for those senators. I can’t begin to describe my disgust

What is that bit about protecting your self from enemies both foreign and domestic. Oh that was the second amendment.

We have this publication near me called our town. had some interesting stats to think about. If you only go by the number of registered hunters, not even homes with registered guns. But hunters because they generally have some clue how to hit a target. But if you take, wisconsin (600K), penn (750), michigan (700K), and west virginia (250K) into account alone you have the largest army/militia in the world.

Ideas cannot be stopped from flowing.

Just disgusting power grabbers.

Whoa! A consensus in PWI. Never thought I’d see the day.

It seems like the most fucked up politicians in the U.S. come out of either NY or CA.

Not surprising. The have laws in NY that puts blame on an individual when the police make errors of judgement in pursuit-even when the suspect does not know they are being pursued.