Frank Dux, Kumite? Hmmm.

Always wondered if this was all real or not? The Kumite, Frank Dux. Here’s an interesting link I came upon. Has anyone here into the martial arts comps. been to the actual Kumite? Is it real? I’ve also heard the his Frank Dux in his prime could break bullet proof glass!

And he has said that he worked under cover for the CIA.
Also heard recently that JCVD will fight in a UCF? Why now? He should have done this in his prime. Dude had a killer physique, growing up watching his movies always inspired me.

In their prime, Bruce Lee would have kicked JCVD’s ass. Hahaha.

. . .

Several different military groups publicly flogged “Frank Dux” for his claims of service. In one picture he did for an MA magazine, he had pins from two or three different branches. Google “Frank Dux Discredited” to get a better picture.

He and “Ashida Kim” are of the same quality.

[quote]BADASS MENTALITY wrote:
Always wondered if this was all real or not? The Kumite, Frank Dux. Here’s an interesting link I came upon. Has anyone here into the martial arts comps. been to the actual Kumite? Is it real? I’ve also heard the his Frank Dux in his prime could break bullet proof glass!

Also heard recently that JCVD will fight in a UCF? Why now? He should have done this in his prime. Dude had a killer physique, growing up watching his movies always inspired me.

http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/bloodsport.php[/quote]

JCVD had an amateur kickboxing record of 18-1, and the loss was redeemed later. Sure it’s weird to see him getting into the ring now, but it’s not his first venture.

[quote]BADASS MENTALITY wrote:

http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/bloodsport.php[/quote]

Welcome to 1980 whatever. The bullshit that is the self created Frank Dux legend was exposed many, many, many years ago.

There have been several articles in the last month about JCVD trying to get a pro fight against a guy named Somluck Kamsing, an Olympic Gold medalist boxer. Supposedly it was going to be kickboxing and was slated to happen in March at a K-1 event in Vegas. But Nevada would not give VD a license due to his age, inexperience, etc. Last thing I read said it might happen in Macau and may be part of a reality show.