T Nation

France Targeted by Al Qaida

Well, looks like France has jumped up front and center as an Al Qaida target.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060915/ap_on_re_eu/france_al_qaida_video

I’m taking bets on how long it takes the French to surrender.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I’m taking bets on how long it takes the French to surrender.[/quote]

RJ,

Do you think the French are progressive enough to adopt a ‘pre-emptive surrender’ strategy?

[quote]rainjack wrote:

[/quote]

or call for help…

[quote]hedo wrote:
rainjack wrote:

or call for help…

[/quote]

Amazingly, they change opinions about “freinds/enemys” when the need arises.

Damn, that is twice now that the appeasement strategy hasn’t worked out for them.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

[/quote]

Probably about as long as it took Lee to surrender to Grant in 1865.

The American South: The original surrender monkeys.

[quote]pookie wrote:
rainjack wrote:

The American South: The original surrender monkeys.[/quote]

One time deal. It won’t happen again.

France has a century-long history of waving the white flag.

These pussies had it coming. And don’t let the fact that France willingly committed soldiers to Afghanistan change your prejudices about them, they sit outside their brasseries, chomping on garlic going “oh, he hoh he hon” all the time, it’s no wonder this has happened.

[quote]juninho wrote:
These pussies had it coming. And don’t let the fact that France willingly committed soldiers to Afghanistan change your prejudices about them, they sit outside their brasseries, chomping on garlic going “oh, he hoh he hon” all the time, it’s no wonder this has happened.[/quote]

Well, happily enough, the French have their defensive strategy all planned out. They will simply insult the al-Qaida terrorists until the hapless jockeys de chameaux depart, too embarassed to carry out their dastardly deeds.

Here are some top-secret recordings from a recent training exercise, courtesy of the French Ministry of Defence:

http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/62369/grail43.wav
http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/62369/grail44.wav
http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/62369/grail45.wav

[quote]pookie wrote:

The American South: The original surrender monkeys.[/quote]

I guess you have no idea how awful and fierce that battle was between them?

Another topic for another time, but the South didn’t roll over.

Al-CIA-Da working hard to get the French behind the “War on Terror” and with the amount of muslims in france it will surely start a “War of Civilizations”

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
rainjack wrote:

RJ,

Do you think the French are progressive enough to adopt a ‘pre-emptive surrender’ strategy?[/quote]

Naah, they’ll probably strike back (of perhaps even pre-emptively) without pissing off the whole world.
Without making the terrorist more popular throughout the Islamic world.
Without expanding their recruitment base.
Without tying down their army for a decade.
Without limiting their options.

I also think they’ll strike back at the attackers, and not some country in the general area where they came from.

But that’s just me.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
rainjack wrote:

RJ,

Do you think the French are progressive enough to adopt a ‘pre-emptive surrender’ strategy?

Naah, they’ll probably strike back (of perhaps even pre-emptively) without pissing off the whole world.
Without making the terrorist more popular throughout the Islamic world.
Without expanding their recruitment base.
Without tying down their army for a decade.
Without limiting their options.

I also think they’ll strike back at the attackers, and not some country in the general area where they came from.

But that’s just me.
[/quote]

Wrckless: Wearing the French cheerleader’s dress since 2003.

Yes - those are WHITE pom pom’s that also double as a surrender flag.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Yes - those are WHITE pom pom’s that also double as a surrender flag. [/quote]

Anyone else notice that Wreckless swooped in to post on nearly every single recent thread to do nothing other than spill some quick bile?

Go through and check each one. It is nearly all of them. Wreckless has no objective other than trolling.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

[/quote]

I’ll never understand these jokes.

France has an amazing military history (article here: http://www.exile.ru/2003-October-02/war_nerd.html), and they actually have a good record of anti-terrorism and have generously shared their terrorism info with us after 9/11/

Calling the confederates a bunch of no-balls losers requires as much knowledge of history as disparaging the French for cowardice, which is to say: none at all.

Not only did it roll over, but it has remained cowed ever since. They don’t even have the guts to try and add an “s” to their defeat. Yeah, staying down requires great courage.

What I just wrote is as true for The South as anything written around here about France.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
One time deal. It won’t happen again.[/quote]

Damn right. The Union put the fear of God into you, and you’ll stay down forever.

The French state has over a millenia of history; you might want to acquaint yourself with the thousand plus year you seem unaware of.

Just because they don’t agree to be the US’s little lapdogs like the Brits doesn’t mean they’re cowards. Actually, it takes more balls to stand up to the US and say no than it does to agree unconditionally.

You can start all the wars you want, over any false pretense you can get your people to gobble up; but don’t go disparaging the rest of the world for being better informed and having more sense than you do.

Backward little Vietnam kicked your asses a few decades ago… maybe we should bring that up every chance we get?

[quote]jrm wrote:
France has an amazing military history (article here: http://www.exile.ru/2003-October-02/war_nerd.html), and they actually have a good record of anti-terrorism and have generously shared their terrorism info with us after 9/11/
[/quote]

The posted URL doesn’t work right. Here it is again: http://www.exile.ru/2003-October-02/war_nerd.html

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
rainjack wrote:

Yes - those are WHITE pom pom’s that also double as a surrender flag.

Anyone else notice that Wreckless swooped in to post on nearly every single recent thread to do nothing other than spill some quick bile?

Go through and check each one. It is nearly all of them. Wreckless has no objective other than trolling.

[/quote]

And your contribution to this discussion was what?

You’re just a stupid fucking cheerleader, calling everybody who doesn’t agree with you a troll.