Found This Deadlift Video Funny

[quote]Tags wrote:
Doyle wrote:
I think this chick is from this site, she had a link from here to that video and to the one where she lifted it successfully.
She is obviously a good sport putting it up.
You are a dick for giving her shit about it, hope she comes after you :slight_smile:
nice lift, we all do shit that makes us look clumsy sometimes.

Bull shit, you dont put a vid like that up if you donā€™t want people having a good laugh at it. Its all in good fun I am sure, as it does happen to a lot of people, and I doubt sheā€™d be pissed at someone laughing at it.

Whatā€™s even funnier is that you guys are creating double standards and treating this girl differently because sheā€™s a girl, which is the opposite of your intentions. If it was a 16 yr old male who got all riled up before hand everyone on this site would have a comment for it.

[/quote]

i second your post

[quote]Westclock wrote:

474 pound one handed deadlift.

Apparently his right arm is injured and he has to work out without it.

Very impressive.
[/quote]

What.the.fuck?!

God, iā€™m so weak :frowning:

[quote]hoosegow wrote:
Is it pushmepullme? The only thing funny about it was her reaction and the wry grin on her face when she said it. [/quote]

Yeah, itā€™s pushmepullme. Her log is on the powerful women section. Itā€™s called Spin the Black Circle. Sheā€™s posted lots of great lifts. You guys should check it out.

she could have also fallen from loading the bar and just lost her balance. With gear on it can be surprising how the weight moves when you load the gear up especially with sumo. The same thing has happened to me.

Thatā€™s pushmepullme? I thought she was cool before, now Iā€™m really impressed.

[quote]Westclock wrote:

474 pound one handed deadlift.

Apparently his right arm is injured and he has to work out without it.

Very impressive.
[/quote]

Thats just plain obnoxious.

The dude leaning against the wall was totally unphased ā€“ probably thinking about which flavor PWO shake he was gonna have later.

Still, I know plenty of men that canā€™t pick up 315.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
The dude leaning against the wall was totally unphased ā€“ probably thinking about which flavor PWO shake he was gonna have later.

Still, I know plenty of men that canā€™t pick up 315.[/quote]

they all post in GAL

Eh, bite me, yā€™all.

Thatā€™s me, my first time trying 315. My gym tries to make you pull from pads, which compress and well, bad things happen. After that one, I said ā€œfuckitā€ and pull straight from the floor.

Iā€™ve successfully pulled 350 and did 365 reverse bands yesterday. Almost locked out 405 but not quiteā€¦yet.

Glad I could be here to amuse you!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and yā€™all missed the funniest part - during the fall, I hit my head on the bench behind me. I thought I might have a concussion, until I realized that my glasses had flown off.

Pulling on pads is bad, almost as bad as pulling in runners.

I tried to squat on a rubber mat because I was having trouble unracking and nearly had the same thing happen walking out. Probably would have been messier had I not been able to save it somehow.

nice socks :wink:

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Iā€™ve successfully pulled 350 and did 365 reverse bands yesterday.
[/quote]

That video made me nervous with that wall there after watching the blooper one. Great lifts!

Wait, hold up a minute guys. Look at that guy in the background squatting.

Good lift btw, pushmepullme. I like your socks.

[quote]Rasslore wrote:

Wait, hold up a minute guys. Look at that guy in the background squatting.

Good lift btw, pushmepullme. I like your socks.[/quote]

Yeah! Letā€™s make fun of him instead!

damn!!!

i thought she did bloody great. ive fucked ove r a few times too so i know the feeling. the deadlift video that made me laugh the most though? Horrible Form Deadlift - Brokeback Mountain lolz - YouTube

[quote]souldown wrote:
i thought she did bloody great. ive fucked ove r a few times too so i know the feeling. the deadlift video that made me laugh the most though? Horrible Form Deadlift - Brokeback Mountain lolz - YouTube [/quote]

wowā€¦what is going to go firstā€¦back or bicep tendon

Eh, bite me, yā€™all.

Thatā€™s me, my first time trying 315. My gym tries to make you pull from pads, which compress and well, bad things happen. After that one, I said ā€œfuckitā€ and pull straight from the floor.

Iā€™ve successfully pulled 350 and did 365 reverse bands yesterday. Almost locked out 405 but not quiteā€¦yet.

Glad I could be here to amuse you!

:-P[/quote]

I pull from a pad sometimes just for a different feel. I bought a pad that factory workers who have to stand all day use. At least a 20lb difference. I wouldnā€™t want to pull sumo on it though.

My gym tries to make you pull from pads, which compress and well, bad things happen.
:-P[/quote]

That is dangerous, wrong and ridiculous. I would tell them to STFU and then lift properly. You could probably waste them if they gave you any problems - especially with a five pound plate in your hand.

From the looks of it you could have easily lifted that weight if it were not for the compression of the padsā€¦