Forum Name Change

[quote]Modi wrote:
TC wrote:
rsg wrote:
etaco wrote:
Unless my eyes deceive me, it seems that the sorority is gone.

I remember TC saying he’s splitting it off this site.

Yes, MWA is its own site now.

Is it my imagination or did the Beginners section get thrown into the Bodybuilding forum? I thought it was a good idea for them to have a place to ask questions without fear of ridicule.[/quote]

Actually, I was hoping that they’d create a sub-forum in Beginners called Teen-T-Nation. That would give young and hubris filled a place to post MySpace style photos, use IM speak, posture and praise, and ask the same questions week after week (without fear of ridicule) or the (apparently unwelcome) suggestion that they actually read a bit before they post.

[quote]Modi wrote:
Is it my imagination or did the Beginners section get thrown into the Bodybuilding forum? I thought it was a good idea for them to have a place to ask questions without fear of ridicule.[/quote]

Having their own place didn’t seem to free them from ridicule for their questions.

Maybe the lack of a separate “Beginners” forum will mean fewer newbies will be motivated to set themselves up for ridicule from forum regulars. Now there’s a win-win-win situation.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
Modi wrote:
TC wrote:
rsg wrote:
etaco wrote:
Unless my eyes deceive me, it seems that the sorority is gone.

I remember TC saying he’s splitting it off this site.

Yes, MWA is its own site now.

Is it my imagination or did the Beginners section get thrown into the Bodybuilding forum? I thought it was a good idea for them to have a place to ask questions without fear of ridicule.

Actually, I was hoping that they’d create a sub-forum in Beginners called Teen-T-Nation. That would give young and hubris filled a place to post MySpace style photos, use IM speak, posture and praise, and ask the same questions week after week (without fear of ridicule) or the (apparently unwelcome) suggestion that they actually read a bit before they post.
[/quote]

bodybuilding.com already exists. :wink:

As a woman I have a different perspective on the changes. It seems as if T-Nation has decided that the female forums aren’t worthy of the attention for serious training and we’ve been sent “off-site”.

I thought the figure competitor section was a step in acknowledging women who train hard.

This site seems even less open for women now.

We can train like a man, but our training questions won’t enjoy the same status of men, or rather, we can’t ask female-specific questions on the main board but will need to go off-site.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
As a woman I have a different perspective on the changes. It seems as if T-Nation has decided that the female forums aren’t worthy of the attention for serious training and we’ve been sent “off-site”.

I thought the figure competitor section was a step in acknowledging women who train hard.

We can train like a man, but our training questions won’t enjoy the same status of men, or rather, we can’t ask female-specific questions on the main board but will need to go off-site.[/quote]

Sssssshhh… don’t have a valid point. It will ruin everything. Remember, this is apparently all about trolls, not women.

We can train like a man, but our training questions won’t enjoy the same status of men, or rather, we can’t ask female-specific questions on the main board but will need to go off-site.[/quote]

Up until relatively recently there wasn’t a women’s section at all. I wouldn’t complain…It seems that the forums are going back to the format of yesteryear

Why would you want men answering “female specific” questions instead of the tons of women figure and bodybuilding competitors who would be on the other site?

It looks like you’re saying “their” answers aren’t as good as “ours”. From what I’ve been seeing since the new Figure Competitor forum began, the majority of the posters there seemed to know a hell of a lot more than the majority here.

What’s stopping you? You can come here any time you want and chime in, just as men will go to the other site and join in. (Ask LowFatMatt for a banner at MWA so you can click to get to T-Nation.)

[EDIT: Actually, there’s already a T-Nation link at the top of MWA.]

People! Get a grip! All I do is click-click-click to get anywhere on this site…even to turn the freakin’ page on a thread. Why are extra mouse-clicks so daunting since 2 Fridays ago?

Now, if you want to start something: why do the women get a cool name like “With Attitude”? I think the men’s forum has much more attitude.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

We can train like a man, but our training questions won’t enjoy the same status of men, or rather, we can’t ask female-specific questions on the main board but will need to go off-site.

Sssssshhh… don’t have a valid point. It will ruin everything. Remember, this is apparently all about trolls, not women.[/quote]

EXACTLY!!!

what a “wag the dog” that all was.

I don’t really think you men were upset with sharing board space with us.

And now that I look at the situation, the forums are still linked. Your T-Nation login works at MWA, and the “Customize” button to turn On/Off the forums you want is the same one.

Since the T-Nation site no longer allows discussion after articles, shifting them to a forum thread, that means anyone who wants to use the MWA site actually gets ALL the article discussions, their own and the ones from T-Nation.

And if you like the title of the connected thread discussion, you can click on the link in the first post and go right to the article.

