T Nation

Fraternities (and Sororities)

What are you experiences?

I just pledged tonight - curious what others thought of their time with their “brothers and sisters.”

Never did it. The whole idea just sounds retarded to me.

Then again, I never was into group type of stuff in HS and such.

Your in for a wild ride my friend.

Did you have to wear shells around your neck for a week to get in?

[quote]Artem wrote:
Did you have to wear shells around your neck for a week to get in?[/quote]

No hazing :slight_smile:

All the members are technically “founding fathers”, so we can’t haze ourselves

Greek life varies so much depending on where you go to school… but I think most people have fun!

How much are dues for frats? I’m just curious asI kind of want to join one O_O

Rent a friend, join a frat. At my school, they were where you went when you couldn’t make real friends. Sorories were a differen’t matter.

I’m sure some are a blast, they just were frowned on at my school.

I’m not a joiner, either.

[quote]calibreeze wrote:
How much are dues for frats? I’m just curious asI kind of want to join one O_O[/quote]

Mine are 50$/month for our chapter stuff, then some larger upfront fees when you join. But every chapter/frat is different - There are some for rich kids that charges $1000/month

And do you still have to pay for like, room and board at your school? Or do you just live at the frat house and pay for that?

Frat boys are hated here in my school. At least that what the bathroom walls tell me…

Anyway, I wouldn’t mind throat fucking some fat sorority sluts every weekend. The bathroom walls tell me that too…

[quote]calibreeze wrote:
And do you still have to pay for like, room and board at your school? Or do you just live at the frat house and pay for that?[/quote]

uhh, I don’t live in the Frat house. If you do want to live in it, then its 400-600$ month depending

[quote]shookers wrote:
calibreeze wrote:
And do you still have to pay for like, room and board at your school? Or do you just live at the frat house and pay for that?

uhh, I don’t live in the Frat house. If you do want to live in it, then its 400-600$ month depending[/quote]

Would it not be cheaper to actually live in the frat house? R&B at most schools is hella expensive

Where im at its a great experience. We raise as shit ton of money for local charities, are all social outside of the house for the most part, and by and large we all like each other very much.

I can see frat life being shit, because we have shitty frats on our campus, but if you get into a good house it can enrich your college experience greatly.

dude, join a rugby club. At my college i pay 40 bucks a season, and that covers everything. uniform, travel, other rugby supplies(alcohol). Pluss all the traditions like zulus, landsharks, songs, drinking practices, its a fucking BLAST. Plus yoll drink 40 bucks worth of beer alone in the first few weeks. So fuck the frat and learn to scrum down!

All sororities do is fight.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Frat boys are hated here in my school. At least that what the bathroom walls tell me…

Anyway, I wouldn’t mind throat fucking some fat sorority sluts every weekend. The bathroom walls tell me that too…[/quote]

What ever happened to the nice, easy-going bathroom walls that said the world needs more lerts?

Cornell is dominated by Greek life. I fucking hate it.

The frtas are 90% douche. They have plenty of perfectly nice guys, but the whole concept is douchey.

They’d say “Clean up our mess!” I’d say “Fuck off you Thailand boy fucking cock sucker!”

I didn’t think that’d work out to well, so I decided to stay non-Greek.

:smiley:

[quote]calibreeze wrote:
shookers wrote:
calibreeze wrote:

uhh, I don’t live in the Frat house. If you do want to live in it, then its 400-600$ month depending

Would it not be cheaper to actually live in the frat house? R&B at most schools is hella expensive[/quote]

[quote]calibreeze wrote:
calibreeze wrote:
shookers wrote:
calibreeze wrote:

Would it not be cheaper to actually live in the frat house? R&B at most schools is hella expensive

[/quote]

Uh, again, reallly depends where you go to school and what your frat house is like. I live in an apartment 5 minutes away from campus and pay 437$ (CAD)/month.

I also can’t imagine ever getting anything done (school wise) living in a frat house.