Form Critique

[quote]Ryan Pelletier wrote:

[quote]Larry10 wrote:
Hey man, I love your attitude, and Brandon Lilly is really making waves with his cube method right now. I haven’t looked into it, but I might after watching you train.[/quote]

For me personally it’s not my style of training. The longer I’m on the cube the more beat up I feel cause I can’t control the volume day to day and I also feel my bench and squat is weaker than when I started. But I’m also only training my legs two days a week instead of 4-8. I prefer training based off of prelipins table it’s my preference, If I can ever find a coach that does his training off of it, I’d jump on it without question[/quote]

Add Dennis Dickau on facebook, he actually lives in Edmonton, he handles a lot of the high level CPU lifters training, and prescribes modified sheiko routines, that he’s perfected himself.

I believe he charges 50 a month for his services.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
UHggg, so you mean if I front squat and deadlift on the same day I have to bring two pairs of shoes and change halfway through my workout? WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASSHOLE.

OR

What is more important, front squatting in oly shoes, or deadlifting in chucks? HMM?[/quote]

I sometimes have 3 pairs of shoes at the gym at one time lol. IMO deadlifting with flat shoes is more important than what you wear squatting. Could just be because I love deadlifts and hate squats though. Also you could wear your oly shoes for FS and just deadlift in yer socks.[/quote]

LMAO, I’ve been there man

I’ve had times were I was bringing a hockey bag to the gym. 2 belts, 3 pairs of shoes, gear if I was in it, 3 sets of knee wraps, 5 sets of wrist wraps, boards.

Two pairs of shoes are nothing.

[quote]Ryan Pelletier wrote:

Hey man, it’s a tough angle to really be able to see what’s going on, but overall I think your bench is good.

You use your legs a lot better than you let on, and I’d say you have great leg drive. Also, about the arch, I used to do a crazy heels up arch, but it just killed my low back before deadlifts, so I started using less arch and heels down, I’ve hit all my best benches this way.

It looks like you use your lats well, but it’s hard to tell. Is it something you think about?

If you could try to get a 45’ camera angle, and a few from the side sometime, it would really help me to help you out.

Either way, nice benching man, you’re a very complete lifter.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
UHggg, so you mean if I front squat and deadlift on the same day I have to bring two pairs of shoes and change halfway through my workout? WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASSHOLE.

OR

What is more important, front squatting in oly shoes, or deadlifting in chucks? HMM?[/quote]

I sometimes have 3 pairs of shoes at the gym at one time lol. IMO deadlifting with flat shoes is more important than what you wear squatting. Could just be because I love deadlifts and hate squats though. Also you could wear your oly shoes for FS and just deadlift in yer socks.[/quote]
I feel kind of ghetto with my bare feet for all lifts now!

that’s a hell of a practice man, keep pounding those out and whatever numbers you want are yours

Larry I think were both night owls…

I usually hit the hay around 1am, but I’m up before 7 usually… this has only been the last few months though, I was sleeping 10-11 hours a night for the last year… I was always tired tho, lately I just pop awake and have an hour napy during the day and feel great!

With <6 hours sleep behind you, I admire the polite tone in which you dish out advice! PS, check your inbox :wink: