T Nation

Former Competitive BBer Starting to Lift Again

Hi Christian, I'm a 43y old male with lots of health issue...... First I was an Italuan competitive Bodybuilder from 1996 til 2008 but since the end of 2008 I had health problem (lungs), which at the moment has only 35% of function, since then I could not lift anymore + I'm on life medication and that gave me diabetes t1 and osteoporosis... but lately I just restarted lifting again to help my bones and to gain weight... I will follow a full body workout 3-4 times a week not splits.....
No arm training because I have no much time for them.... I'm very limited and need to gain weight quickly because now I'm only 59kg compared to my 85kg with less then 3% of fat on stage in 2008, I'll admit that I was not natural at the time... Food intake is getting fixed, but with diabetes t1 weight gain is not easy and training its very important to achieve it... since I stopped training in 2008 I'll done only cardio and I look like shit.... I've restarted lifting about three month ago...
This is my training now... Let me know
Monday:
1)DB Squat 5x5
2)Stability Ball DB Chest Press 4x10-8
3)Behind the neck pull-ups 4x 15-12

Wednesday:
1)BB Bent Row 5x5
2)Seated DB Soulder Press 4x12-10
3)BB Romanian Deadlift 3x 20-15

Friday:
1)BB Floor Chest Press 5x5
2)Bulgarian Split Squat 4x20-15 x leg
3)Pull-ups weighted 3-4x 8-6

Saturday:
1a)Rings Elevated Push-ups 5x20-15
1min rest then
1b)Rings Inverted Row 5x20-15
3 min rest then repeat
2)DB One Leg Deadlift 4x20-15
3)DB Farmer's Walk 3x1 min

I'm using Stability Ball to help my muscle stiffness, and I substitute BB Squat to DB Squat to relieve the pressue on my lungs....
Rest between sets are 3-4 min due to my low oxygen saturation.... On Saturday il try to move faster with the first two exercise but not much, I do not want to faint....
Let me know
Best regards
Vinny

About the Christian Thibaudeau Coaching category