Frank's Raw Squat Milestone

Finally reached 4 plates after working on it for quite some time now. 40 pound increase in the last 8 weeks doing Bill Starr 5 x 5

here are my last 2 attempts.

in September

Last May

dude sick video not only is it a sick lift but a hilarious seizure hops and celebration. Congrats man keep up the good work

if i saw somebody as skinny as you ass to ground RAW olympic squat 4 plates, i would shit my pants. good work.

steroids!!!

just playin, nice.

He’s back, nice PR. Hopefully this summer I’ll reach this milestone. BTW how much do you weigh now?

Nice work Frank.

I love watching your warm-up and celebration.

well done

That was pretty great.

Nice job, I remember your intensity from your old vertical videos.

Great job!

good job!

Your a psychopath! haha good job man.

thanks guys! Yeah i weigh close to 170 now, but my strength to weight ratio went up. I’m maxing out on the deadlift soon, going for 485. My goal now is a 500 deadlift, making it a fair 300 bench, 400 squat and 500 deadlift.

Hey Frank, I’ve just asked it in the youtube, but let me ask it here too. Which 5x5 template are you following, the original Bill Starr’s one, or one of Madcow’s variations (¿intermediate or advanced?). Keep getting stronger and faster baby!! You really are an inspiration!! Thank you!! xDD

I used the madcow variation, the advanced version.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
if i saw somebody as skinny as you ass to ground RAW olympic squat 4 plates, i would shit my pants. good work.[/quote]

No offense to op but you could no see the depth-looked to be around parallel slightly above. Anyways great milstone thats huge squat at your bodyweight, more asians should weightlift as I feel that is one of the minorities of lifters from what I’ve seen.

That was awesome!
I’m going to switch to a 5x5 program in a couple of weeks.

Can you link me this madcow version?

[quote]shizen wrote:
Anyways great milstone thats huge squat at your bodyweight, more asians should weightlift as I feel that is one of the minorities of lifters from what I’ve seen. [/quote]

Watch the Olympics this year, China will probably take home more medals than anyone in weightlifting- not just in the lighter weight classes either.

They sweeped Chiang Mai last year and the second team after them - Bulgaria - had only 4 medals. They will surely be motivated to perform at inhuman level at Beijing.

Back on the topic - Frank, you benching 300? I have a little lighter squat and deadlift than you at a little lighter weight, but the bench ain’t comin’ nowhere around where I want it to be.

Thank you very much Frank!! If I follow madcow’s 5x5 again, I think I’ll still use the intermediate version though, cause I’m not as advanced as you are yet. Right now I’m lifting 225 in the bench press, 315 in the squat, and 405 in the deadlift. Besides, next week I’m starting one of the templates from kelly baggett’s vertical jump bible, the intermediate “full balanced” program.

It’s my first time running a plyometric focused program, so I expect good gains in my vertical jump and general explosiveness and reactivity, which are not very good right now xD. After that, and inspired by your success, I’ll possibly give another run to madcow’s 5x5. Thank you again Frank!!