Form Checks (Novice in Process)

I agree that G1 is textbook as far as his form goes. Which isn’t surprising given his profession and many, many years of experience under the bar and on the platform.

Bet you didn’t think a form check thread would digress like this, rfstef2!

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
I agree that G1 is textbook as far as his form goes. Which isn’t surprising given his profession and many, many years of experience under the bar and on the platform.

Bet you didn’t think a form check thread would digress like this, rfstef2![/quote]

I love hearing y’all discuss this. I am so interested in learning about squatting, benching, and deadlifting better and stronger. Thus, I am really glad this discussion has developed. PLUS, I rarely get to hear feedback from other female lifters about technique, etc. Additionally, I like your candid, assertive voice; it is a good example for other women, especially in a male dominated sport like powerlifting.

[quote]punnyguy wrote:
Imho, this is the “perfect” squat form. As far as depth, note that this gentleman got a red light (with two whites) for depth on his 3rd squat, although the fed he is squatting in is notorious for being very demanding when it comes to squat depth. (Note that he is wearing Olympic weightlifting shoes, someone else more knowledgeable can explain how that affects things if they want to.)

[/quote]
Very pretty music-- liked the squat too.

Thanks for this wisdom ouroboro_s. I appreciate it a lot and your and Ksnap’s feedback has helped put me at ease. I am a worrier by nature and lifting (as much as I love it) provides another opportunity for me to be a little neurotic.