T Nation

Frank Yang Speed Sculpting

Hey guys, I just took up sculpture a few months ago… thought I would share some of my progress!

Looks cool man.

good job man, youre pretty talented

what happened to her right eye? or is she winking?

Ah! From one artist to another… it’s refreshing to see there are still creative people out there using their hands… in real substance, making objects. I know that satisfying feeling.

Nice work!

ah…takes me back to high school. i remember makin stuff like that but my teacher would never let it fly lol. i think its cool as shit! keep it up!

Good stuff man.

I like the lazy eye, nice touch :wink:

Nice work man, I tried my hand at sculpting once…didn’t go too well.

wow, this guy is multifuckn talented…

I like your suicides video the most.

WTF your good at everything you do

Very cool man. So did art lead to bodybuilding, or ice versa? (I know my own gym work is totally rooted in my own artistic background)

S

Nice.

I am awful with clay, which only makes me even more impressed. It’s rare that I will sit and watch a 4 minute video, hell i usually can’t listen to an entire song if im not working out or doing something where I am not moving, but actually held my interest the entire time.

Well done.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Very cool man. So did art lead to bodybuilding, or ice versa? (I know my own gym work is totally rooted in my own artistic background)

S
[/quote]

Actually i’ve always been into art ever since i was a kid. Used to draw for fun, never took art seriously until i majored in film in college. didn’t start sculpting til a few months ago Bodybuilding sure is art. It’s a combination of performance art/sculpting.

Words can’t describe how awesome you truly are. I’m humbled.

Rarely do I ever meet a person who’s both strong for his bodyweight, and very talented. (I’ve seen your drawings too.)

Dude, you’re an inspiration to me.

you are very talented, and creative. all of your videos are very cool.

Is this the same Frank Yang with all the crazy workout vids floating around the web???

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:

Dude, you’re an inspiration to me.[/quote]

Thanks. My dad used to tell me that everyone has their own talents, and that our maid could fold underwear into perfect squares. And that was her talent.

Frank, saw this (head sculpture), your vert, and the Wieniawski (which a friend of mine just played in a competition a few months ago). I admit some aspects of the last were a bit much for me (though I got a chuckle at the timing of your editing), but I commend your accomplishments in all three.

[quote]digitalairair wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:

Dude, you’re an inspiration to me.

Thanks. My dad used to tell me that everyone has their own talents, and that our maid could fold underwear into perfect squares. And that was her talent. [/quote]

That is pretty damn hard TBH.