T Nation

Franklin Coverup Scandal

Man, those Republicans knew how to party. This is the kind of stuff you just wish people would quit bringing up. These guys made Satan look like Shirley Temple.

Rest assured they’re all back on God’s side now ; )

The Child sex ring that reached Bush/Reagan Whitehouse

This was the biggest scandal in the history of the U.S.A history. The story received some newspaper coverage but there was a TV News Media blackout on the subject. For this reason, most Americans have never heard of it.

Former republican Senator John Decamp was involved in the production a documentary called “Conspiracy of Silence” it was to air May 3, 1994 on the Discovery Channel. This documentary exposed a network of religious leaders and Washington politicians who flew children to Washington D.C. for sex orgies. At the last minute before airing, unknown congressmen threatened the TV Cable industry with restrictive legislation if this documentary was aired.

Almost immediately, the rights to the documentary were purchased by unknown persons who had ordered all copies destroyed. A copy of this videotape was furnished anonymously to former Nebraska state senator and attorney John De Camp who made it available to retired F.B.I. chief, Ted L. Gunderson. While the video quality is not top grade, this tape is a blockbuster in what is revealed by the participants involved.

http://www.thelawparty.org/FranklinCoverup/franklin.htm

http://www.newsmakingnews.com/sexandcapitol7,18,01.htm#article4

I remember reading a little about this a few years ago. I certainly wouldn’t be too surprised. It believe it could partly be a manifestation that comes from those drunk on power and who believe thet are above the law. Coupled with a mixture of sexual perversion of course.

I’m not surprised because there are perverts and hypocrites in all walks of life. And then you gotta wonder if there are disproportionately more politicians (weasels, whatever you want to call them) as perverts than in other demographics. That goes double for supposedly chaste religious leaders.

This is one of those stories that sounds completely horrible on the surface, and then it gets bad.

"During a lengthy interview at a Manhattan apartment in August, Mr. Spence frequently alluded to deep mysteries. “All this stuff you’ve uncovered (involving call boys, bribery and the White House tours), to be honest with you, is insignificant compared to other things I’ve done. But I’m not going to tell you those things, and somehow the world will carry on.” -Washington Times Nov 13, 1989

Follow this link only if you have a strong stomach. This is an excerpt from John DeCamp’s book quoting from one of the victim’s diary. This would have to be evil at it’s apex.

http://www.thelawparty.org/FranklinCoverup/FranklinBookGrove.htm

I especially like the way you and the WaPo implicate Reagan/Bush by using them in the headline, but nowhere else.

The story is indeed sad, and most probably true - but why is there still a need by the left to impune Reagan?

Yeah, I was kind of wondering what precisely a scandal concerning a lobbyist had to do with anything? And this is 4 presidencies ago, with the major details provided by a newspaper that was little more than a supermarket tabloid at that time (The Times, which has improved since, but it still has its issues).

Isn’t this the kind of thing that the fringe on the right liked to bring up concerning Clinton that got them labelled “screwballs” and “wing nuts”?

My bad - I thought it was the Post, but it’s the Times.

There was a very brief Post story in there too, but most of the articles were the Times.

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
I’m not surprised because there are perverts and hypocrites in all walks of life. And then you gotta wonder if there are disproportionately more politicians (weasels, whatever you want to call them) as perverts than in other demographics. That goes double for supposedly chaste religious leaders.[/quote]

Yeah Lothario, but these are usually the perverts and hypocrites that are the most judgemental when it comes to others lives.

Nice ad hominem, Elk.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Nice ad hominem, Elk.[/quote]

Rain, I was only referring to the people in question! I didn’t mean Reagan or Bush. Why did that bother you?

Would any body care for a shot of power and a small boy chaser and stuff?
I followed that link that was posted. That looks like some of the most poorly written propaganda I have ever seen. It looks just downright moronic. I know some folks might not like the current party,but that is ridiculous.

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Nice ad hominem, Elk.

Rain, I was only referring to the people in question! I didn’t mean Reagan or Bush. Why did that bother you?[/quote]

Oops - I realized my mistake right after I hit the send button, and was hoping you wouldn’t notice. Sorry.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I especially like the way you and the WaPo implicate Reagan/Bush by using them in the headline, but nowhere else.

The story is indeed sad, and most probably true - but why is there still a need by the left to impune Reagan?[/quote]

Actually Rain, that was a little inadvertent. I was just quoting the title but my real beef was more that this kind of thing never made TV news yet it was an obviously real scandal with convictions.

It just seems naive to think this stuff isn’t still happening on both sides of the aisle. As in other things like this, there seem to be a lot of convienient deaths to those involved. Are we always just to say coincedence or “conspiracy theory” without serious thought?

[quote]JustTheFacts wrote:
Actually Rain, that was a little inadvertent. I was just quoting the title but my real beef was more that this kind of thing never made TV news yet it was an obviously real scandal with convictions.

It just seems naive to think this stuff isn’t still happening on both sides of the aisle. As in other things like this, there seem to be a lot of convienient deaths to those involved. Are we always just to say coincedence or “conspiracy theory” without serious thought?[/quote]

I agree. [ducks]waits for roof to cave in[/ducks]