Fred Phelps and WBC Coming to a Town Near You

So it seems that Fred Feltch and the well adjusted people of the Westboro Baptist Church will be in my town this afternoon protesting the death of local kid who died in A-Stan recently.

This seems to have pissed off a good number of the people of my town who intend to protest the protestors. Should be interesting. I’ll be sure to update the thread with any local news coverage.

Until then, here is Michael Moore, for once in his life, doing something worth while. The lulz start about 2:45 into the video.

*edited for spelling

sodomy laws don’t just outlaw gay sex. The laws are ridiculous.

Here is the schedule of events for the WBC.

After my town they are off to Dallas to protest at a Holocaust museum. Apparently, they hate Jews too.

Truly saddening . . .

Since no one has a memory anymore, guess who LOVED Al Gore back in the day and got his political career off the ground?

Well, according to this blog, the city has a sign ordinance so the WBC will be spreading their good word from a block away in relation to the memorial services.

http://owassoisms.blogspot.com/2010/06/mondays-memorial-activity-plans.html

The worst thing that anyone could do to WBC would be to ignore them. They thrive on (what they percieve as) persecution. Attracting opposition is exactly what they want.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
The worst thing that anyone could do to WBC would be to ignore them. They thrive on (what they percieve as) persecution. Attracting opposition is exactly what they want.[/quote]

Or…take a bat to them?

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

The worst thing that anyone could do to WBC would be to ignore them. They thrive on (what they percieve as) persecution. Attracting opposition is exactly what they want.[/quote]

Or…take a bat to them?
[/quote]

Nope. That is how they stay funded. They instigate until someone does damage, then sue the city, property owners, and anybody that had anything to do with their event for negligence in securing their right to lawful protest, among other things.

They rely on people getting angry and hitting them. That is how they win.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

Or…take a bat to them?
[/quote]

Nope. That is how they stay funded. They instigate until someone does damage, then sue the city, property owners, and anybody that had anything to do with their event for negligence in securing their right to lawful protest, among other things.

They rely on people getting angry and hitting them. That is how they win.

[/quote]

sarcasm ftw.

There is a guy who calls himself moses and comes to my campus doing the exact same thing. I am currently going to hell for 1) being Catholic, 2) being in a fraternity (Sigma Chi, In Hoc to any Sigs on T Nation) and 3) for having ever done anything sexual of any nature.

He has successfully sued other schools, but no one at Arkansas has fallen for his bullshit trap.

someone should slit Fred’s fucking throat, then maybe skull-fuck him or something

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
someone should slit Fred’s fucking throat, then maybe skull-fuck him or something[/quote]

I nominate DBCooper!!!

Here is a local news report of the event. My wife attended and was impressed by the turn out.

I’m not one for all the flag waving and over the top nationalism, but it was nice to see the community show support for the Soldier’s family.

And I was quite disappointed in Westboro Baptist. There were not that many that showed up. They didn’t provide their usual amount of lulz, which is about all they are good for.

http://cfc.ktul.com/videoondemand.cfm?id=68446

^ thanks for that link - great to see that many people turn out to honor our best!

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
someone should slit Fred’s fucking throat, then maybe skull-fuck him or something[/quote]

I nominate DBCooper!!![/quote]

I proudly accept your nomination and am happy to announce that I am on my way to do the deed right now. I’m not sure what I’ll use to slit that fucker’s fucking throat, but I’m bringing a butterknife, a wooden spoon, a mechanical pencil and a tupperware lid. The cut won’t be clean, but any of these utensils should work well enough.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

I nominate DBCooper!!![/quote]

I proudly accept your nomination and am happy to announce that I am on my way to do the deed right now. I’m not sure what I’ll use to slit that fucker’s fucking throat, but I’m bringing a butterknife, a wooden spoon, a mechanical pencil and a tupperware lid. The cut won’t be clean, but any of these utensils should work well enough.[/quote]

don’t agree with silencing anyone’s freedom of speech - but damn I like the way you think!

These guys pulled their shit at a funeral when I was in college. Here’s their achilles heel: They do everything by the book. They get permits to demonstrate on the sidewalk. About half my college class dressed up, got umbrellas and formed a human wall by standing in the street shoulder to shoulder in the street between the assholes and the church with our backs facing them and not saying a word. Felt real good.

They pissed and moaned to the police that we were an unlawful protest but you can bet the cops were on our side and didn’t do shit. We could have just claimed to be attending the funeral.

I suggest you try the same.

Don’t even acknowledge their presence. They fund their operation on lawsuits against hot-heads.