Free Coach

Who wants to coach me for free? My will power licks balls, my wife is hot and likes me how i am.

Personally i’m sick of being 20% bf and need to be held accountable to someone.

And i’m kinda broke, so i want charity :slight_smile:

How will a coach help your will power??

Are you actually being serious or is this just a poor attempt at a joke thread?

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:
Are you actually being serious or is this just a poor attempt at a joke thread?[/quote]

A bit of both…

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:
Are you actually being serious or is this just a poor attempt at a joke thread?[/quote]

A bit of both…[/quote]

Then I’ll be blunt with you. I have been over 20% with a 43 inch waist and have gotten as lean as i am in my profile pic it took me over a year to lose the chub and then another year to bulk up to this size. So i do know where your coming from.

Having said that you have been here for 3 years and made countless threads asking for advice on different methods of losing weight. The truth is you already know everything you need to make it happen. There is no universally right or wrong way to do anything.

You have been spinning your wheels for 3 years maybe it’s time to accept that bodybuilding just isn’t for you. Bodybuilding isn’t for everyone not everyone can succeed at this. If you really love to train but really don’t have the will power to diet down have you considered training for power lifting or strongman? Both are respectable sports that don’t require you to be lean or diet down.

Or you could just find a completely new hobby if you only started lifting with weight loss in mind. If you haven’t been able to get it together after 3 years there isn’t really much else that can be said or done for you.

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

A bit of both…[/quote]

Then I’ll be blunt with you. I have been over 20% with a 43 inch waist and have gotten as lean as i am in my profile pic it took me over a year to lose the chub and then another year to bulk up to this size. So i do know where your coming from.

Having said that you have been here for 3 years and made countless threads asking for advice on different methods of losing weight. The truth is you already know everything you need to make it happen. There is no universally right or wrong way to do anything.

You have been spinning your wheels for 3 years maybe it’s time to accept that bodybuilding just isn’t for you. Bodybuilding isn’t for everyone not everyone can succeed at this. If you really love to train but really don’t have the will power to diet down have you considered training for power lifting or strongman? Both are respectable sports that don’t require you to be lean or diet down.

Or you could just find a completely new hobby if you only started lifting with weight loss in mind. If you haven’t been able to get it together after 3 years there isn’t really much else that can be said or done for you.
[/quote]

I like your bluntness, i actually only really started training to lose weight around 18 months ago, before that i just liked lifting. I’ve been in and out of a gym for the last 10 years, but only consistently for the last 2, when i say consistently i mean for 6 months + at one time.

It seems you have been exactly where i am, i struggled with my weight since i was around 11, i suddenly gained a lot of weight then i struggled ever since. I peaked when i was 19 at around 265, i was relatively strong from a very young age as well.

I would like to get into strongman/power lifting but here in Egypt its almost impossible to find a place to participate.

As for for getting lean, i’m not interested in becoming 6% bf i just want lower my risk of disease etc as i get older. Slightly visible abs and no love handles and i’d be quite happy.

I’d change your profile pic to one that shows you in your chubby glory so every time you make a post you will be reminded that you should get off the computer and do some activity.

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

A bit of both…[/quote]

[/quote]

I like your bluntness, i actually only really started training to lose weight around 18 months ago, before that i just liked lifting. I’ve been in and out of a gym for the last 10 years, but only consistently for the last 2, when i say consistently i mean for 6 months + at one time.

It seems you have been exactly where i am, i struggled with my weight since i was around 11, i suddenly gained a lot of weight then i struggled ever since. I peaked when i was 19 at around 265, i was relatively strong from a very young age as well.

I would like to get into strongman/power lifting but here in Egypt its almost impossible to find a place to participate.

As for for getting lean, i’m not interested in becoming 6% bf i just want lower my risk of disease etc as i get older. Slightly visible abs and no love handles and i’d be quite happy.

[/quote]

18 months is plenty of time to get into the kind of condition you described so what has stopped you? I don’t know your living or financial situation but maybe something else in your life is keeping you from achieving your fitness related goals and you need to fix those things before you can achieve your fitness related goals.

I know for me at least there was things unrelated to fitness that were keeping me from reaching my fitness related goals and i needed to fix those things first. Sometimes you need to fix certain things in your life before you can realize success in other areas of life including fitness. For me it was after making those changes that everything else started to fall into place.

Ill coach you.

Welcome to the “cage”.

tweet

[quote]theuofh wrote:
I’d change your profile pic to one that shows you in your chubby glory so every time you make a post you will be reminded that you should get off the computer and do some activity. [/quote]

As silly as it may sound…

Thisx1000

age ?
Weight ?
height ?

front and back pics?

