T Nation

Frankie Edgar

He is coming to my gym tomorrow at 12 for a seminar and I can’t sleep because I am so excited!! He is one of my favorite fighters and I have a weird feeling I am going to throw up when I meet him!!

cool-he’s a solid fighter.

btw, try not to vomit on him…

Good guy for sure. Great cardio, get some training tips and report!

Yeah he is a stud. Him vs Tyson G was one of the best fights ever. There was so many crazy transitions in that fight.

Once he got there, it was just like he was a regular guy it was pretty cool. He was really cool and incredibly nice. His wrestling was sick. He took me down it was incredible. My broke ass doesn’t have a camera so I didn’t get to take a pic with him at the end!!

I trained with Frank a few times in the month leading up to his Griffin fight. He used to train with Rhino Fight team, now he is teamed up with Ricardo Almeida. If Frank can continue to improve his BJJ I think he is top 3 at 155.

The Maynard loss was just the result of him facing a bigger stronger wrestler with nothing else to fall back to on the ground. IMO if Frank kept that fight standing he would have won it.

[quote]snipeout wrote:
I trained with Frank a few times in the month leading up to his Griffin fight. He used to train with Rhino Fight team, now he is teamed up with Ricardo Almeida. If Frank can continue to improve his BJJ I think he is top 3 at 155.

The Maynard loss was just the result of him facing a bigger stronger wrestler with nothing else to fall back to on the ground. IMO if Frank kept that fight standing he would have won it.[/quote]

I couldn’t agree more.

[quote]snipeout wrote:

The Maynard loss was just the result of him facing a bigger stronger wrestler with nothing else to fall back to on the ground. IMO if Frank kept that fight standing he would have won it.[/quote]

The problem was he couldn’t keep it standing. Maynard was dumping him almost at will. One of my favorite fights and my two favorite 155lb fighters. Maynard is not the best match-up for Edgar, but I think Edgar is ready for anyone else at 155.

We’ve seen a ton of good Edgar fights, I wish we could see a bit more of Maynard agaist top competition. Wouldn’t mind seeing a rematch with Diaz.

Frank could have kept it standing. He was playing a wrestling match strategy. If he would have played more of a sprawl and brawl(i hate this term but can’t find anything better)he could have kept it on his feet. Frank has very technical boxing and a GREAT sprawl.

[quote]snipeout wrote:
Frank could have kept it standing. He was playing a wrestling match strategy. If he would have played more of a sprawl and brawl(i hate this term but can’t find anything better)he could have kept it on his feet. Frank has very technical boxing and a GREAT sprawl.[/quote]

gotcha. you meant if he would have trained a bit differently.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
snipeout wrote:
Frank could have kept it standing. He was playing a wrestling match strategy. If he would have played more of a sprawl and brawl(i hate this term but can’t find anything better)he could have kept it on his feet. Frank has very technical boxing and a GREAT sprawl.

gotcha. you meant if he would have trained a bit differently.[/quote]

Absolutely! Gray is a much larger wrestler than Frank with just as much skill. If Frank would have had a better game plan he could have won easily.

Yeah I am small as shit but he was really small but then again he would kill me.

I think Frank would be awesome at 145 in the WEC.

Hey GoGo what gym do you train at in PA?