T Nation

Founding Fathers' Biographies

Hey everyone.

I was just hoping some of the more well-read posters here could point me to what they consider really good, definitive biographies of our founding fathers. I’m particularly interested, at the moment, in George Washington, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson and Samuel Adams, not necessarily in that order.

I’m looking for something that is not limited to chronicling the events of their lives, but something that also delves into their personal values and beliefs.

I’ve poked around amazon but I’d rather work from your recommendations over those of someone I don’t know.

Thanks a lot.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Cool, thanks push!

Do you recommend the entire series, or feel that that book, in particular is worth reading more than the others? Or have you not read any of the others in the series?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Ben Franklin’s autobiography was very interesting.

Ron Chernow’s (sp?) book on Alexander Hamilton was good.

The politically incorrect guide to the founding fathers was pretty good. The best part about these are the references to other sources.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
Ben Franklin’s autobiography was very interesting.

Ron Chernow’s (sp?) book on Alexander Hamilton was good.

The politically incorrect guide to the founding fathers was pretty good. The best part about these are the references to other sources.[/quote]

Thanks, dhickey!

I think the biographies mentioned above should be mandatory reading for all entering politics. When that piece of shit from Illinois said he isn’t concerned about the Constitution, I fell over.