Franco Columbu's Broken Leg?

10 years ago on ESPN they had a World’s Strongest Man from 1978 or so and it had Franco in it and he broke his leg carrying a fridge.
I tried youtube…couldn’t find it! Any help?

It was dislocated.

http://www.tugagym.info/?p=324

Thanks for finding that!

It’s not as easy to see in that video, but I remember it looking mighty painful.

Looks pretty painful, made my knee hurt just watching it.

wow, that looked painful. Never seen that before.

I remember watching that when it was first aired. It was all my friends and I talked about at school the next day. We also talked about how Lou Ferrigno’s car flipped when taking a sharp turn, and all he did was put his arm out and stop it from turning over and crushing his head.

Such colorful characters back then.

Huh? What’s that about Lou and the car?

Ugh…I hate watching that. Every time I get that out of my head, I’m reminded of it again somehow.

I love his reaction to it when they interview him afterwards. The biggest problem with it, is that is was ‘uncomfortable’. I’d probably be crying like a baby.

Franco’s a badass!

[quote]Nards wrote:
Huh? What’s that about Lou and the car?[/quote]

I may be mixed up in that the car race (which were small 3/4 midgets or similar vehicles) could have been on Battle of the Network Stars, and not WSM.

Anyway, as I mentioned, Lou rolled the car in a hard turn. A normal puny actor in the same roll may have broken his neck, but Lou kept the car from flipping over with one arm!

This is off this topic but kind of the same…Anyone see the Corey Hill fight in UFC back in December? Did a leg kick and snapped his bone where his foot flopped in the wind. Crazy.

Lou Ferrigno was competing too huh. thats cool how the BBers of yesteryear would compete in stuff like this, even if they didnt place overly well.

I remember something of that sort. It was a roundhouse kick that backfired lol…muay thai shin conditioning ftw.

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
This is off this topic but kind of the same…Anyone see the Corey Hill fight in UFC back in December? Did a leg kick and snapped his bone where his foot flopped in the wind. Crazy. [/quote]