Forever Alone

2busy- The sequencing and hybridization parts of genetics have been easier for me, so far, because I’ve already completed some of it working in a plant lab. For work, I take thousands of pictures of organelles in plant phloem that were tagged with GFP. It’s the best job you could ask for while attending school; the hours are completely flexible, I get to be by myself, and I can listen to my ipod while doing it.

What is your daughter’s major?

[quote]Oleena wrote:
2busy- The sequencing and hybridization parts of genetics have been easier for me, so far, because I’ve already completed some of it working in a plant lab. For work, I take thousands of pictures of organelles in plant phloem that were tagged with GFP. It’s the best job you could ask for while attending school; the hours are completely flexible, I get to be by myself, and I can listen to my ipod while doing it.

What is your daughter’s major?[/quote]

Sounds like a win for you on your job!

Daughter’s going for a Biology major.

Pullup video, since I think I had a few doubters a year ago when I said I was doing 15+. I now do 9 per day with my daily exercises. I’m working back up, after not working out for nearly a year last year because of school.

Today I did daily exercises, plus chest workout, which was upright DB bench press, cable press, fly, and bar dips, 4 sets each of 8-12 reps. I’m working on getting size back. +35

Also ate a subsandwich my boyfriend left in the fridge -5
and a pear +5

lol. The soundtrack to this video is awesome.

lol. The first video post attempt was a fail, so I uploaded it onto youtube and posted it above. It’s kind of funny because I was going for sexy with the shirt off, but between the bathroom fan, the bird tweeting, Shot Caller playing, and me grunting while looking like casper, I think I might have missed.

[quote]Oleena wrote:
lol. The first video post attempt was a fail, so I uploaded it onto youtube and posted it above. It’s kind of funny because I was going for sexy with the shirt off, but between the bathroom fan, the bird tweeting, Shot Caller playing, and me grunting while looking like casper, I think I might have missed.[/quote]

I don’t think you missed the mark. I think the toilet and bird add a certain je ne c’est quoi.

Seriously nice pull ups. Do you normally do neutral grip? For some reason I find them stronger and duct taped pipes on my rack so I can do them.

[quote]Oleena wrote:
lol. The first video post attempt was a fail, so I uploaded it onto youtube and posted it above. It’s kind of funny because I was going for sexy with the shirt off, but between the bathroom fan, the bird tweeting, Shot Caller playing, and me grunting while looking like casper, I think I might have missed.[/quote]

There was a bird tweeting???

You didn’t miss, lol

[quote]Oleena wrote:

Nope, you pretty much hit the mark…there could have been an episode of all in the family playing on a 12 inch TV on the toilet. It would have been close but you still would have hit the mark! Awesome chins.

Ouro- Thanks :slight_smile: I do neutral pullups with my daily exercises because the point of the exercises is to get enough cardio in so I don’t have to devote training time to it. So, I’m working up to 100 reps of air squats, lunges (al on one leg, then all on the other), single-leg calf-raises (because I have the tiniest calves in the world), pushups, and pullups. Right now I’m at 70 reps of the leg movements, 32 pushups, and 9 pullups. I’m sweating balls when I finish and it takes about 13 minutes. I figure that by the time I get to 100 on the legs, 50 on the pushups and 20 on the pullups, that will be about 15 minutes a day and I’ll never have to worry about cardio again. In my regular workouts, I do wide-grip pullups.

2busy- Good to hear.

Hara- Oh hi there. I’ve never seen you around these parts.

Dinner: HUGE plate of beef spagetti after workout. Because it’s after the workout, I count the noodles as healthy carbs) +25pts (beef, carbs, fat from beef, carrots I munched while making it).

Daily total: 100pts.

I usually train alone during the week, I’m the only person who can ride myself the way I need it. Me or my mister. Weekends I usually train with mister and maybe once during the week I’ll head down to the mister’s work for a session with one of his clients… this one chick I train with, I ALWAYS have to one up her. Great motivation. But finding a regular training partner, thats a chick, is practically impossible here. None of them weight train. They don’t want to “get big”. I’m like “Puhhhleease…” I takes too much energy to explain it to them. They just wanna do Zumba…

nice full rom pullups. I’m properly impressed.

Oleena: Nice pullups! You’re back is beautiful and your hair–damn–I would kill for those locks! So, you’re busy with school, that’s probably enough, but I’ll ask anyway do you have any goals with your training?

merrysailor- Yeah I’ve pretty much given up on it.

nlmain- Thanks:)

Nadia- Thank you. I don’t think you’d actually want my hair. It’s kind of wavy, kind of curly, and kind of frizzy. Plus, it’s gotten worse of late, for some reason. Basically, it’s high maintenance hair and I’m not a high maintenance woman. I’m planning on chopping half of it off this year. When it comes to hair, I would kill for Dasher’s.

