Fox News Basks in its Own Ignorance

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:
What do you consider a reputable source for news?[/quote]

One who is not beholden to corporate of government interests.
[/quote]

Okay, who is that?[/quote]
Try The Real News or Democracy Now.[/quote]

Well from what I see, both are left leaning, Democracy Now especially. The Real News admits bias as part of the human condition but claims it seeks to be fair. Either way, what you are doing is following lestist media and claiming it’s the truth.
I prefer a different tact, I use both right and left wing sources for my news. That way I get a balance. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Fox news is no more or less reputable than anyone else. Wishing to silence them is simply a means of information control. They lean right, 99% media leans left.

When a leftist tells me I shouldn’t listen to fox news, it makes me want to listen to them more, because they clearly said something that rankles lefties.

[quote]pat wrote:

[/quote]

I’m not beholden to corporate or government interests. Does that make me a reputable news source?

In other news, DBCooper is now reporting that Zeppelin is a grade-A jackass.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:
@ Zeppelin.

Keep up the good fight.

[/quote]

Dude, really?

By all accounts you come across as an educated, thoughtful individual capable of reason and logic, in your posts. (Assuming I don’t have you confused with someone else.)

How can you possibly support, like this, someone so much your opposite? Is it simply because he parrots the talking points from your side of the isle? He literally can’t make a coherent argument, source any claims or stay on topic, let alone not commit fallacy after fallacy, ad hominem his favorite…

I just don’t get it. [/quote]

I give him my support because he is the only leftist who bothers to post in this sub-forum.
This place needs some dissent from the left and since me and other left leaning posters have stopped, the least I can do is to give him my support since I am and have been to lazy to be that voice of dissent.

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:
@ Zeppelin.

Keep up the good fight.

[/quote]

Dude, really?

By all accounts you come across as an educated, thoughtful individual capable of reason and logic, in your posts. (Assuming I don’t have you confused with someone else.)

How can you possibly support, like this, someone so much your opposite? Is it simply because he parrots the talking points from your side of the isle? He literally can’t make a coherent argument, source any claims or stay on topic, let alone not commit fallacy after fallacy, ad hominem his favorite…

I give him my support because he is the only leftist who bothers to post in this sub-forum.
This place needs some dissent from the left and since me and other left leaning posters have stopped, the least I can do is to give him my support since I am and have been to lazy to be that voice of dissent.

[/quote]

I mean, I get what you are saying, but the current state of US government should warn one to choose their representatives wisely, lest the rotten apple spoil the bunch.

[quote]drunkpig wrote:
Anybody actually watch the video?

I’ll bet $50 the fat retard going on the rant is actually Zep. They seem to share the same disconnect from reality. They both seem to like to compare apples to grapes. And they both seem to think their points are unassailable.

I L’d MAO. [/quote]
As usual, don’t debate the point then when you try and make one you inadvertently help the poster. You contribute nothing of substance to any thread. Only dmaddox is worse than you.[/quote]

You made no point. You posted a video of yourself going on a rant. It was your opinion. No facts were presented in your video. No news was reported in your video.

It was comic relief, at best. I would suggest you find a gym and maybe take a public speaking course.

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:
@ Zeppelin.

Keep up the good fight.

[/quote]

Dude, really?

[/quote]

I mean, I get what you are saying, but the current state of US government should warn one to choose their representatives wisely, lest the rotten apple spoil the bunch.

[/quote]

My point is basickly what is healthy for this forum and its users. I think leftist posters actually gain more from this forum than their rightwing counterparts because a leftist in this forum is exposed to ideas that is challenging his own ideas. For the rightwing crowd the same cannot be said. I am in a way protecting your intellectual welfare when I give zep my support( half joke, half serious ).

Regarding the current state of the US government I agree that there is problems, fatal ones. But what I see as the problems are not “run away entitlement spending” or the like. The problem I see is; 1)Use of drones to kill US citizens( without trial ) and innocent people who happens to be with said US citizens. 2)The influence of Big bussines in Washington DC. 3)The continuation of the patriot act. And more. IMO what US needs is that the REAL LEFT stand up and create a viable alternative to the centrist party known as the Democrats.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[/quote]

Can you verify that these “news sources” receive no corporate funding?

Don’t worry, I won’t hold my breath. [/quote]

Can you verify they do and who they are?

Don’t worry I won’t hold my breath.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[/quote]

Well from what I see, both are left leaning, Democracy Now especially. The Real News admits bias as part of the human condition but claims it seeks to be fair. Either way, what you are doing is following lestist media and claiming it’s the truth.
I prefer a different tact, I use both right and left wing sources for my news. That way I get a balance. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Fox news is no more or less reputable than anyone else. Wishing to silence them is simply a means of information control. They lean right, 99% media leans left.

