France Targeted by Al Qaida

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Wreckless wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
rainjack wrote:
I’m taking bets on how long it takes the French to surrender.

RJ,

Do you think the French are progressive enough to adopt a ‘pre-emptive surrender’ strategy?

Naah, they’ll probably strike back (of perhaps even pre-emptively) without pissing off the whole world.
Without making the terrorist more popular throughout the Islamic world.
Without expanding their recruitment base.
Without tying down their army for a decade.
Without limiting their options.

I also think they’ll strike back at the attackers, and not some country in the general area where they came from.

But that’s just me.

Wrckless: Wearing the French cheerleader’s dress since 2003.

Yes - those are WHITE pom pom’s that also double as a surrender flag. [/quote]

Rainjack, hating the French ever since they didn’t want to join in this merry little war, that quickly turned into a disaster.

And hating them even more since they have been proven right about it.

Please rainjack: explain to us how you’ve laughing the past 2 years with people dying in Iraq over a war that should never have been declared and serves no purpose.

Also, explain to us why you didn’t bother to sign up.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:

Please rainjack: explain to us how you’ve laughing the past 2 years with people dying in Iraq over a war that should never have been declared and serves no purpose.

Also, explain to us why you didn’t bother to sign up.[/quote]

Now, Wreckless, don’t exaggerate. This war was never actually declared.

[quote]pookie wrote:

Backward little Vietnam kicked your asses a few decades ago… maybe we should bring that up every chance we get?
[/quote]

Yeah, but they kicked everyone’s asses. Including those of the French.

[quote]pookie wrote:

The French state has over a millenia of history; you might want to acquaint yourself with the thousand plus year you seem unaware of.[/quote]

I like the fact that were it not for a Frenchman* named Charles back in the 8th Century, we wouldn’t be having this conversation, because all of Europe, and by extention all of the Americas, indeed all of the world, would probably by now be Muslim.

Battle of Tours, 732 AD. Google it, suckas.

• And yes, I know. Charles Martel was not technically a Frenchman, but a Frank. Big deal.

I’ve always thought it funny that the Frankish crusaders were the ones who struck the most fear into the hearts of the Saracens, so that even to this day the Arabic and Farsi slur for crusading barbarian infidels is “faranji”, meaning “Frankish.”

Could it have been only a serendipitous coincidence, then, that the man sent to lead the U.S. Crusade into Afghanistan in 2001 was a general named Tommy Franks?

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
pookie wrote:

Backward little Vietnam kicked your asses a few decades ago… maybe we should bring that up every chance we get?

Yeah, but they kicked everyone’s asses. Including those of the French.[/quote]

My point was that painting a whole nation, or worse, a whole nation’s history as being cowards and “surrender monkeys” demonstrated stupidity and ignorance. It simply shows the commenter’s willingness to lap up weak propaganda put out to ridiculize countries who happen to disagree with the foreign policies of the current administration.

The same commenters are always quick to point out the US’s action in WWII to liberate France (even though it can be argued that the Soviets did most of the heavy lifting to defeat Germany) while conveniently forgetting about France’s important contribution to their winning the American Revolution.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Rainjack, hating the French ever since they didn’t want to join in this merry little war, that quickly turned into a disaster.

And hating them even more since they have been proven right about it.

Also, explain to us why you didn’t bother to sign up.[/quote]

I laugh at your stupidity. Your utter hatred, and pretty much you just spewing the shit that you do. It has nothing to do with the war - other than you are so fucking stupid when it comes to discussing it that I have to laugh.

BTW - I have always found the French to be cowardly, and extremely unappreciative of the blood AMericans spilt at Normandy to save their cowardly little asses.

I served. I am out. I cannot re-up.

So explain what you do other than yip like a rabid little poodle?

[quote]pookie wrote:
rainjack wrote:
One time deal. It won’t happen again.

Damn right. The Union put the fear of God into you, and you’ll stay down forever.

France has a century-long history of waving the white flag.

The French state has over a millenia of history; you might want to acquaint yourself with the thousand plus year you seem unaware of.

Just because they don’t agree to be the US’s little lapdogs like the Brits doesn’t mean they’re cowards. Actually, it takes more balls to stand up to the US and say no than it does to agree unconditionally.

You can start all the wars you want, over any false pretense you can get your people to gobble up; but don’t go disparaging the rest of the world for being better informed and having more sense than you do.

[/quote]

We went into Vietnam to help the French out. They gave up - yet again.

The French being a bunch of cowards is way older than the Iraq War.

Aws proud as their history is - you’d think they’d be a little more ashamed of themselves for turning into the nation of pussies.

The funny thing is - no amount of insult hurling at the South is going to make France one iota braver.

But they make pretty good wine. And I dig the Peugot’s