Fortified with Iron

[quote]giterdone wrote:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
I read randomly somewhere in the powerlifting forums that some dudes bench went up when he stopped doing tri isolation stuff and only did CG bench and whatnot.

YOUR OPINION IS NEEEDED ON THIS MATTER.

Thank you. [/quote]

You can probably find evidence that supports both sides. For example, Andy Bolton had a bench breakthrough when he stopped extension movements and just pressed. But then Louie Simmons said there was a lifter that did 100 band extensions every day and his bench went up 30lbs.

To hedge bets, probably the best approach is some heavy tri pressing in the 3-8 range and high rep stuff to get some size on. That’s what I’m going to do for now. But if I had to just pick one it would be close grip…flat, incline or to boards. OK, I guess that is 3.[/quote]

I’m going to try heavy CGB to a 2-board followed by lighter weight higher rep work for lock out strength once I finish my latest madness.

I am posting in here because in the few short weeks I have been lurking around the 0 35 section your log has always been on page 1.

I like routine :slight_smile:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
I am posting in here because in the few short weeks I have been lurking around the 0 35 section your log has always been on page 1.

I like routine :slight_smile: [/quote]

You are the sweetest person, ever.
I don’t understand why you aren’t regularly bitching about all the hot suitors that keep calling.
I believe you are a Stones fan…

Good news…I’m down a couple pounds in prep for my cruise coming up in April
Bad news…it’s hard to lose weight and get stronger at the same time. We’ll see

Good news…guys were here today to install heat pump, interior and exterior lights on shed
Bad news…couldn’t train because they were there late

Good news…that gave me a chance to eat extra and kill squats tomorrow night
Bad news…just got an email reminding me of this fucking painful board meeting I need to go to tomorrow night. fuuuuuuucccckkkkkkk. I should call in sick.

[quote]giterdone wrote:

[quote]JoeGood wrote:

I seem to get worse DOMS from box squats than from regular, even at light weights. Its very od.[/quote]

Maybe the box squats are working a weakness…which is a good thing. Where do you feel DOMS?[/quote]

Quad DOMS centered on the outside sweep just before it starts toward the knee, on both legs.

Once I’m done with the Smolov box swuats will be a part of my next routine in some form or fashion.

New log? In for the updates.

Why the name change? Are you done trying to be sexy(er)?

Funny about hedging your bets and I agree with that philosophy.

james

I’m just hedging my bets…in case I actually don’t get sexy(er)

I DO love the stones, thanks!! :slight_smile:

So you must be pretty eager to train already, huh? Maybe you’ll DOUBLE kill squats tomorrow if you have to put em off again.

Like the new log and the approach your taking git. Stay after it.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
I DO love the stones, thanks!! :slight_smile:

So you must be pretty eager to train already, huh? Maybe you’ll DOUBLE kill squats tomorrow if you have to put em off again. [/quote]

Going in for the double kill! Not sure if I can train tonight or not. If not, tomorrow I’m going to load up on crappy carbs and hit it hard.

[quote]Led wrote:
Like the new log and the approach your taking git. Stay after it.[/quote]

Thanks Led. Appreciate it. Just trying to stay on track and move forward.

[quote]giterdone wrote:
Good news…I’m down a couple pounds in prep for my cruise coming up in April
Bad news…it’s hard to lose weight and get stronger at the same time. We’ll see

Good news…guys were here today to install heat pump, interior and exterior lights on shed
Bad news…couldn’t train because they were there late

Good news…that gave me a chance to eat extra and kill squats tomorrow night
Bad news…just got an email reminding me of this fucking painful board meeting I need to go to tomorrow night. fuuuuuuucccckkkkkkk. I should call in sick.
[/quote]

I hate when life gets in the way of life.

all that pent up energy is sure to equal a monstrous day tomorrow though!

wooooohoooooo april cruise!

Week 7, Day 1, ME squats

• went off script and did whatever I wanted as long as it was hard
  • I was tight for time since I was expecting a call to go to the hospital
  • I was supposed to do good morning squats but wasn’t in the mood to learn something new and said fuck it
    Box squats
    135 x 2
    185 x 2
    225 x 2
    275 x 2
    315 x 1
    365 x 1
    385 x 1
    405 x 0…went for a 10lb PR. Felt good on the way down but came forward a bit off the box and couldn’t good morning it up. close though. Next time

Romanian DLs
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 5
435 x 5…probably a PR. Last rep was definitely a ME rep.

Squats
135 x 20

those are some big RDLs

nice work
nice squats too.

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
those are some big RDLs

nice work
nice squats too.[/quote]

Thanks Kev. I haven’t done RDLs is quite a while.
I need to change up a few things with the program. There is some equipment I don’t have (reverse hyper, GHR) and strictly following a program is getting under my skin.

Git is gettin’er dun.

RDL’s at 435… after box squatting… you’re an animal!!

UH OH! Home gym sounds like it needs a GHR…

You know, I feel like your name is actually Git. That would be kind of a weird name, but it sorta suits you.

[quote]ddot76 wrote:
Git is gettin’er dun.

RDL’s at 435… after box squatting… you’re an animal!![/quote]

Thanks brother. That’s a compliment from a 500lb DLer!

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
UH OH! Home gym sounds like it needs a GHR…

You know, I feel like your name is actually Git. That would be kind of a weird name, but it sorta suits you. [/quote]

There sure is lots of GHR love among PLers. But there are lots of super-strong dudes that don’t use one as far as I know…Mike Tuscherer (PL monster) and StormtheBeach (just pulled 815) come to mind. I’m conflicted.

And, if there can be a GOP candidate called Mitt, then I suppose I could be called Git. And what is Mitt short for anyway…Mitten? Cruel parents.

[quote]giterdone wrote:

[quote]ddot76 wrote:
Git is gettin’er dun.

RDL’s at 435… after box squatting… you’re an animal!![/quote]

Thanks brother. That’s a compliment from a 500lb DLer![/quote]

435 x 5 is beastly man… BEASTLY!