Today:

breakfast: PN beef stirfry+fish oil=+25
lunch PN beef stirfry+rice=+25
mid-day small bag potato chips -5
daily exercises and quad workout involving “heavy” front squats (I’m so weak at this point we’re not mentioning weights), close-stance leg press, leg extension, and split squats. 4-5 sets a piece of 10-15 reps on everything except the front squats.

After-workout dinner- 2 HUGE helpings of PN beef stirfry+rice= +25pts
+35 for activities

DAILY TOTAL: 105

Nadia- Regarding training goals, right now I’m focusing on making the gym a habit. Once I’ve been consistent for 3 months (and hopefully gotten back to where I was), I’ll set some goals.

Oh yeah! And my calves are growing!!! I used to be able to put my hands around the thickest part of them and overlap my thumbs, and now I can no longer touch the thumbs on my left side and still touch, but not overlap, on the right. I think my foot flexibility is slightly better on my left side, leading to better range of motion, which is why it’s growing faster, so I’m focusing on fully extending the right. But it’s nice to know that they’re capable of growth :slight_smile:

Uh, nope. No fail on the shmexxxy.

GOTTDAMN!!! I almost fainted.

The famous panties will be back… hmn, maybe right now? Its suuuuuch an old pic!

Your hair, back, ass, skin, entire body & cute little noises are all mind-blowingly hot.

Aw thanks Hallowed :slight_smile: This coming from one of the sexiest women ever.

Last night I was ravenously hungry. RAVENOUS!!! I had:

protein shake 2 scoops+ big spoonful peanutbutter (yes, the store-grind-it-yourself-health-freak kind) +15

Then I woke up dying of hunger at 4am. At a handful of almonds and went back to bed. +5
I also took more fish oil last night because I double up on “that time of the month” +5 It helps A LOT. It takes the pain from a 9 to a 4-5. I recommend that every woman who suffers once a month try it (fish oil every day, at least 1-2x recommended dosage, then 2-3x dosage during that week).

I’m really curious why it does that, but I don’t have time to research it right now.

Breakfast= PN curried split peas+ grilled chicken breast (I <3 my George Foreman).+25

I woke up at six this morning to do a skype study session with a dude I’ve been studying with for the past year. He kind of reminds me of what my little brother would be like if he was raised by a more normal mother. He’s one of two guys I met my first year here when they were freshman. They’re very cute, innocent, respectful, and nerdy. We’ve had at least on class together for a year and a half now and I’ve tried studying with other people, but no one gets shit done like these boys. I’m lucky I met them.

I was impressed with the pull ups on the last page although the video being sideways and all was giving me a headache from turning my head :slight_smile:

Today has been fabulous! I’m still studying me ass off for three exams (biochem, genetics, and evolution). I took the first test of the four-test batch this afternoon. It went well, but half of the class was coughing, phleming and sniffling constantly for the entire time I was there. Gross and annoying as hell.

So I get home and start making a flashcard set for biochem while simultaneously looking around for some home lifting equipment. By the time the boyfriend’s gets home, I’ve got the entire four weeks of class in the ipad flashcard program and am going back and forth with myself over whether or not to get these:

He looks over my shoulder and tells me “I’ll get you those for Christmas”. I’m like “Really?” and he’s like “Yeah, this way I don’t have to go shopping.” LMAO. I can’t think of anything I’d rather have and he think this is the best Christmas shopping experience he’s ever had.

So I’m excited beyond belief. If today was happening a week from now, I’d be lifting weights tonight. As it is, I’m doing exercises at home because don’t have 2 hours of free time to drive to the gym and do a full workout. It’s going to be awesome.

Sadly, I wont be getting the floor matting, as this warning comes on all of them:

“This product contains one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm”

What’s the point of getting it to look good if your kids are going to be special? Why are they even allowed to sell these things?

string cheese +5

steak, apple, nuts, broccoli+25

protein shake and apple +15

protein shake+nuts +15

exercises +10

(these are not in order)

Daily total (including breakfast and shakes last night):

And to complete the day, Hallowed is back in her famous underwear! Such a good day!

austin_bicep- the landscape on that video is a drag, but I can’t figure out how to flip it with the video equipment I have on my computer. The problem with the pullups is that my boyfriend would have to stand in the bedroom to get my shoulder’s range of motion in the video if we shot it the other way.