Site re-org? Or segregation? I’m sure the debate won’t end here, but I don’t think anyone is actually being prevented from accessing any information or prevented from asking an author a question.

eengrms76 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Sssssshhh… don’t have a valid point. It will ruin everything. Remember, this is apparently all about trolls, not women.

EXACTLY!!!

what a “wag the dog” that all was.

I don’t really think you men were upset with sharing board space with us.

[/quote]

We are going to miss you. I would rather the women stayed here.

[quote]TShaw wrote:
And now that I look at the situation, the forums are still linked. Your T-Nation login works at MWA, and the “Customize” button to turn On/Off the forums you want is the same one.

Since the T-Nation site no longer allows discussion after articles, shifting them to a forum thread, that means anyone who wants to use the MWA site actually gets ALL the article discussions, their own and the ones from T-Nation.

And if you like the title of the connected thread discussion, you can click on the link in the first post and go right to the article.

Site re-org? Or segregation? I’m sure the debate won’t end here, but I don’t think anyone is actually being prevented from accessing any information or prevented from asking an author a question.[/quote]

Why was it just the women’s forums?

Not all the articles are blocked.

You don’t have to click off-site to get to any of your forums.

I thought the problem was trolls.

I hope this debate doesn’t end here.

[quote]P-DOG wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Up until relatively recently there wasn’t a women’s section at all. I wouldn’t complain…It seems that the forums are going back to the format of yesteryear
[/quote]

Is that like, “Don’t complain about sitting in the back of the bus, it used to be you couldn’t ride at all?”

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Why would you want men answering “female specific” questions instead of the tons of women figure and bodybuilding competitors who would be on the other site?

It looks like you’re saying “their” answers aren’t as good as “ours”. From what I’ve been seeing since the new Figure Competitor forum began, the majority of the posters there seemed to know a hell of a lot more than the majority here.[/quote]

Are you saying MEN can’t answer “female specific” training questions?

I can understand what you are saying but if you had read my posts in the Figure Competitor forum you would know that I do ask for advice from women.

It has nothing to do with women not being able to answer questions.

It has to do with not the TROLLS but the women being kicked off the main board.

And TShaw… it isn’t that user friendly. If you are on that site and you click on message center, reply to a thread, answer a PM, it kicks you back to the main board and out of that “off-site” area for women.

SWR-1240 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

It looks like you’re saying “their” answers aren’t as good as “ours”. From what I’ve been seeing since the new Figure Competitor forum began, the majority of the posters there seemed to know a hell of a lot more than the majority here.

Are you saying MEN can’t answer “female specific” training questions?

I can understand what you are saying but if you had read my posts in the Figure Competitor forum you would know that I do ask for advice from women.

It has nothing to do with women not being able to answer questions.

It has to do with not the TROLLS but the women being kicked off the main board.

And TShaw… it isn’t that user friendly. If you are on that site and you click on message center, reply to a thread, answer a PM, it kicks you back to the main board and out of that “off-site” area for women.

[/quote]

Women aren’t being kicked out of the main board. They’re welcome on the main board AND they have another place to bond with other women.

You’re getting spoiled IMHO.

We don’t have a main board AND a men’s board. :wink:

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Women aren’t being kicked out of the main board. They’re welcome on the main board AND they have another place to bond with other women.

You’re getting spoiled IMHO.

We don’t have a main board AND a men’s board. ;)[/quote]

the humor is appreciated =)

BUT it is ALL a man’s board now.

This is just going to boil down to perception and opinion.

Can you really not see my point of where it might be offensive or at least dismissive to have only the female forums moved off-site?

Especially with all of the Hullabaloo over Trolls?

TShaw is right in that a “click” isn’t a big thing, but the men’s forums weren’t moved or given that extra click, just the women’s.

OctoberGirl, you know I love you. But the women getting their own site may be a good thing for T-Nation… the last place where Title IX doesn’t apply.

(Yea, I’m sexist. Sorry.)

And I have faith in TC to take this site where it needs to go… which seems as if that means a little simpler, and a little tougher.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:

We don’t have a main board AND a men’s board. ;)[/quote]

LOL… that’s like complaining we don’t have a white history month.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
OctoberGirl, you know I love you. But the women getting their own site may be a good thing for T-Nation… the last place where Title IX doesn’t apply.

And I have faith in TC to take this site where it needs to go… which seems as if that means a little simpler, and a little tougher.[/quote]

You suck

I curse you to remain sober and celibate for the rest of your life!

FightinIrish26 wrote:

And I have faith in TC to take this site where it needs to go… which seems as if that means a little simpler, and a little tougher.

You suck

I curse you to remain sober and celibate for the rest of your life!

[/quote]

HAHA.

Oh, you know me toooo well… what a life of torture that would be for me!