T Nation

Former Lurker, Be Kind

Ok guys so i’m coming off of a bulk and i am in my second week of a keto diet. Keep in mind that it was very hard for me to bulk because i am a former fat bastard and i had that mentality keeping me back. I’ve made some great gains in the past year a lot of it was due to lurking here,

years training seriously 1 1/2 years
age-23
height-6’2
weight-210-212 lbs

Bench 205-4
squat 315-5
Deadlift 295-4 (this was last year haven’t gone heavy in awhile)

another one

front lat spread

back double biceps

What…oh my god…wait…is this a real one?

puts stupid cat pictures away

Holy crap!

As my priest used to say, show some more leg boy!

Good job by the way…keep it up.

physique obv needs work, but it seems like you’re doing it, so props for that!

To be honest at your size I would expect bigger lifts than that. You don’t look too small, yet only dead lifting 295 for 4?? Especially when you are weighing in at over 200lbs. I think you can push yourself harder. You look bigger than I did when I was deadlifting over 400lbs (although i did only weigh 175 at that time.) You can lift more than you are, believe me.

well as i said that was last year after coming off of a bad keto where i lost alot of muscle. i’m very sure i could do much more now, i just haven’t tried.

please learn how to pose…

leg shots?

why would you want to bulk when you were formally a fat bastard? i think you would get a lot further if you just ate clean most of the time. theres no need to bulk when you know you can gain excess bf easily. did you do any transition phase between bulking and your keto diet? if not, thats a god way to lose all your size and strength that you got from your bulk… just wondering…

keep up the hard work and that gym looks sweet

[quote]duddy wrote:

leg shots?

why would you want to bulk when you were formally a fat bastard? i think you would get a lot further if you just ate clean most of the time. theres no need to bulk when you know you can gain excess bf easily. did you do any transition phase between bulking and your keto diet? if not, thats a god way to lose all your size and strength that you got from your bulk… just wondering…

keep up the hard work and that gym looks sweet[/quote]

apologies on my bad posing. I bulked because i lost alot of size last year by doing keto wrong, this year i did do a transition phase where i slowly lowered my carb intake before stopping it completely, i only have some carbs PWO.

disagree with what someone said earlier… ur arms look fine

ur big weak point is ur back… u have no width to speak of… start laying on the weighted chins and bent over BB rows

[quote]duddy wrote:

leg shots?

keep up the hard work and that gym looks sweet[/quote]

Hmnnn, I don’t know why some people assume “bulk” means “eating shit” -lol. I figure if you’ve gained a decent amount of muscle in the past year, even if you got a little soft, than you should be patting yourself on the back. If you’re doing a full keto, good luck hanging on to muscle, but by incorporating post workout carbs, and some type of carb cycling, you can prevent a lot of the loss from happening.

The qarms and shoulders look solid, the back has some decent thickness, but you already know that at your height you will need a helluva lot more width. Don’t worry about your posing, some people forget that not everyone is so anal about how to properly display their muscles. Proper posing looks nice, but unless you plan to compete, don’t sweat it.

Keep going!

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
duddy wrote:

leg shots?

keep up the hard work and that gym looks sweet

Hmnnn, I don’t know why some people assume “bulk” means “eating shit” -lol. I figure if you’ve gained a decent amount of muscle in the past year, even if you got a little soft, than you should be patting yourself on the back. If you’re doing a full keto, good luck hanging on to muscle, but by incorporating post workout carbs, and some type of carb cycling, you can prevent a lot of the loss from happening.

The qarms and shoulders look solid, the back has some decent thickness, but you already know that at your height you will need a helluva lot more width. Don’t worry about your posing, some people forget that not everyone is so anal about how to properly display their muscles. Proper posing looks nice, but unless you plan to compete, don’t sweat it.

Keep going!

S
[/quote]

I hear ya bro! Bulk to me means 900mg/week Vitamin T and 5000 good clean calories a day!

OP you are looking pretty good, Legs, Legs and that back.

You got to get a well rounded program if you’re not using one. One that incorporates hitting each group equally 1st and then dial it in to specific needs.
Increasing your Lats will make a nice V and you will appear leaner and thinner. Anythign where you are pulling dead weight toward your body, rows, chins etc… They are of utmost importance.

The back and front pose make it look like you work your arms and shoulders a lot more than your chest/back. Maybe a specialization routine for back is in order?

Damnit, I wish they would make a sticky that said. “Don’t pinch your shoulder blades together for rear double bi’s”