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

A bit of both…[/quote]

[/quote]

Good post and great results Matthaeus.

Marzouk, the pain of change needs to be great, massive even.

What are you willing to do to change?

1. No posts here or any other forum (except a training log) - till you achieve your goal.
  2. Donate $XXXX to charity if you don’t reach your goal by the nominated date.
  3. ??? (what needs to happen for you to change, what are you willing/unwilling to do?)

Also, “free coach”? You want to be successful but don’t want to pay for it? Dude, that makes me want to say you’re not cut for this.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

A bit of both…[/quote]

[/quote]

1. No posts here or any other forum (except a training log) - till you achieve your goal.
  3. ??? (what needs to happen for you to change, what are you willing/unwilling to do?)

Also, “free coach”? You want to be successful but don’t want to pay for it? Dude, that makes me want to say you’re not cut for this.[/quote]

How about we make some bets for motivation? I will bet that by May 6th 2012, I can gain more weight than you can lose straight up.

I am personally willing to wager that if you beat me, I will cut my hair into a mohawk, but not just any mohawk, a mohawk the color of T-Nation’s choosing (purple, green, blue, whatever).

What will you wager?

If the OP accepts, who will be my coach haha?

-Zep

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

A bit of both…[/quote]

[/quote]

Also, “free coach”? You want to be successful but don’t want to pay for it? Dude, that makes me want to say you’re not cut for this.[/quote]

Wanting to and having the ability to are a bit different but i see where you are coming from.

I kinda the points about what i can to do to make myself change, this isn’t a self help thread its more of an attempt to get some direction.

[quote]Zeppelin0731 wrote:

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

A bit of both…[/quote]

[/quote]

How about we make some bets for motivation? I will bet that by May 6th 2012, I can gain more weight than you can lose straight up.

I am personally willing to wager that if you beat me, I will cut my hair into a mohawk, but not just any mohawk, a mohawk the color of T-Nation’s choosing (purple, green, blue, whatever).

What will you wager?

If the OP accepts, who will be my coach haha?

-Zep[/quote]

Hmm Zep vs Marzouk… the challenge. I have no doubt in my mind you could gain more weight than i could lose, some chips and a few gallons of water over a day or 2 and presto u would of gained 10lbs over night.

May 6th isn’t a bad idea, i have my best friends wedding may 26th so i wana be well on my way for then.

I’m already bald so anything hair wise is out of the picture.

Post your weight, and we’ll see how we go, like i said earlier. Me winning this bet is almost impossible.

FWIW when i said free coach, i wasn’t talking about a dedicated prep coach who i’d be in constant contact with, maybe just a few guys on here who could give me consistent critique and guidance over a set period of time, even if its one post every week or 2.

Kinda like a training log with a bit more structure, weekely pictures etc and some knowledgeable posters helping out. Similar to Wimp to Pimp over at Elitefts that shelby was involved but obviously not that in depth.

As matthaeus said earlier i’ve failed several times now and kinda spinning my wheels, having knowledge isn’t enough, if it was i guess the pro’s wouldn’t hire prep coaches.

I’m pretty embarrassed even making this thread, time to eat some humble pie i guess.

Thanks Guys.

Wow, Dave Tate’s latest article came at the right, especially his last part about everyone needing a coach for the part of their life that suck at.

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Wow, Dave Tate’s latest article came at the right, especially his last part about everyone needing a coach for the part of their life that suck at. [/quote]

Apparently you missed this part:

[quote]
A good coach can help you eat better and see food as a tool instead of an indulgence, but they won’t cook for you, or shop for you, or wash your dirty Tupperware. You still need to do the work and most importantly, follow the plan. The best diet in the world is useless if not followed, just as how a strength training program is worthless if you skip more workouts than you hit.[/quote]

I wouldn’t coach an unmotivated slug for all the cheap whores in Thailand.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Wow, Dave Tate’s latest article came at the right, especially his last part about everyone needing a coach for the part of their life that suck at. [/quote]

[quote]
A good coach can help you eat better and see food as a tool instead of an indulgence, but they won’t cook for you, or shop for you, or wash your dirty Tupperware. You still need to do the work and most importantly, follow the plan. The best diet in the world is useless if not followed, just as how a strength training program is worthless if you skip more workouts than you hit.[/quote]

I wouldn’t coach an unmotivated slug for all the cheap whores in Thailand.[/quote]

ouch, words hurt you know

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]

I wouldn’t coach an unmotivated slug for all the cheap whores in Thailand.[/quote]

No i read that part, and understood, if i had a plan to follow i could do it and like i said someone or some people to answer to.

Checked your hub, quite impressive physique, i would appreciate it if you could change you mind and maybe i could prove for once and for all that i CAN do this…