Forgot to Sanitize the Rubber Stopper

Forgot to Sanitize the Rubber Stopper. I did my injection early this morning and completely forgot to sanitize the rubber stopper. It’s the first time I have ever forgotten to do this. Luckly I usually sanitize before and after each injection so hopefully there wasn’t too much bacteria on there.
So basically I have a couple of questions:

1. How long before an infection becomes noticable?
  2. If it does turn into an infection should I consider the contents of the bottle contaminated as well?
    Thank you in advance for any useful feedback

lol you’re probably fine…people are way overly cautiously about infections and stuff of that nature…not saying NOT to do it, but I definitely wouldnt worry about it

[quote]gelo wrote:
Forgot to Sanitize the Rubber Stopper. I did my injection early this morning and completely forgot to sanitize the rubber stopper. It’s the first time I have ever forgotten to do this. Luckly I usually sanitize before and after each injection so hopefully there wasn’t too much bacteria on there.

2. If it does turn into an infection should I consider the contents of the bottle contaminated as well?
    Thank you in advance for any useful feedback[/quote]

If by “sanitize” you mean wiping the rubber stopper with an alcohol prep pad, then you aren’t really “sanitizing” it anyway. You have nothing to worry about.

you gotta sanitize the rubber stopper?

thanks for all the feedback guys, all I know is it’s good procedure to swab the rubber stopper with alcohol before drawing up the medicine. I know I’m probably being a little paranoid but I just like to do things by the book. Sometimes shit happens though

I drew some test into a syringe the other day, took the pin off to change the needle, and dropped the fucking thing on the floor. I then panicked for about 10 seconds and thought “fuck it” and pinned it anyway.

I then spent the next two hours shitting my pants that I was going to get an abscess. So far, no abscess. Not a mistake I’ll make twice though

I know junkies who reuse their needles to no ends. To “clean” their needles of dried blood and dope they lick the needle, or “lick a shot” as they say. So far they have no abscesses either.

When I pin my oils though, I swab the rubber stopper every time I have to puncture it. I forgot a few times though and went thru the same panick

If your immune system isnt compromised and your environment is decently clean, it will be rare to experience any actual infections during your steroid career if youre 90% on point with the sanitation routine.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Tommorow I have another injection so I’ll be sure not to make the same mistake twice.

[quote]Moriarty wrote:

[quote]gelo wrote:

Thank you in advance for any useful feedback[/quote]

If by “sanitize” you mean wiping the rubber stopper with an alcohol prep pad, then you aren’t really “sanitizing” it anyway. You have nothing to worry about.[/quote]

I agree that, unless you let the alcohol dry, you are primarily acting to dilute the bacterial concentration, but alcohol rub sanitizers containing 70% alcohol kill 3.5 log10 (99.9%) of the bacteria on hands 30 seconds after application and 4 to 5 log10 (99.99 to 99.999%) of the bacteria on hands 1 minute after application.

If it works on your skin, surely it works on a rubber stopper.

Rotter M. (1999). “Hand washing and hand disinfection”. Hospital epidemiology and infection control 87.

Well, it’s been 3 days and the area is not red or swollen so I think I’m in the clear. Definately going to be more carefull from now on.

Remember the best defense to infection is basic cleanliness and good health.

No health reserves, no sense cycling.

just dont make a habit out of it