Forrest Griffin has AMAZING Cardio

Hopefully this stops the Silva GSP stuff.

I knew this was gonna happen. I can’t believe all the shit people talked about Anderson with the Thales fight and what not. He just fought what he should’ve. When people engage with Silva, they go down.
Watch all of Anderson Silva’s fights…it’s all like that.
Hell search Youtube for his Muay Thai fight a long time ago…same shit happens.
He is really just that good.

[quote]drewh wrote:
Hopefully this stops the Silva GSP stuff.[/quote]

Enter talk of Machida/Silva.

[quote]drewh wrote:
Hopefully this stops the Silva GSP stuff.[/quote]

I agree. As much as I like GSP, it would be bad for his health.

[quote]verdant wrote:
drewh wrote:

Enter talk of Machida/Silva.[/quote]

Don’t they train together? If so, no fight…unless one bangs the other’s girlfriend/wife. :slight_smile:

Who know maybe GSP could fight at 185 but he would be wise to approach doing so like Anderson. Anderson beat a former champ so Silva Machida isn’t absurd, but it will probably never happen unless there is some falling out.

Reports say Forrest broke his jaw and couldn’t hear out of his left ear and ran out to get treatment immediately.

[quote]mitchellh wrote:
as he’s running out of the ring…[/quote]

As far as I know, he had a dislocated jaw and couldn’t hear on that side either. Probably not the best condition to stay in the ring and chat…

:wink:

Edit: drewh was faster.

Silva is fighting like Roy Jones Jr. did in his heyday. Unfortunately athletes age and speed starts to go away eventually.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
verdant wrote:
drewh wrote:

Enter talk of Machida/Silva.

Don’t they train together? If so, no fight…unless one bangs the other’s girlfriend/wife. :)[/quote]

Dana White has been quoted saying that if it comes to it they’re going to have to fight. He is going to try and force them to fight to give the fans what they want to see.

Silva is an unbelievable fighter, but I wish he would quit fucking around. It’s cool that he can toy with people, keep his hands down, helping forest up when the action hadn’t been stopped, etc., but that just doesn’t interest me. I would rather see him treat it as a real fight and not a sparring session. If that means he ends the fight in 30sec, so be it.

This guy presents a real problem for the UFC. They haven’t been able to give him competitive fights on a regular basis. They really need to do whatever they can to get him the most competitive match-ups they can. Hoepfully Henderson provides this. He has been my favorite fighter since his early fights in the UFC, but I am a little worried. I would like to think he will have some sort of plan to get it to the ground and that he can cut off the ring to do so, but silva is pretty slippery and smack you a jaw a few times in process. I watched the fight in slowmo today, and he hit forest square on the jaw and incredible number of times. They may not have looked devistating while watching live but they were right on the button.

I would also like to see if Belfort can provide an interesting match-up. I have to beleive his boxing is better than forest’s.

I am not a huge boxing fan, nor have I ever trained in any kind of striking, but I saw some things that had me scratching my head. It seemed that forest was either striking while leaning back or coming straight forward and walking right into Silva. If you look at his kicks especially, it looks like he is preparing to retreat while throwing them, even though silva wasn’t coming in. Again, not a striker but is seems to me that this is not going to produce the best scoring opportunity. He had a few good combos against an advancing silva that barely missed the mark but unless he was rushing straight in, it looked to me like he was afraid to get tagged. Then he gets excited and comes straight in with his head down trying to force something.

My assessment of this fight is the same as the BJ/Florian and Machida/Evans fight. Forest did not look like himself. He looked like he was beat before the first punch was thrown. Could be that their apponents are just that much better, but in all cases it appeared to me that hype got to them. Maybe their is something to be said about not watching/reading any MMA media ala Lesnar and Fedor.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
Silva is an unbelievable fighter, but I wish he would quit fucking around. It’s cool that he can toy with people, keep his hands down, helping forest up when the action hadn’t been stopped, etc., but that just doesn’t interest me. I would rather see him treat it as a real fight and not a sparring session. If that means he ends the fight in 30sec, so be it.

