Forever Alone

Oleena, I posted my workouts and meals for today in my “Solitude” log, going to try to figure out the score…

2busy- I gotcha.

BTW, my post for today turned out way too long in my excitement. Here are the cliff notes:

I bought a home gym, did school, did exercises, and ate stuff.

Leena,

I should advise you that due to the absolutely retarded government here… That same warning is posted at STARBUCKS. Because the state of VS (EDIT: CA THIS SHOULD SAY THE STATE OF CA - still getting used to new phone) “aware” that roasting coffee beansis a horrendous cancer risk. Pft

Not saying that’s what’s up but a warning label from the state of.California need not be viewed as Hellas ominously.

Brilliant job on the pull-ups. I wish I didn’t have such a heavy lower body to haul up there - my pull-ups suck.

Regarding hair, have you thought about going no 'poo? It takes time for the hair to adjust but after a while it becomes so much more manageable. Mine used to get flyaway as soon as I washed it, then was OK (ish) for one day before turning into a gross oil slick. But now it’s really easy, has loads of body and I don’t need to use any styling product to make it do what I want it to.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
Leena,

I should advise you that due to the absolutely retarded government here… That same warning is posted at STARBUCKS. Because the state of VS"aware" that roasting coffee beansis a horrendous cancer risk. Pft

Not saying that’s what’s up but a warning label from the state of.California need not be viewed as Hellas ominously.[/quote]

Is that all of the Starbuck’s coffee beans or just the decaf ones? If the decaf ones use a chemical process to remove the caffiene and mess up just a little bit on thoroughly removing the chemicals afterwards, they really are a cancer risk. I got to play with the de-caffeinating process last semester in organic chemistry. It does involve some pretty hazardous chemicals.

I’m curious what test California uses to establish which chemicals they include on the cancer-causing list. We’ve been learning about those tests in genetics and they’re pretty straightforward. You could do them in your basement with the right chemicals and a couple petri dishes.

[quote]Cal Jones wrote:
Brilliant job on the pull-ups. I wish I didn’t have such a heavy lower body to haul up there - my pull-ups suck.

Regarding hair, have you thought about going no 'poo? It takes time for the hair to adjust but after a while it becomes so much more manageable. Mine used to get flyaway as soon as I washed it, then was OK (ish) for one day before turning into a gross oil slick. But now it’s really easy, has loads of body and I don’t need to use any styling product to make it do what I want it to. [/quote]

Funny you should mention this. I recently tried to switch to baking soda and vinegar for shampoo and conditioner. Over the course of three weeks, my hair became increasingly dull, frizzy, and dry. I just recently switch back onto shampoo and conditioner and it’s much more soft and smooth now. It does better with shampoo and conditioner than with hardly anything.

[quote]Oleena wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
Leena,

I should advise you that due to the absolutely retarded government here… That same warning is posted at STARBUCKS. Because the state of VS"aware" that roasting coffee beansis a horrendous cancer risk. Pft

Not saying that’s what’s up but a warning label from the state of.California need not be viewed as Hellas ominously.[/quote]

Is that all of the Starbuck’s coffee beans or just the decaf ones? If the decaf ones use a chemical process to remove the caffiene and mess up just a little bit on thoroughly removing the chemicals afterwards, they really are a cancer risk. I got to play with the de-caffeinating process last semester in organic chemistry. It does involve some pretty hazardous chemicals.

I’m curious what test California uses to establish which chemicals they include on the cancer-causing list. We’ve been learning about those tests in genetics and they’re pretty straightforward. You could do them in your basement with the right chemicals and a couple petri dishes. [/quote]

Hmn… I dunno! I just see the sign posted by the splenda area LOL.
Um, see how my phone subsittuted VS (Victorias Secret) for CA? LOL Phone know me already!

It took me longer than three weeks to get it in good shape, to be honest. It’s like going on low carb after a lifetime of crappy food - your body doesn’t adjust immediately and you’ll spend some time feeling like crap. Same with the hair.

Oleena trains too?

damn -

who’d’ve thunkit?

glad to have you around, O -

[quote]Edgy wrote:
Oleena trains too?

damn -

who’d’ve thunkit?

glad to have you around, O - [/quote]

Sometime you just have to get to know people :wink:

Today I had classes and the genetics test, volunteered with the horse program, and just returned from a study session for biochem. The biochem session was surprisingly productive given the amount of goofing around that transpired. I’ve finally run into some dudes who remind me of the good old high school days of hyperactive nerds. I laughed so much it’s amazing I learned anything.

