Fox News Ignores Real Americans

I thought with the recent FOX war thread this might be a fun thread.

Here’s a funny clip:

But it raises an interesting point. Is FOX news being hypocritical? Are they as ideological as is being claimed? Should they have covered this march the same way they covered the tea march?

All media is hypocritical and bias, there no longer exist an unbiased media outlet…

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:

Here’s a funny clip:

But it raises an interesting point. Is FOX news being hypocritical? Are they as ideological as is being claimed? Should they have covered this march the same way they covered the tea march?
[/quote]

People chose to get there information generally from a source that has a similar perspective.

If it isn’t something of major importance to me I will watch a source that will not spend a lot fo time covering it.

Here’s a funny clip:

[/quote]

Don’t take this in defense of FOX, but if you want to put together a clip of every network comparing their coverage of the protests, they would all fail just as bad.

Fox may not have covered the gay rights stuff, but cnn, msn, est. actually fought/discouraged/argued against/downplayed the tea parties. Even going as far to start using vulgar sexual slurs to refer to participants. None of the other networks are the least bit better. Though it would have been funny if fox resorted to sexual references to refer to the gay rights marchers. How about referring to them as tea-baggers. lol

I can’t stand to watch the news on t.v. People only watch what they want to see.

Here’s a funny clip:

[/quote]

Fox is the Republican outlet and every other media outlet is the arm of the Obama administration.

None of the MSM outlets are looking out for us. They care about themselves, their political party of choice, and the banksters.

There’s no point in watching the news at all:

What’s funny is that Fox is clearly the minority in how it covers news, and is not one to kiss Obama’s ass the way most media does, but yet still blows them all away in the polls and rankings.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
What’s funny is that Fox is clearly the minority in how it covers news, and is not one to kiss Obama’s ass the way most media does, but yet still blows them all away in the polls and rankings.[/quote]

You’d think the rest of teh MSM outlets would figure that out and decide there’s a market in dissent.

Here’s a funny clip:

[/quote]

How many gay folks showed up? The Tea party march was huuuge. Estimates put in in the hundreds of thousands to over a million…Were there that many gay folks?

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:

Fox is the Republican outlet and every other media outlet is the arm of the Obama administration.
[/quote]

I don’t believe this at face value. Again, I think it’s more that people have become so complacent with the softball standard that the major outlets (sans FOX) apply to Liberal (for lack of a better term) political positions that FOX stands out so much.

It’s the old ‘boil a dog slowly’. People have been slowly boiling and accepting CBSNBCABCPBSCNNMSNBC as gospel not realizing how long they’ve been immersed and desensitized. It’s the Voice of Saruman for sure (some will get the reference).

Along comes FOX with an ounce of questioning and all of a sudden people are screaming that they’re covering for Republicans.

It’s sad, really. It’s just a perpetuated myth that FOX is ‘right biased’, only because the rest of the media so skewed the other way.

One simply needs to look a few weeks back at the Van Jones and ACORN (non)coverage to see the latest example of how most media exclude real depth in reporting-- these were just 2 recent examples. The last election (non)coverage of Democrats was dispicable (and the bias well documented).

It really nullifies the premise of this thread (which, incidentally feeds a hunch that I have that most people really do take their political cues from Jon Stewart).

It looks the Tea party was a much bigger story just in sheer numbers

vs.

http://therichmondoutsider.com/2009/06/15/dc-pride-a-sea-of-rainbows/

Edit was for forgotten link…

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:

I don’t believe this at face value. Again, I think it’s more that people have become so complacent with the softball standard that the major outlets (sans FOX) apply to Liberal (for lack of a better term) political positions that FOX stands out so much.

It’s the old ‘boil a dog slowly’. People have been slowly boiling and accepting CBSNBCABCPBSCNNMSNBC as gospel not realizing how long they’ve been immersed and desensitized. It’s the Voice of Saruman for sure (some will get the reference).

Along comes FOX with an ounce of questioning and all of a sudden people are screaming that they’re covering for Republicans.

[/quote]

That’s not why. They carry water for the Republicans. Hannity does it all the time on his radio show.

Fox news isn’t so much Republican as it is neocon - all Israel, all the time, and ever more war. That’s basically what the last 8 years of the Bush administration were - neocon. Social liberalism, fiscal drunkenness, and war, war and more war while telling us how peaceful our enemies are. And obsession with Israel b/c the Jewish neocons and evangelicals have it built into their ethnicity and theology, respectively.

I couldn’t believe Fox gave Huckabee a show. That was about it for me. He’s the guy that liberals can rightly point to and complain about the Christian right. His theology is abysmal and he basically joined the ministry as a spring-board into politics.

I find no value in any of the news outlets, but at least MSNBC gets Pat Buchanan on there from time-to-time.

We need a channel that’s nothing but Pat Buchanan. That would truly be dissent.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

Here’s a funny clip:

None of the MSM outlets are looking out for us. They care about themselves, their political party of choice, and the banksters.

There’s no point in watching the news at all:
http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2009/10/msm-reporting-as-propaganda-no-one-minds-our-new-financial-lords-and-masters-edition.html[/quote]

Actually, I very much disagree with this. I donâ??t think they are partisan nearly as much as ideologues.

