Form Check Dr. Darden's 30-10-30 - Leg Extension, Pullover

Leg Extension 30-10-30

@Ellington_Darden please check my form.

Pullover 30-10-30

@Ellington_Darden please check my form.

I watched you walk away from the 30-10-30 leg extensions like you were headed to get popcorn midway through the latest Top Gun movie. Your balance between intensity and form was off.

Almost any set of leg extensions is painful to experience – and watch. Whatever resistance you applied needed to be significantly more, perhaps 50% more. In fact, you need a seat belt to hold your hips in the correct position with a significant weight.

Your form on each rep is fine – but it ought to be with the resistance you used.

Again, you have to balance your form with the intensity. An excellent set of leg extensions is challenging to perform. Afterward, you would be sweating, with a high heart and breathing rate, and a definite stagger to your walk.

Please try again with those points in mind.

2 Likes

Once again, the same guidelines from the leg extension apply for your pullover performance. Your form is good. Now use the same style with 50% more resistance. And do that immediately after your leg extensions.

Do you get what I’m saying?

2 Likes

I do get what you are saying, thank you for the advice

Great. Now you can eat your popcorn and enjoy the movie.

2 Likes

As a matter of fact…i am going to the new ELVIS movie this afternoon

definitley gonna have some popcorn

Again, you have to balance your form with the intensity. An excellent set of leg extensions is challenging to perform. Afterward, you would be sweating, with a high heart and breathing rate, and a definite stagger to your walk.

To this day, nobody describes a properly performed set, or the effects thereof, better than Dr. Darden.

For my money, he is the most outstanding writer in the history of the iron game.

Thank you, Dr. Darden!

3 Likes

@fitafter40 Here’s a video of @pfit9 doing a 30-10-30 leg extension using good form with high intensity.

1 Like