T Nation

Forever hungry

Hi friends,

Im slowly ramping up my training in the attempt to getting ready for another soccer season, and I have tunrned into a eating machine. Trying the 3 big meals a day as reccommended by CT, but have found this impossible. I eat each meal until I can no longer eat, but still became hungry 2 hours later. I have been eating clean. Even this morning I woke up at 3 with a urge to eat, so I tucked in to my secret emergency stack of protein bars.

How can I stop been so hungry?

tweet

Eat. If you’re lifting and playing a lot of soccer, you’re probably going to have to get the cals in with more meals. I’m a fan of intermittent fasting and not eating all the time, but I work in an office most of the day and only train hard 3 times a week. I can eat 3-4 thousand cals in an 8 hour window. You’re going to have to get the cals in by eating more often or eating more calorie dense foods or both. Have some ice cream and peanut butter and stop eating like a bird.

I feel your pain bro…I just never feel satisfied anymore… :\

These threads are purely for attention.

You have close to 1500 posts and you have never heard of a single appetite suppressor?

Try eating smaller (I didn’t say small!) and more frequent meals rather than 3 a day then.

Try playing with your macros. A low carb diet leaves me much less hungry hours later than a high carb diet does, keeping total calories equal.

I think I just need to eat more.

Whats the go with hunger suppresors? How do they work? Any side effects? I didnt think they were a common thing?

tweet

Try Metformin.

the real issue is deciding between hunger: physiologically driven, and appetite: psychologically driven. Hormones play a large role in hunger, i.e. ghrelin and leptin. however, odds of you having an issue/abnormality is probably rare

calculate BMR and adjust for activity rates, above that i would attribute to psychology of eating.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

You have close to 1500 posts and you have never heard of a single appetite suppressor?[/quote]
I think the best appetite suppressor for the bird would be food.

Professor X has written about this a million times. If you can’t get all the necessary food in in 3 meals, eat more meals. Not exactly rocket science, is it?

Purely for attention indeed.

[quote]kakno wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

You have close to 1500 posts and you have never heard of a single appetite suppressor?[/quote]
I think the best appetite suppressor for the bird would be food.

Professor X has written about this a million times. If you can’t get all the necessary food in in 3 meals, eat more meals. Not exactly rocket science, is it?

Purely for attention indeed.[/quote]

No, not for attention. Have you read CTs latest article about eating 3 meals a day? I had tried to cut dowm my meals from 6 times a day to 4 times a day… and I am finding the transition difficult.

That is all. Proceed gentlemen.

tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:
No, not for attention. Have you read CTs latest article about eating 3 meals a day? I had tried to cut dowm my meals from 6 times a day to 4 times a day… and I am finding the transition difficult.

I’M GAY[/quote]

Anyway… This has been covered HUNDREDS of times. No I have not read CT’s article. Post a link. Why is 3 a magic number? It isnt. 6 meals a day is fine.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:

I’M GAY[/quote]

Anyway… This has been covered HUNDREDS of times. No I have not read CT’s article. Post a link. Why is 3 a magic number? It isnt. 6 meals a day is fine.[/quote]

Eating frequently reduces your insulin sensitivty, there are a few studies around if you look for them on pubmed or something.

Was an article by TC. Not CT.

He ate 6 meals a day for 20+ years, so I don’t think doing it to help gain weight, in the short term is going to turn you into a diabetic.

Bird - surely you know of calorie dense foods to eat.

[quote]facko wrote:
I feel your pain bro…I just never feel satisfied anymore… :[/quote]

You are constantly dieting. Issue solved.

Bird, eat more–you’re spending all day exercising, so expect to have to pay your dues because of it.

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:
I feel your pain bro…I just never feel satisfied anymore… :[/quote]

You are constantly dieting. Issue solved.
[/quote]

…and the church says, “A men”.

eat a 'Roo for breakfast