Forget About Heavy Weights To Gain Muscle

[quote]alit4 wrote:
what does this mean?

“Ã??Ã?¢?Ã???Ã??Ã?¦Ã???Ã??Ã?¢?Ã???Ã??”

i just can’t read posts full of this, don’t make sense and hurts my eyes. someone please explain.[/quote]

It comes from copying and pasting from outside of T-Nation.

lmao, those are not my views, I thought it would be obvious by linking to the original.

Turns out the author of that is actually selling one of those ebooks you pay to download.
www.fromskinnytomuscular.com

“Discover How a Skinny Hardgainer Was Able To Go From a 147 Pounds To 230 Powerful, Muscular Pounds All Without Any Supplements…While Eating Any Food He Wanted (and Eating Very Little Protein)…Helping Him Become a Firefighter!”

Funny how theres not one single picture of his claimed transformation on his website.

Where’s the pics J.Perez and that’s the crappiest website I have ever seen.

[quote]Mr.Purple wrote:
DOHCrazy wrote:
Too long. Didn’t read.

Yes. Also, you can tell after the first line that it’s going to be a one way trip to full retard.[/quote]

show me one person who can dead over 500 pounds and hasnt got a thick back, lift big, eat big and u will get big. ur non functional hypertrophy talk is making me feel sick

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
alit4 wrote:
what does this mean?

“Ã???Ã??Ã?¢?Ã???Ã???Ã??Ã?¦Ã???Ã???Ã??Ã?¢?Ã???Ã???”

i just can’t read posts full of this, don’t make sense and hurts my eyes. someone please explain.

It comes from copying and pasting from outside of T-Nation.[/quote]

thanks.

“If you use heavy weights (that cause you to fail at 10 reps or less per set), you are only going to tap into a small percentage of all the available fibers you have in that muscle.”

Interesting thought. I had no idea max weights only recruit about 3% of the muscle fibers and that 50 rep pink dumbbell curls apparently use all the fibers.

Maybe freedom of speech isn’t such a good thing after all. The FSB would have gone over and slapped him.

Hahaha… Hilarious.
Nominal Prospect must have been the author…

Wow. This thread is on the “Most Popular Pages” list.

of course you don’t have to lift heavy to gain muscle!

proof:

[quote]tard:

Sure, a powerlifter may weigh 100 pounds more than a bodybuilder, but we all know that half of a powerlifter�??�?�¢??s body weight is fat. [/quote]

To the tard… err, OP. Half the weight is fat? If the human body weight is typically 50% to 60% water weight, how the fuck is 50% of a powerlifter’s weight being fat even fucking possible? Unless they are Dr. Who’s Adipose aliens instead of humans, that’s a bit of a retarded stretch.

This thread must fall in flames, like the Hindenburg.

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:
WHAT You Eat is NOT That Important in Determining the Amount of Weight You Gain or Muscle You Build!
Before you begin to doubt the sentence you just read, take a good look at PRISONERS:

1. Prisoners only eat 3 or 4 times a day.

2. Prisoners have no choice as to what types of food they eat.

3. Their meals are not very nutritious according to "popular" standards.

4. Their meals are high in carbohydrates, and are low in protein.

5. The little protein they eat is not the "ion-exchange" high-priced whey, and most of the time it's considered "mystery meat".

6. Prisoners don't use any kind of supplements whatsoever.

However, prisoners are some of the most muscular, most massive, most well-defined, most powerful individuals! No doubt about it!

That alone should make it obvious that what you eat almost has no affect on your muscle building progress.

Lol read this off his site.

He also had creatine and amino acids on his “worthless supplement’s list”. Yeah cause they’re EVIL!
[/quote]

Where to begin… as a C.O. I see “prisoners” more than I’d like to. They eat 3 times a day, and the meals are all approved by a nutritionist, so I’d agree hardly what those on this site would want to have. No way are these people the most muscular, massive or well defined. Most do gain some muscle as a result of not being on crack, meth, or being just too poor to eat well. They then go on to get fat and lazy in about 90% of cases. The ones that don’t spend a freakish amount of time working out because, hey, what else is there to do?

In general, any benefits these guys see is precisely because of diet improving, lifestyle improving and actually getting medical care.

I can’t believe I was too late to respond to the “full retard” comment.
I have to say, bringing an article such as this to the forum is a brave move. Unfortunately like a lot of the other guys here I’ve read many articles which note the benefits of using heavier weights for lower sets and I feel their argument/information is put forward FAR more convincingly than the shambles that this article is.

Hilarious. It helped him to become a firefighter? Right, because everyone knows fire departments look for guys who have big muscles but aren’t strong.

[quote]Berserkergang wrote:

proof:

- YouTube [/quote]

Best build I’ve ever seen.

Cool, another synthol idiot.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Cool, another synthol idiot.[/quote]

i was gonna say, how the fuck did his traps and shoulders get so deformed?

[quote]JPuxHenri wrote:
Berserkergang wrote:

proof:

Best build I’ve ever seen.[/quote]

LMFAO

My god that guy looks like he had breast implants inserted all over his body - he looks like an idiot yet he seems to be proud of that as well…

His chest looks more like a pair of boobs than pecks, funniest thing i’ve seen in ages.

[quote]Berserkergang wrote:

proof:

I just puked in my mouth…

Is he saying: “Don’t lift big weights. That’s dangerous!” in the video? :wink: