T Nation

Form Check on Low-Bar Squat


#1

Wondering how to fix this stubborn buttwink...please only reply if you know what you are talking about, thanks!


#2

I realize the video came out sideways… go here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2vxQ57xmHs
for the same video flipped right-side up


#3

I see no serious issue concerning the but wink. I see some other flaws though.
-Work on the depth, you’re a few inches high.
-you seem not tight enough when standing with the barbell. Work on squeezing the glutes hard at the top.
-Hips are rising a bit faster than shoulders especially the last reps. Keep back tight and drive more with it.


#4

x2 on what kalb said. You might want to work on hip mobility. Google Kelly Starrett.


#5

Pretty good. I would say work on shifting the force to the outer portion of feet as you are ascending. Any good site/store to get box to squat at reasonable price?


#6

Was gonna offer some input here but you said “only reply if you know what you are talking about” and with your massive squat you must know WAY more than most of the people on this site. So there probably isn’t anything I could tell you that you don’t already know.


#7

[quote]tylerkeen42 wrote:
Was gonna offer some input here but you said “only reply if you know what you are talking about” and with your massive squat you must know WAY more than most of the people on this site. So there probably isn’t anything I could tell you that you don’t already know.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. I honestly don’t know if I know what I’m talking about!


#8

damn butt hurt much? I just didn’t want people who were unsure about the topic adding unnecessary comments… didn’t mean to come off as a know-it-all

[quote]tylerkeen42 wrote:
Was gonna offer some input here but you said “only reply if you know what you are talking about” and with your massive squat you must know WAY more than most of the people on this site. So there probably isn’t anything I could tell you that you don’t already know.[/quote]


#9

I will try that out today but I think the buttwink will only worsen if I go lower… and by push with the back do you mean the lower or upper back? Im guessing lower but just asking to be sure.


#10

[quote]kevinoliva wrote:
I will try that out today but I think the buttwink will only worsen if I go lower… and by push with the back do you mean the lower or upper back? Im guessing lower but just asking to be sure. [/quote]

Here


#11

I’ll give that a try before todays squatting sesh and post back.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]kevinoliva wrote:
I will try that out today but I think the buttwink will only worsen if I go lower… and by push with the back do you mean the lower or upper back? Im guessing lower but just asking to be sure. [/quote]

Here[/quote]


#12

Found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JBHzXF-mVjY
Ill give this a shot today before i squat

[quote]david s wrote:
x2 on what kalb said. You might want to work on hip mobility. Google Kelly Starrett.[/quote]


#13

Hows this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmecjQ14tZM&list=UU5e675vVTUBWYikjr8IJvrg& index=1

[quote]kalb wrote:
I see no serious issue concerning the but wink. I see some other flaws though.
-Work on the depth, you’re a few inches high.
-you seem not tight enough when standing with the barbell. Work on squeezing the glutes hard at the top.
-Hips are rising a bit faster than shoulders especially the last reps. Keep back tight and drive more with it.
[/quote]


#14

Look straight a head atleast with you looking at the ground you clearly your entire body slowly but surely moving in the direction your looking. The body goes where the head goes. Look up. At a light weight like that its not that bad but when you get closer to your 1rm ill bet money you revert right back to the upper back rounding and hips rising faster than the bar.

But to be fair I don’t know anything either so take it for what it is worth.


#15

Now i can see the rounding. Work on ur mobility