If you were to say read Glenn Becks â??Common Senseâ??, youâ??d see what I mean. He probably criticizes Bush in the book more than anyone else, and republicans more than democrats. This is the guy the white house has essentially specifically calling out as being a wing of the republican party. From his book, I get the idea that he hates republicans and especially guys like Bush. I didnâ??t buy the book by the way, and wouldnâ??t have read it if it wasnâ??t free.

Right or wrong, I donâ??t think fox plays to party nearly as much as ideology.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:

That’s not why. They carry water for the Republicans. Hannity does it all the time on his radio show.

Fox news isn’t so much Republican as it is neocon - all Israel, all the time, and ever more war. That’s basically what the last 8 years of the Bush administration were - neocon. Social liberalism, fiscal drunkenness, and war, war and more war while telling us how peaceful our enemies are. And obsession with Israel b/c the Jewish neocons and evangelicals have it built into their ethnicity and theology, respectively.

I couldn’t believe Fox gave Huckabee a show. That was about it for me. He’s the guy that liberals can rightly point to and complain about the Christian right. His theology is abysmal and he basically joined the ministry as a spring-board into politics.

I find no value in any of the news outlets, but at least MSNBC gets Pat Buchanan on there from time-to-time.

[/quote]

To be clear, “Hannity” (and similar) isn’t ‘news’ or ‘journalism’, it’s “entertainment”. That is not the point of my post at all. FOX news reporting (at least print media) is pretty balanced even versus AP, Reuters, etc. I don’t “watch” news. I certainly don’t have news yelled at me.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:

[/quote]

You have to make a distinction between opinion programing and what is being presented as “The News”. Yes, Fox’s programing is right wing in as much as CNN’s programing it left wing. But news is news.

Gays march all the damn time, it’s really not a big deal…Getting conservatives to protest is a much bigger deal because the last time conservative people protested in any magnitude, was the late 18th century

[quote]pat wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:

You have to make a distinction between opinion programing and what is being presented as “The News”. Yes, Fox’s programing is right wing in as much as CNN’s programing it left wing. But news is news.

Gays march all the damn time, it’s really not a big deal…Getting conservatives to protest is a much bigger deal because the last time conservative people protested in any magnitude, was the late 18th century
[/quote]

We need a Buchanan channel. All Buchanan, all the time. And STeve Sailer. We need a channel that the limp-wristed liberals would consider to be filled with wild-eyed racists. PeeCee is killing us, and Fox News really does little to combat it.

I am happy that some outlet will actually give air time to Breitbart’s stuff. I think Glenn Beck has enormous utility in pissing off the libs, but he needs to tone down the hyperbole and start presenting more hatefacts about black and Mexican crime and welfare usage - crap that matters to a taxpayer like me.

While I’m not an American and don’t get Fox News, I should mention for those who were arguing whether it’s direction is partisan or ideological, that’s it’s owned by News Corp., which has a reputation for supporting parties based on who is/will be in power, depending on what they receive in return.

I can’t say I’ve dealt with this directly because I’m a Canadian, but I know in the U.K. the Labour Party has gotten support from conservative outlets owned by News Corp. Sifu has posted about this before and if he reads this maybe he can elaborate.

And there was news of Rupert Murdoch (News Corp bawse) meeting with Obama at around the time he was elected, supposedly about having a nicer portrayal of him in return for more accessibility to Obama and his administration for Fox News. I guess that’s over now, but the point still stands.

Just putting this out there for discussion, I know a lot of people here are better read politically then me, and obviously know more about the US news media too.

While I’m not an American and don’t get Fox News, I should mention for those who were arguing whether it’s direction is partisan or ideological, that’s it’s owned by News Corp., which has a reputation for supporting parties based on who is/will be in power, depending on what they receive in return.

I can’t say I’ve dealt with this directly because I’m a Canadian, but I know in the U.K. the Labour Party has gotten support from conservative outlets owned by News Corp. Sifu has posted about this before and if he reads this maybe he can elaborate.

And there was news of Rupert Murdoch (News Corp bawse) meeting with Obama at around the time he was elected, supposedly about having a nicer portrayal of him in return for more accessibility to Obama and his administration for Fox News. I guess that’s over now, but the point still stands.

Just putting this out there for discussion, I know a lot of people here are better read politically then me, and obviously know more about the US news media too.

[quote]pat wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

Here’s a funny clip:

How many gay folks showed up? The Tea party march was huuuge. Estimates put in in the hundreds of thousands to over a million…Were there that many gay folks?[/quote]

Similar numbers of people were at the Gay march in Washington as the Tea Party in Washington.

I think what is worse on Fox’s part was that they have been shown to have actually stage managed the tea parties. That is where the line gets crossed from journalims into reality TV.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
pat wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

Here’s a funny clip:

How many gay folks showed up? The Tea party march was huuuge. Estimates put in in the hundreds of thousands to over a million…Were there that many gay folks?

Similar numbers of people were at the Gay march in Washington as the Tea Party in Washington.

I think what is worse on Fox’s part was that they have been shown to have actually stage managed the tea parties. That is where the line gets crossed from journalims into reality TV.[/quote]

Source?