Foreman Grill

I use this thing like everyday. i know its supposed to get a lot of the fat out, but what type of fat is it getting out. like the other day i cooked some sausage on it and that whole entire tray was pretty much filled with orange gease. on the nutritional thing for the sausage it said that in one serving there was 30g monounsaturated , and 11g sat fat. is this just gettting the monosaturated fat out though? there where still white spots in the sausage when i ate it which i assume is the saturated fat. so does this thing just get rid of the “good” fat?

Not sure about your question but I read somewhere that the grill makers are being made to drop all that talk about it reducing fat because although it does, it’s only by a couple of grams. Mostly it’s just water.

I use my grill every day as well. I just like the speed at which it cooks things. I dont worry too much about how much fat it takes away. I do believe it gets rid of some nasty shit. After seeing the draining pan, im glad im not eating that shit.

It might least slightly preferentially remove unsaturated fats vs. saturated, since the unsaturated fats have a lower melting point. But, I wouldn’t be surprised if the difference is negligible and you’re basically losing the same small percentage of each.

A national news program tested the grill and found that it only lowered the amount of fat in foods by a small percentage. Like a third of a gram for a hamburger. Who gives a crap though it makes awesome burgers and steaks!

I just picked up one of these grills recently. used it to cook steaks for the One Day Arm Cure program. Best damned steak I’ve had in my life. The secret to cooking a great steak is to sear the surface first to keep the juices inside, including the liquefied fats. These were 1.5", well-marbled, rib-eye steaks. Very little juice came out during the cooking. Medium in 8 minutes! Juiciest and most tasty steak I have ever cooked. There’s no way I could have done as well with a pan or conventional grill. Sure, there was some extra fat. That’s what made it taste so good! - Nylo

The Forman Grill should be a mandatory piece of equipment for every lifter. If you don’t have one, pick one up. It makes staying on a high protien diet so much easier. It takes about 10 minutes to heat up the grill and cook an inch thick steak to medium rare. And about five minutes to clean off the grill with a wet sponge. No more screwing around trying to figure out Broil on the oven, and no more trying to cook steaks in a frying pan. I don’t know how I lived without one. I picked up my “family size” (read- can fit two whole stakes on there) for $99, and I use it 3-4 times a week, easy.