Frank Yang - Mental Aesthetics

Thought I’ll start a new thread about mindfucking

At your least, you’re never boring.
At your best, you’re enlightening.

Nice work, Frank.

Asians can’t get swole…but they are good at Photoshop.

Coincidence?

I like to mindfuck but I really don’t like to get mindfucked…lol

That was interesting.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Coincidence?[/quote]

I think the point is that a lot of internet bodybuilders can look a lot more ripped than the actually are if you study lighting and camera angle.

http://headless.org/on-having-no-head.htm

this is some good mindfucking material right here.

[quote]digitalairair wrote:

Coincidence?[/quote]

I think the point is that a lot of internet bodybuilders can look a lot more ripped than the actually are if you study lighting and camera angle. [/quote]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Frank - I’ve watched quite a few of your videos and to be honest, they’re not really for me. I’m not a fan and maybe I just don’t operate on the same wave length as you, I don’t know (I’m not “artistic” in any sense of the word, so that may have something to do with it).

That being said, I admire the shit out of a guy that just does what he wants and creates what he wants. It takes some serious balls to put yourself out there like that, and again, it’s impressive. Good luck with everything, man.

Coincidence?[/quote]

I think the point is that a lot of internet bodybuilders can look a lot more ripped than the actually are if you study lighting and camera angle. [/quote]

Thats nothing new.

Remember the Palm move that falls from heaven?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Frank - I’ve watched quite a few of your videos and to be honest, they’re not really for me. I’m not a fan and maybe I just don’t operate on the same wave length as you, I don’t know (I’m not “artistic” in any sense of the word, so that may have something to do with it).

That being said, I admire the shit out of a guy that just does what he wants and creates what he wants. It takes some serious balls to put yourself out there like that, and again, it’s impressive. Good luck with everything, man. [/quote]

hey thanks for the comment/critique. I’m trying to do more “srs” videos now that are less “abstract”. Hopefully you can appreciate the changes !

but still unorthodox, but in a comprehensible matter.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

That being said, I admire the shit out of a guy that just does what he wants and creates what he wants. It takes some serious balls to put yourself out there like that, and again, it’s impressive. Good luck with everything, man. [/quote]

hey thanks for the comment/critique. I’m trying to do more “srs” videos now that are less “abstract”. Hopefully you can appreciate the changes !

4:55 coupled with the music is very disturbing

I like that video a lot. Very cool idea. I’ve closed my eyes before when working on smaller muscles like rear/side delts but I’ve never tried it for a whole workout and I don’t think I’ve ever tried it with any big compound movement like bench or squat.

That whole practicing a movement in your mind (I guess, visualization would be the word), and it actually contributing to helping you become better at the movement is fascinating. I believe Matt Kroc is also a big believer in visualization.

So how was the workout? Did weights feel any lighter or heavier to you than normal? After seeing yourself in the Vid, how do you feel your form was compared to eyes open?

That looks awesome being able to get all that different food like that in one place at night right after a workout and moving from one station to the next.

New video about recurring life of a reluctant lifter.

Lift for eternity!

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Keep making abstract stuff Frank, you have a real knack for it. It is art by the way, fucking good art too. I really enjoyed I am a beautiful monster and the message I interpreted from it. There was a good video of you tearing the shit out of your room and violently playing the violin, but that’s gone from youtube. The one where you wrote on your body was good too. The Tom Cruise video was fucking brilliant. Keep doing what you’re good at, don’t try to be serious just to appeal to more people, do what you enjoy. Would love to see some more inspired abstract vids.

I admit I don’t really “get” the videos, but I can’t help but watch all of them all the way through. Often more than once.

Zombie gym granny origin story, please…

I think Frank has explained it as a reminder of our mortality, which (to him) is motivating.