France's Military Base

French President Sarkozy to open UAE base

Two months after joining NATO, this is not really surprising. Sarkozy, the son of a bitch.

Rejoice! The “imperialistic bastards” club is growing.

Ah, so that’s why my stock in white flag makers suddenly shot up. Time to buy Depends and Adidas too.

Nice to see another country being a little proactive and shouldering some of the load.

[quote]pookie wrote:
… and Adidas too.
[/quote]

WhaaAAAAT!?

Let’s make it perfectly clear:

Germany is still trembling and shitting itself while sitting all day in a lousy camp in Afghanistan, doing basically nothing.
And it has no intention whatsoever to rediscover Imperialism, brooding over maps of Poland while listening to Wagner or parading some Hernia-inducing blitzmarches.
Sorry!

I bet the French Army will even enjoy sponsored wargames a la America’s Army.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
pookie wrote:
… and Adidas too.

WhaaAAAAT!?

Germany is still trembling and shitting itself while sitting all day in a lousy camp in Afghanistan, doing basically nothing.
And it has no intention whatsoever to rediscover Imperialism, brooding over maps of Poland while listening to Wagner or parading some Hernia-inducing blitzmarches.
Sorry!

[/quote]

I must admit though that I am slightly amused that the mighty Austrian army is seen as a serious fighting force in Tschad.

They´re fighting guys on camels with Ak47s but still.

[quote]lixy wrote:

Two months after joining NATO, this is not really surprising. Sarkozy, the son of a bitch.

Rejoice! The “imperialistic bastards” club is growing.[/quote]

Id actually put good money down that the mid east, and the world would be a much safer place (and probably freer for the mid east) if a band of revived European imperialist nations went and retook the place, redrew better lines in the sand, and sat on it for a few decades.

pookie wrote:
… and Adidas too.

WhaaAAAAT!?

Sorry!

[/quote]

Adidas are useful for running away.

What the fuck does Germany have to do with anything? If you’re looking for stuff to do, you could invent a language that doesn’t sound like you’re angrily throwing up when you speak it.

pookie wrote:
… and Adidas too.

WhaaAAAAT!?

Sorry!

I bet the French Army will even enjoy sponsored wargames a la America’s Army.[/quote]

You missed pookie’s point.

And now Sarkozy is responsible for all the deaths of the next terrorist attack on France.

[quote]pookie wrote:
What the fuck does Germany have to do with anything? If you’re looking for stuff to do, you could invent a language that doesn’t sound like you’re angrily throwing up when you speak it.
[/quote]

Are you kidding me? French is much more disgusting sounding than German – at least the words are pronounced the way they are spelled and one doesn’t have to swallow his tongue in the process of getting a full sentence out. I can’t believe Germans even allowed french cognates to enter their language at all.

French is the grossest language ever. And besides, there is a distinct reason why the world no longer speaks french as la lingua franca – because the french are a bunch of assholes who pretend not to understand you when you try communicating with them in their own language as a secondary speaker.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
pookie wrote:

Are you kidding me? French is much more disgusting sounding than German – at least the words are pronounced the way they are spelled and one doesn’t have to swallow his tongue in the process of getting a full sentence out. I can’t believe Germans even allowed french cognates to enter their language at all.

French is the grossest language ever. And besides, there is a distinct reason why the world no longer speaks french as la lingua franca – because the french are a bunch of assholes who pretend not to understand you when you try communicating with them in their own language as a secondary speaker.[/quote]

If you’re swallowing your tongue while getting a french sentence out, then it’s little wonder no one understands you.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
pookie wrote:

French is the grossest language ever. [/quote]

Obviously you haven’t been around people speaking Arabic during cold and flu season.

[quote]orion wrote:
They�´re [/quote]

Why do all yo-postrophesâ?? have an accent grave lately?

[quote]PB-Crawl wrote:
lixy wrote:

Rejoice! The “imperialistic bastards” club is growing.

Id actually put good money down that the mid east, and the world would be a much safer place (and probably freer for the mid east) if a band of revived European imperialist nations went and retook the place, redrew better lines in the sand, and sat on it for a few decades.[/quote]

Did you really just suggest that??

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
orion wrote:
They�?�´re

Why do all yo-postrophesâ?? have an accent grave lately?
[/quote]

Happened to me too!!

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
orion wrote:
They�??�?�´re

Why do all yo-postrophes�¢?? have an accent grave lately?

Happened to me too!!
[/quote]

It is contagious!

[quote]orion wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
orion wrote:
They�??�??�?�´re

Why do all yo-postrophes�?�¢?? have an accent grave lately?

Happened to me too!!

It is contagious!

[/quote]

Swine computer virus…

[quote]pookie wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
pookie wrote:

French is the grossest language ever. And besides, there is a distinct reason why the world no longer speaks french as la lingua franca – because the french are a bunch of assholes who pretend not to understand you when you try communicating with them in their own language as a secondary speaker.

If you’re swallowing your tongue while getting a french sentence out, then it’s little wonder no one understands you.
[/quote]

I took French in College, my dad speaks fluently and my family left France during the Nazi occupation. My grandmother used to be part of the “underground railroad” to get jews out of france without harm.

I figured the language would come naturally…I was wrong.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
pookie wrote:

French is the grossest language ever.

Obviously you haven’t been around people speaking Arabic during cold and flu season.
[/quote]

I don’t know…my wife speaks Arabic and though to most native speakers her mode of speech is a little too academic it sounds quite beautiful to me.

Heck, she once said to me in Arabic, “God willing, all infidels will be wiped off the earth,” and I thought she was trying to seduce me…that’s how lovely it sounds to me.

On the other hand, to me, every time I hear French spoken it sounds like they are cursing someone out.