This guy presents a real problem for the UFC. They haven’t been able to give him competitive fights on a regular basis. They really need to do whatever they can to get him the most competitive match-ups they can. Hoepfully Henderson provides this. He has been my favorite fighter since his early fights in the UFC, but I am a little worried. I would like to think he will have some sort of plan to get it to the ground and that he can cut off the ring to do so, but silva is pretty slippery and smack you a jaw a few times in process. I watched the fight in slowmo today, and he hit forest square on the jaw and incredible number of times. They may not have looked devistating while watching live but they were right on the button.

I would also like to see if Belfort can provide an interesting match-up. I have to beleive his boxing is better than forest’s.

I am not a huge boxing fan, nor have I ever trained in any kind of striking, but I saw some things that had me scratching my head. It seemed that forest was either striking while leaning back or coming straight forward and walking right into Silva. If you look at his kicks especially, it looks like he is preparing to retreat while throwing them, even though silva wasn’t coming in. Again, not a striker but is seems to me that this is not going to produce the best scoring opportunity. He had a few good combos against an advancing silva that barely missed the mark but unless he was rushing straight in, it looked to me like he was afraid to get tagged. Then he gets excited and comes straight in with his head down trying to force something.

My assessment of this fight is the same as the BJ/Florian and Machida/Evans fight. Forest did not look like himself. He looked like he was beat before the first punch was thrown. Could be that their apponents are just that much better, but in all cases it appeared to me that hype got to them. Maybe their is something to be said about not watching/reading any MMA media ala Lesnar and Fedor.[/quote]

You realize Henderson already got beat on by Silva right? Look, Griffin wins most of his fights on heart and the fact that everyone of his opponents seems to underestimate him. Heart ain’t enough against Silva. He was overmatched the second he signed to take the fight, and his face showed it walking into the cage. I agree with HawaiilifetrMike’s Roy Jones Jr. in his heyday comparison [my buddy and I said the same thing last night]. The guy’s untouchable right now, and as good as he is at middle he looks even better at 205. If anyone’s gonna beat him it’ll have to be an aggressive striker with knockout power and a serious chin. If Vitor Belfort can either regain his form or find a time machin we’re set.

[quote]dhickey wrote:

My assessment of this fight is the same as the BJ/Florian and Machida/Evans fight. Forest did not look like himself. He looked like he was beat before the first punch was thrown. Could be that their apponents are just that much better, but in all cases it appeared to me that hype got to them. Maybe their is something to be said about not watching/reading any MMA media ala Lesnar and Fedor.[/quote]

I don’t know…a busted ear drum and dislocated jaw are signs that a “real fight” happened…lol.

Silva is a proficient striker…Forrest having a “bad day” is not going to discredit the large gap in striking ability that Silva has over all of MW and probably most of LHW division. He’s just that good.

Forrest on his best day would have easily had the same outcome. Sucks that Silva made an example out of him for the “Silva sucks” crowd. But it was needed.

Silva and Machida have stated that they won’t fight each other, even though Dana White has voiced his displeasure with that stance. Though I’d like to see the fight, it could potentially be the most boring fight in history since they’re both precision counterstrikers. Plus since they’re friends, we may watch 5 full rounds with nothing but occasional leg kicks landing.

However, I think Machida would win that fight. Traditional karate stance ftw.

[quote]mrcold wrote:
Traditional karate stance ftw.[/quote]

Not against Silva. That fight could end up with them having a staring contest…or fireballs and energy blasts.

If Melvin Manhoef could get his shit together on the ground, he’d be a great addition to the UFC.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say this. Silva can beat Lesnar. Commence discussion!

[quote]Therizza wrote:
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say this. Silva can beat Lesnar. Commence discussion![/quote]

No way. I’m not a fan of Lesnar really, but he’s just way too fucking big. I think if some how Silva could keep the fight on the feet then yes he has a chance… but Silva won’t have any saying on where the fight will be. All Lesnar has to do is use his ENORMOUS size, he’s already a good wrestler so that will make it even worse and just lay ontop of him and bully him like he did Mir.

[quote]Therizza wrote:
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say this. Silva can beat Lesnar. Commence discussion![/quote]

My buddy and I were dicussing this last night. Obviously Lesnars size and wrestling would present a huge problem, but he’d have to catch him first and I don’t think he could do it. I honestly think everytime Lesnar went in Silva would backpeddle and light him up. As ridiculous as this may sound, I think he’d beat him too.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
I don’t know…a busted ear drum and dislocated jaw are signs that a “real fight” happened…lol.
[/quote]
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=9333&zoneid=13