When a leftist tells me I shouldn’t listen to fox news, it makes me want to listen to them more, because they clearly said something that rankles lefties.[/quote]

Faux news tells the stories in a way that benefits their corporate backers. Filtered news. And to say that 99% of the media is left leaning is unfounded, a myth. All big media is owned by corporations and are for their benefit only. You are just a pawn in the game to be propagandized and to help continue their objective of the status quo.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[/quote]

I’m not beholden to corporate or government interests. Does that make me a reputable news source?

In other news, DBCooper is now reporting that Zeppelin is a grade-A jackass.[/quote]

No because you are not a news source. DBCooper has proved himself a grade-A jackass by posting something so dumb.

[quote]florelius wrote:
I am in a way protecting your intellectual welfare when I give zep my support( half joke, half serious ).
[/quote]

Protecting welfare is not something widely supported here.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

You made the claim, the Burden of Proof is yours.

I’m simply trying to learn something.

So I assume you can’t then? How… Typical.

[quote]drunkpig wrote:

[quote]drunkpig wrote:

I’ll bet $50 the fat retard going on the rant is actually Zep. They seem to share the same disconnect from reality. They both seem to like to compare apples to grapes. And they both seem to think their points are unassailable.

I L’d MAO. [/quote]
As usual, don’t debate the point then when you try and make one you inadvertently help the poster. You contribute nothing of substance to any thread. Only dmaddox is worse than you.[/quote]

You made no point. You posted a video of yourself going on a rant. It was your opinion. No facts were presented in your video. No news was reported in your video.

It was comic relief, at best. I would suggest you find a gym and maybe take a public speaking course. [/quote]
The point was the hypocrisy of Faux news. As soon as someone who is Muslim is involved in an atrocity ALL Muslims are guilty. When a Christian who murders an abortion doctor or who sets off a bomb at the Olympics there is no connection. Typical of Faux news.

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:
I am in a way protecting your intellectual welfare when I give zep my support( half joke, half serious ).
[/quote]

Protecting welfare is not something widely supported here. [/quote]

LOL

[quote]drunkpig wrote:

I L’d MAO. [/quote]

I just watched the video. That was the stupidest analysis I have ever heard. It didn’t even make any sense. There is a connection to muslim extremists and killing innocent people. There is no connection between nuts who go on a shooting rampage. What a moron.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

You made the claim, the Burden of Proof is yours.

I’m simply trying to learn something.

So I assume you can’t then? How… Typical. [/quote]

So you want me to prove that something doesn’t exist?

You believe they are controlled by corporations then prove it. Until you can then it doesn’t exist.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]drunkpig wrote:

I L’d MAO. [/quote]

I just watched the video. That was the stupidest analysis I have ever heard. It didn’t even make any sense. There is a connection to muslim extremists and killing innocent people. There is no connection between nuts who go on a shooting rampage. What a moron.[/quote]
You obviously missed the point. Not surprised.

Faux news tells the stories in a way that benefits their corporate backers. Filtered news. And to say that 99% of the media is left leaning is unfounded, a myth. All big media is owned by corporations and are for their benefit only. You are just a pawn in the game to be propagandized and to help continue their objective of the status quo.
[/quote]

Oh really? How about backing that up with some proof. Demonstrate how Fox news filters it’s news to benefit it’s corporate backers. Connect the dots between the news stories and it’s corporate backers. Actually I will make it easier, pick one story that was deliberately altered to benifit a Fox news corporate sponsor.

You can’t just make shit up and expect people to believe it. Evidence!

Let’s take an actual story.

Prove it is false and prove it was massaged to benefit corporate backers of Fox news.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]drunkpig wrote:

I L’d MAO. [/quote]

I just watched the video. That was the stupidest analysis I have ever heard. It didn’t even make any sense. There is a connection to muslim extremists and killing innocent people. There is no connection between nuts who go on a shooting rampage. What a moron.[/quote]
You obviously missed the point. Not surprised.[/quote]

There was no point to miss.

So you want me to prove that something doesn’t exist?[/quote]

No. I’ll ask my question again, as it can’t get any clearer:

Can you verify that the two “new sources” you listed do not receive corporate funding?

[quote]You believe they are controlled by corporations then prove it. Until you can then it doesn’t exist.
[/quote]

You are assuming something that isn’t true. I never used the word “control”. I simply asked if you can verify if those organizations di or did not receive corporate funding.

And no, your logical fallacy doesn’t pass the sniff test. First off, I made no claims, I have no burden of proof to prove anything. You made a claim, I asked for clarification…

So you want me to prove that something doesn’t exist?[/quote]

No. I’ll ask my question again, as it can’t get any clearer:

Can you verify that the two “new sources” you listed do not receive corporate funding?

[quote]You believe they are controlled by corporations then prove it. Until you can then it doesn’t exist.
[/quote]

You are assuming something that isn’t true. I never used the word “control”. I simply asked if you can verify if those organizations di or did not receive corporate funding.

And no, your logical fallacy doesn’t pass the sniff test. First off, I made no claims, I have no burden of proof to prove anything. You made a claim, I asked for clarification…[/quote]
I know this won’t be enough but here goes, The Real News Network - Wikipedia