T Nation

Frantz Squat Suit

I have been searching for a web site to order a Frantz canvas squat suit with no luck. does anyone know of the site i can order one?

http://worldpowerliftingcongress.com/supplements.htm

Anyone have any opinions on the Frantz double poly suit?

I have a frantz double poly squat suit, at first I hated it but after working with it. I really liked it and my first meet went great. At first it was really hard to get on.

if your going ot go with a canvas go with the inzer hybrid “levithan”…it is the best suit in the world…go to brent mikesells site to order a hybrid…rb

BM: Don’t forget Ginny Phillips suits. Ask Paul Childress about the bench shirt she made for him.

doesnt the leviathan only come in one layer?

[quote]TTewell342 wrote:
doesnt the leviathan only come in one layer?[/quote]

No the Leviathan is double canvas/double poly. I’m ordering one this week. Merry Xmas to me…

What federations is the leviathon legal in? I thought APF just revised their rules saying 3 ply was the max. I could very well be mistaken though.

[quote]aaronm wrote:
What federations is the leviathon legal in? I thought APF just revised their rules saying 3 ply was the max. I could very well be mistaken though.[/quote]

Apf,Ipa, are the only feds you can use canvas in anyway…the “levithan” is a 2ply suit…it just has poly in-seams a long the side of the leg to give more pop out of the bottom…its a a little diffirent design than the frantz or ginny phillips canvas as it dosent have to be worn super tight…the leg holes are actually made to be loose becuase with the addition of the poly in-seams there is some massive pop from the bottom…i have one and my previous best squat in another suit was 735 in the hybrid i did 735 for a easy 2 reps…the suit is magical…rb

wait! you can use canvas in WPO. Because it was at the WPO worlds that Paul Childress broke the squat record in a canvas

[quote]TTewell342 wrote:
wait! you can use canvas in WPO. Because it was at the WPO worlds that Paul Childress broke the squat record in a canvas[/quote]

the wpo is the apf…its the professional version of the apf…to qualify for the wpo you have ot win the apf senior nationals to become a pro and compete in the wpo…rb

What is the current squat record?

1,124 at least it is in APF. i have heard of larger squats but havent seen them in the records.

[quote]nhiron wrote:
I have a frantz double poly squat suit, at first I hated it but after working with it. I really liked it and my first meet went great. At first it was really hard to get on.[/quote]

haha yea, they’re tight

I was training at frantz, and i think it was like the first time i was training there and this one dude, Tim, had his squat suit on and his legs were purple. he goes up to Ernie and is like “Hey ernie, i think the suit is too tight”

Ernie says “It’s not too tight”

Tim says “Yea but i can’t feel where my muscles are”

ernie says “The suits not even digging into you, its not too tight”

[quote]aaronm wrote:
What is the current squat record?[/quote]

Brent Mikesell with 1147. I think it was in the IPA. You can find vid of it on irongame.

One more question for BM or anyone that can answer it. I’ve looked everywhere including WPC rule book (which is not very clear) and have had no luck.

I know the APF allows 2 ply squat suit, but does it also allow a 1 ply brief (powerpants) under a two ply suit?

Thanks in advance. I’m looking to do a meet in March and wanted to make sure I was clear on what gear is legal and what is not.

In the apf you can use 2 ply breifs and a 2 ply suit…the wpc i think (wich you wont compete in unless you are in canada or over seas) only allows a single ply breif…but the apf allows double on double…here is a fed run down…

usapl - all single ply gear, no squat breifs, no open back poly or denim bench shirts, only single ply poly closed back shirts,…

APF,WPO,IPA- double ply gear, can use 2 ply squat suits, breifs, and deadlift suit +2 ply breif combo, all 2ply bench shirts and open back shirts are allowed…

Thanks BM. I always appreciate the knowledge you lend to the board along with the knowledge of the other experienced powerlifters out there who contribute. Although many people dislike the net for the fueding and bashing it can create, it has served as a priceless asset for the beginning powerlifter, such as myself.

Are you using 2 ply briefs under your hybrid suit? I’d imagine that must give a TON of support and rebound when squatting.

Some of you guys knew this was coming, so here goes anyways:

Power Briefs, isn’t that what they make you wear for incontinence, #1 or #2?

Haha.

[quote]aaronm wrote:
Thanks BM. I always appreciate the knowledge you lend to the board along with the knowledge of the other experienced powerlifters out there who contribute. Although many people dislike the net for the fueding and bashing it can create, it has served as a priceless asset for the beginning powerlifter, such as myself.

Are you using 2 ply briefs under your hybrid suit? I’d imagine that must give a TON of support and rebound when squatting. [/quote]

Yes right now i wear inzer 2ply hardcore power pants (that come up over my belly button) under my hybrid, there the best thin material breif i have found…I also have the 2ply metal pro breifs but there so thick that it makes it very hard for me to get to parrellel…when i get a little stronger i will add in the metal breifs as there a better breif but there very hard to control due to the thickness under my hybrid…for deadlifting i wear the metal pro breifs and the metal v-type single ply squat suit and its a great combo for a medium stance to sumo stance puller…rb