Also, during the volunteer session, which was actually pretty dull, one of the girls I’m working with was asked to point out the horses’ withers (which is the knobby top of the shoulder where the neck joins the back). She pointed to the right place and said “That’s them. I remember because that’s where the wings would go on a pegasus.” Awesome.

breakfast: +25

lunch: +20 (no veggies)

Dinner: +25

Man, I just haven’t been hungry today. It’s been too busy and that lunch consisted of as much chicken breast, nuts, and apple as I could make myself eat. I will say that today was easier than many other days in terms of not eating any junk food. Junk food puts me straight to sleep. When I’m this busy, eating right does more for me than an energy drink.

Daily total: +70

Yah can’t win them all. Good day but I still can’t wait for this test series to be over.

In memory of today.

[quote]Cal Jones wrote:
It took me longer than three weeks to get it in good shape, to be honest. It’s like going on low carb after a lifetime of crappy food - your body doesn’t adjust immediately and you’ll spend some time feeling like crap. Same with the hair.[/quote]

I dunno. I’m not convinced that the going without shampoo thing is all that great. My hair doesn’t get super greasy as is. I normally go three days between washes. It has so much more shine and smoothness with shampoo and conditioner than it did for those three weeks. I don’t think I could put in a month and a half of shit hair to find out whether or not it pays off in the end.

Today was terrible on all levels. We had a snow day a couple weeks back, which resulted in my evolution lab being cancelled. Instead of cancelling the lab, they just decided we should do it on our own in addition to last weeks lab and turn them both in this week. So, twice the amount of work in the ONE WEEK when I had FOUR FUCKING TESTS. In addition, the lab manual is an ambiguous work and the TA decided this would be a good week to go out of town to a conference.

So I spent most of today trying to figure out whether or not I know enough biochem to pass the test tomorrow while simultaneously trying to decode what I’m supposed to do for these two lab reports that are due in two days. On one hand, the TA has been extremely responsive through email. On the other, I’m not sure I’m really going to get the calculations part unless I can sit down with her. I just wish all lab manuals were written like the chemistry ones.

In the mean time, I ate shit food and did nothing.

The saddest part of this whole deal is that I LIKE the evolution class. It’s the most interesting, applicable stuff I’m learning about right now. Unfortunately, I will only have 3 days to devote to studying for it’s tests, thanks to all of these other ones.

At this point I’m just hoping I don’t fail. And that there are no more snow days.

Food:
Breakfast: +20pts

Lunch: -5pts

Dinner:+ 15pts
-5pts

total: 25pts

Tomorrow I need to get back on top.

We all have crappy days. I’m more vulnerable to eating indulgently when I’m tired, cold or a bit down.
Try to get enough sleep - you’ll feel better about things once you’re rested.

[quote]Cal Jones wrote:
We all have crappy days. I’m more vulnerable to eating indulgently when I’m tired, cold or a bit down.
Try to get enough sleep - you’ll feel better about things once you’re rested.[/quote]

Yeah this try no to let the stress rob you of your sleep.

Cute little parakeet for the awwws.

I’m sure there are no complaints about you being on top, lol

Yesterday is gone, attack today with a vengeance!

Ugh. Day sounds craptacular… Bear with me here, sometimes I’m dumb… is it a matter of the number of units you are taking? Can anything be done to reduce? You are CLEARLY putting in maximum effort but may have yourself in an inwinnable situation.

Here are some lovely owls.
This always makes me smile.

Hallowed- It is the number of units and I don’t think there’s anything I can do about it if I want to graduate at the end of next semester. I’m taking 18 credits, but if I drop any of those, I will be missing requirements for the classes I need to graduate next semester. So if I fail, graduation will be postponed. I’m crossing my fingers.

The good news is that I’ve finished and done very well on 3 of the tests so far. The biochem test was basically the EXACT test he assigned two years ago that we were able to use for practice, except for 3 questions, 2 of which I’m sure I got right. So easy win there. The other two were much better than I expected. Also, I got my first round of graded quizzes back from the genetic’s recitation and it turns out I scored a 9.5 out of 10 on both of them. This was actually the most surprising score of my week, especially because I felt like I missed half of the questions when I turned them in, and she warned the section that the average on both quizzes was around a 60%.

Now onto evolution.

2busy-Thanks :slight_smile: Today has been better on all levels.

Charlie- I love the little budgie on the ball video! My friend posted the full length thing on my FB wall and it never ceases to make me smile.

Cal- thanks. Luckily I have been sleeping well. Another lucky thing is the fish oil seems to have worked for eliminating all pain this month, which means I have a lot more energy than normal right now.

Eats:

Breakfast: +25

Lunch: +25

DAMN. 18 units IS ALOT ALOT ALOT. I remember that from my olden days.

Based on this update - I think what you have is a situation that you WILL survive and WILL pull off… it will just be nasty hard at times and would conquer the will of mere mortals. You, thee Leena, shall prevail.

I loved biochem…

But I HATED labs!!! Ugh! 3-4 hour craziness. Two in one hell week? I hurt for you.

Next week, it will alllll be over. Hang in there!